Are the Bills bad or just not really good?

6-6 in the NFL nowadays is not decent.  The league is filled with parity and roughly .500 ball is right where almost the whole league is.

There are always a few terrible teams with 0-3 wins, let's say, and a few really goods ones that go 13-3, 14-2, maybe 12-4.

Then there is almost the whole league around .500.   

It's not decent.  You need to be better than that to make the playoffs, usually, in most divisions.

6 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Well he just decreased my taxes and likely killed a silly liberal mandate in one fell swoop, so I'll cut him some slack for the USFL thing.  USFL was garbage anyways, who cares.

Wait until tax time to crow about your tax savings. Yes your federal rate dropped a bit but all of your deductions are gone and your heath insurance is going to double.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wait until tax time to crow about your tax savings. Yes your federal rate dropped a bit but all of your deductions are gone and your heath insurance is going to double.

My company pays for my health insurance, so I'm good.  The benefit of having a career as opposed to a job...

It's looking like I can still deduct my NYS property taxes, so we'll see.

Anyways, Trump was right in that Pegula so far is a loser.

Edited by T-Bomb

22 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Not really.  I just think you have to be an enormous jackass to think a guy who made Billions and became President is a joke. Or you must have achieved more. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you achieved more.  But maybe you are just an enormous jack ass.  

Have you listened to ANYTHING that Trump has said?  Best scenario is that Republicans realize that he will bring them down and impeach him.  When your closest allie (Britain) has to issue an embarrassing rebuke of his nonsense, you know it is historically bad.

2 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

My company pays for my health insurance, so I'm good.  The benefit of having a career as opposed to a job...

Keep believing that.  

I have had a decent career and am thankful for the companies that have employed me, but make no mistake- those corporations would not lose a second of sleep to ship your job and your benefits overseas to increase profits.

31 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Not really.  I just think you have to be an enormous jackass to think a guy who made Billions and became President is a joke. Or you must have achieved more. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you achieved more.  But maybe you are just an enormous jack ass.  

I used to think that, too.  Age has a habit of changing perspectives.

11 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Yeah.  Look at Pegula's bank account compared to the orangutan's. 

Just now, oldmanfan said:

How is Trump calling him a loser related to the Bills and Sabres?  Trump's sports experience comes down to ruining the USFL.

Pegula is is much more successful in his businesses. 

But he's very terrible at sports ownership, kind of a big deal...

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

How is Trump calling him a loser related to the Bills and Sabres?  Trump's sports experience comes down to ruining the USFL.

Pegula is is much more successful in his businesses. 

For sure.  I am pretty sure that I would be rich if Daddy fronted me a LOT of money and then took advantage of bankruptcy laws.

i know that this is not a political forum- and I am not a political activist, but I am sure that Trump is an embarrassment to the US in the world community.  No other country cares if he is rich.  He IS delusional and woefully incapable of governing a small town let alone a motor world power.

Edited by OldTimer1960

Just now, T-Bomb said:

But he's very terrible at sports ownership, kind of a big deal...

And Trump was worse.  Trump destroyed an entire league.

the Pegulas made some bad decisions.  Now they have young guys ready for their shot for both of their teams that are either going to get the guys they have to play the right way, or move them out for guys that will.

16 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Mathews was a high quality NFL WR before he arrived here.  Kelvin Benjamin is a very good receiver and Charles Clay was productive before getting here.

What happened then?  I do know Clay had knee issues before the staff passed him in his physical. Then the FO overpaid. Because now  he is simply a cap anchor. Mathews is a McD type guy who has shown nothing.  I would rather have Bob Woods. Benjamin has been injured. The team needs a true number one reciever, McD has the slot position covered. 

To put in perspective how bad the Bills' offense is, just listen to Tony Romo.

He sounds in physical pain talking about all the missed opportunities and bad decisions we make. Open receivers that aren't even being looked at, forced throws into double or triple coverage, dump passes as the primary target, bad passes, not throwing the ball away... I mean he points out over & over how the plays should've been executed but weren't.

4 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

What happened then?  I do know Clay had knee issues before the staff passed him in his physical. Then the FO overpaid. Because now  he is simply a cap anchor. Mathews is a McD type guy who has shown nothing.  I would rather have Bob Woods. Benjamin has been injured. The team needs a true number one reciever, McD has the slot position covered. 

I am not a Taylor hater, but I believe that two things have happened: 

1 Mathews has been injured (uncharacteristic for him)

2 Taylor will not throw to anyone that isn’t WIDE open.  Good NFL QBs can complete passes to receivers that are marginally open.

Edited by OldTimer1960

24 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Companies have to pay for health insurance too. 

12 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Yeah.  Look at Pegula's bank account compared to the orangutan's. 

If you are Terry Pegula and want to claim Trump doesn't know what he is doing in business, that is fine.  But unless you have made a billion dollars yourself, when you are criticizing Trump's business acumen, you are both unqualified to do so, and pretty much clueless.