Dynasties don't lose

oldmanfan

That's why they become dynasties.  The Pats are to football what the Celtics were to basketball in the 50's and 60's, the Yankees in the 40's and 50's, the Bulls with Jordan, the Canadiens with Beliveau.

Brady is the best ever.  Belichick is as well.  Bills will get better with McDermott and Beane.  No question in my mind.  But until B and B are gone we'll be spitting into the wind.  Sad to acknowledge but such is life.

• Like (+1) 1

No they don't, and that's why no Bills fans should truly be disappointed today losing yet again to the greatest HC/QB in NFL history.

Pats are going to do the same thing in a few weeks in Pittsburgh that they did today just watch. In fact they'll be looking to send a bigger message there given the team in question.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

That's why they become dynasties.  The Pats are to football what the Celtics were to basketball in the 50's and 60's, the Yankees in the 40's and 50's, the Bulls with Jordan, the Canadiens with Beliveau.

Brady is the best ever.  Belichick is as well.  Bills will get better with McDermott and Beane.  No question in my mind.  But until B and B are gone we'll be spitting into the wind.  Sad to acknowledge but such is life.

They hardly looked great today. The Bills were putrid on offense because they have no QB. You might want to crawl out of the Pats collective rectum at some point and get outside more. 

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They hardly looked great today. The Bills were putrid on offense because they have no QB. You might want to crawl out of the Pats collective rectum at some point and get outside more. 

Agreed. I honestly think the Pats looked beatable today. Our Offense needs a lot of work and D needs some better run blocking.

Can't be more than 5 years...

We'll never see a football team dominate like NE ever again....would you bet against them being in the SB again this year ?...I know I wouldn't.....the numbers are Star Wars like.....2-3 more years max I guess.....the sooner the better....

1 hour ago, horned dogs said:

They are probably the worst thing to happen to the NFL. Outside of New England, everybody wishes they'd just be gone for a lot of reasons! They are not beloved or America's team in anyway.

People love dynasties for the first few years. Dallas hasn't been "America's Team" for more than 30 years...   

11 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Agreed. I honestly think the Pats looked beatable today. Our Offense needs a lot of work and D needs some better run blocking.

You know how many times people have said "they look beatable" in the last 17 years? Of course they can look "beatable", because not every game is a blowout masterpiece. Being great means still winning when you have one of those grind-it-out games where the opponent is giving you problems.

"Looking beatable" doesn't matter. It's getting somebody to actually beat them when it matters.

1 hour ago, horned dogs said:

They are probably the worst thing to happen to the NFL. Outside of New England, everybody wishes they'd just be gone for a lot of reasons! They are not beloved or America's team in anyway.

I am so sick of them, I don't even have the words to describe it. Even if the Bills are decent in the future, the season basically starts 0-2 because they have to play that team twice. Remember in the 90's, people were upset that Buffalo was "ruining" the Super Bowl? That is how I feel about the Patriots in the regular season for the past decade-and-a-half.

Just now, ricko1112 said:

People love dynasties for the first few years. Dallas hasn't been "America's Team" for more than 30 years...   

I think likeability has a lot to do with it.  The Steelers in the '70s and the 49ers in the '80s were two dynasties that I have zero problem with.

The two I really don't like are the '90s Cowboys with Jerry Jones/Jimmy Johnson and '00 with Kraft/BB/Brady.  Each of those two teams gave you plenty of reason to dislike them besides their on-field success - cheating, arrogance, running up the score, etc.

1 minute ago, par73 said:

I am so sick of them, I don't even have the words to describe it. Even if the Bills are decent in the future, the season basically starts 0-2 because they have to play that team twice. Remember in the 90's, people were upset that Buffalo was "ruining" the Super Bowl? That is how I feel about the Patriots in the regular season for the past decade-and-a-half.

They own the AFC...it's not just us.....once Brady and BB leave, things will be back to normal....

2 minutes ago, OJ's Glove said:

You know how many times people have said "they look beatable" in the last 17 years? Of course they can look "beatable", because not every game is a blowout masterpiece. Being great means still winning when you have one of those grind-it-out games where the opponent is giving you problems.

"Looking beatable" doesn't matter. It's getting somebody to actually beat them when it matters.

Nailed it!

Their fans pain me more than the football team does. I remember going to Pats* games back in the late 80s and saw nothing but Bills fans. They are the epitome of fair weather fans.

Edited by aceman_16
Speeeling

3 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

There fans pain me more than the football team does. I remember going to Pats* games back in the late 80s and saw nothing but Bills fans. They are the epitome of fair weather fans.

You know sucks a lot ?...Kids that were born in ..let's say 1993-1994 and on....once they were old enough to watch football, they've never seen NE being a bad team...a whole generation has gone by with them being on top of the world...that pisses me off.....

Edited by Iron Maiden