Christmas ? real or artificial or upside down

mead107

Picked up the tree on Saturday.

First time tree shopping with just my son and me.  Took 5 minutes.

Smallest tree we've ever had and I absolutely love it.  It's the perfect size for our living room and it was a hell of a lot easier to carry into the house and to apply lights.  It will undoubtedly be a lot easier/less messy to carry out of the house on Jan. 2nd.

31 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Picked up the tree on Saturday.

First time tree shopping with just my son and me.  Took 5 minutes.

Smallest tree we've ever had and I absolutely love it.  It's the perfect size for our living room and it was a hell of a lot easier to carry into the house and to apply lights.  It will undoubtedly be a lot easier/less messy to carry out of the house on Jan. 2nd.

i've learned the smaller ones are the way to go.  i was able to hook up one of those huge, fake christmas trees you see in malls and two story department stores.  a store in canada was taking their decorations down last year, and my father in law convinced the guy to sell it to him.  i hated that god damn thing.  i could barely put it up, i almost killed myself taking it down, and i didn't own a ladder tall enough to decorate the top of it.  this year i just hauled up the old tree, and couldn't be happier.

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I get the impression that your wife and mine are very similar with regard to severe dietary/environmental sensitivities.   I bet we would have a very interesting conversation.  I support my wife unconditionally, but secretly am skeptical of some things.

Yes, that sounds pretty similar. I wonder how serious some of the food stuff is, but the tree stuff got worse each of the last 4-5 years. Very strange. Coincidence? I thought so at first. Have they started spraying trees with some chemical to make them last longer?  Fake tree it is....

I have a friend who is “allergic” to onions (a/k/a he’s hated them since he was a kid). I also have friends allergic to eggs and red meat - and they carry an epi-pen. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Yes, that sounds pretty similar. I wonder how serious some of the food stuff is, but the tree stuff got worse each of the last 4-5 years. Very strange. Coincidence? I thought so at first. Have they started spraying trees with some chemical to make them last longer?  Fake tree it is....

I have a friend who is “allergic” to onions (a/k/a he’s hated them since he was a kid). I also have friends allergic to eggs and red meat - and they carry an epi-pen. 

The food stuff is very strange to me.  My wife, after years of having the same diet (loads and loads of dairy and gluten) developed a gluten sensitivity (eventually diagnosed with Celiac) almost over night.  Within a span of a couple weeks she started to get rashes all over her face and body, and even started to lose small patches of hair.  What is very curious to me is that this all started in the midst of a very stressful event for her at work.  This makes me wonder if some of it is psychosomatic.

Anyway, she has a few “naturalist” doctors that she sees regularly, and we have completely changed diet.  We spend hundreds of dollar per month on expensive supplements, and nothing.  It just keeps getting worse.

This topic may warrant it’s own thread.  Kind of a support group :D

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The food stuff is very strange to me.  My wife, after years of having the same diet (loads and loads of dairy and gluten) developed a gluten sensitivity (eventually diagnosed with Celiac) almost over night.  Within a span of a couple weeks she started to get rashes all over her face and body, and even started to lose small patches of hair.  What is very curious to me is that this all started in the midst of a very stressful event for her at work.  This makes me wonder if some of it is psychosomatic.

Anyway, she has a few “naturalist” doctors that she sees regularly, and we have completely changed diet.  We spend hundreds of dollar per month on expensive supplements, and nothing.  It just keeps getting worse.

This topic may warrant it’s own thread.  Kind of a support group :D

OK, but YOU start the new “support thread”. My wife goes to a “genetic nutritionalist”. Who knew there was such a thing? After giving birth to our kids, she could no longer wear perfume. Huh? 

On December 2, 2017 at 7:43 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Fake tree.  Who the hell does an upside down Christmas tree?  Hipster millennials?  Seems paganistic.

That would be relevant, seeing as the idea of Christmas and it's date on the calendar are entirely borrowed from preexisting Pagan rituals and traditions.

12 hours ago, Augie said:

OK, but YOU start the new “support thread”. My wife goes to a “genetic nutritionalist”. Who knew there was such a thing? After giving birth to our kids, she could no longer wear perfume. Huh? 

she was probably wearing that perfume the night those babies were made, and the thought of how and with  whom they were made makes her subconscious reject the smell.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

she was probably wearing that perfume the night those babies were made, and the thought of how and with  whom they were made makes her subconscious reject the smell.

That could be. Did I mention they don’t look anything like me?