2x1st Round Draft Picks

Tatonka68

Just now, Commonsense said:

They aren't moving up that high and retaining either of those 1sts that's a pipe dream. Current picks always have more value than next years. 

And yet Rams were able to get to 1 overall with only 1 current 1st round pick.

I have said many times though I don't care if it costs both 1sts and a future and I get the QB for the next 20 the cost is nada

17 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Surely there will be a lot of trade buzz of teams trying to move up in the draft as teams like Indy and San Fran seem to have their QBs for the future.  Buffalo seems to have dipped their hand into that category.  With all the picks we have it should be easier for us to move up than a lot of the other teams.  My question is: What realistically would we have to give up to get up into the top 5?  As much as I'd like it to only be two picks, I have a feeling it will be more than that.

Tough to say. The rookie cap threw the dtaft chart out with the bath water.

Its going to depend how far back the trading team wants to go

Just now, kdiggz said:

Both of our 1sts gets us into the top 5. Trouble is finding a trade partner willing to move down

Gonna need more, gotta add the "QB Premium"

That is why I at Min you will see a Rams and Eagles package as the start package and move from there

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

And yet Rams were able to get to 1 overall with only 1 current 1st round pick.

I have said many times though I don't care if it costs both 1sts and a future and I get the QB for the next 20 the cost is nada

Right but they only had one pick to trade that year. The team knows what assets you have and that's how they structure the trade...a move like that would start like this...

Ok so you get 2 overall, we want those two firsts and....

I agree on trading the picks. Identify your guy and go get him, don't come back to the fanbase two years later and say well we were going to....but...

Just now, MAJBobby said:

That is why I at Min you will see a Rams and Eagles package as the start package and move from there

Yes to move into the top 3 perhaps. But we have enough to move up to 5 right now if one of the QB's slips. If you want to guarantee the top QB then yes you need both of those 1sts and maybe next year's 1st too

Just now, Commonsense said:

Right but they only had one pick to trade that year. The team knows what assets you have and that's how they structure the trade...a move like that would start like this...

Ok so you get 2 overall, we want those two firsts and....

I agree on trading the picks. Identify your guy and go get him, don't come back to the fanbase two years later and say well we were going to....but...

True and if they did then cool I might get away with only adding one more pick instead of all the other picks.  That would still leave use with the two 2nds this year

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yes to move into the top 3 perhaps. But we have enough to move up to 5 right now if one of the QB's slips. If you want to guarantee the top QB then yes you need both of those 1sts and maybe next year's 1st too.

And yes I would do it without hesitation if Josh Rosen is the real deal but they might be thinking Josh Allen or Mason Rudolph at 5 is good enough

Just now, kdiggz said:

Yes to move into the top 3 perhaps. But we have enough to move up to 5 right now if one of the QB's slips. If you want to guarantee the top QB then yes you need both of those 1sts and maybe next year's 1st too

Don't even wait.  League opens you have your QB go buy the Browns 1st pick and get YOUR GUY without having to settle

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Definitely think so. My guess from mid pack to top 5. Both 1st and either both 2nds. Or next years first. Its going to take a haul.

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

Does the two firsts this year, a second and a fourth get you to the 2nd pick with San Fran?  They could take Sam Darnold if Josh Rosen is taken first.  

I think it would be close when you look at the Philly package. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I think it would be close when you look at the Philly package. 

I wouldn't mind that.  We'd still have a second and third pick round pick for other needs. Would be interesting...remember they would be dealing with John Lynch in that 2 spot and he likes to do deals too as seen in his first year with San Fran.  Should be interesting

13 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

If it means getting Rosen. I'd give them 1 of our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks this year, and Next year's 1st. I think that gets it done. That still gives us a 1st 2nd and 3rd round pick this year! 

We wouldn't have a third but we'd still have the extra one this year which would be nice.  I like the idea. 

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The Redskins might not have a choice, that 3rd franchise tag is a cap killer. Cousin's holds all the cards right now. He will probably want the Andrew Luck deal which I really don't have a problem giving him. If we can keep our draft picks and sign a QB like Cousins we should break the playoff curse in 2018.

I want to win Super bowls not break "Playoff curses." What good is it to get to the playoffs and not win. If Cousins was "ALL" that Skins would win playoff games. He cannot even beat Dallas.

I really wonder if they don’t package all 3 1st’s and add a 2019 2nd or 3rd that will get us #1 overall.

the Browns could then move back up if there was a specific guy they wanted. But if Darnold comes out and the word is he doesn’t want to play there, I could see them moving out of the spot.

if San Francisco is #2 you could see a similar scenario if Cleveland takes Darnold/Rosen at #1 and the other is left at #2.

if the Giants are at #2 I think you give up whatever necessary to make them move out of that spot. They have a ton of holes, they have Eli for another year or two, and they can grab a guy later in the 1st (Allen, Mayfield, Jackson, Rudolph or whoever slips). 

Regardless, I have a feeling that McBeane knows they need to move into the top 2 and will pay the necessary cost to move up that far.