Conference Championship Weekend

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I HATED that FG. I don’t know if it will come back to haunt them but that was not very Urban. You are up less than a TD. If you went even if you didn’t get it they’d be starting at their own 3. 

Same here, right after I said that Wisconsin had no chance, Meyer let them stick around.

25 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I HATED that FG. I don’t know if it will come back to haunt them but that was not very Urban. You are up less than a TD. If you went even if you didn’t get it they’d be starting at their own 3. 

Hot take alert: OSU wins by 20+ today if they started Haskins.

Absolutely. JT missed so so many easy passes and he clearly was not healthy. He ran a season high 19 times?!? 

Speed was the difference, Buckeyes have bettter players but they shoot themselves in the foot too much.

hated the FG but the punts in OSU territory from Chryst alll game were brutal 

ok rant over - Big 10 Champs baby!!!!

Edited by YoloinOhio

Go Buckeyes... glad they got the win, it felt like they took their foot off the gas a bit too much in 2nd half. Too many running plays, their speed was superior and they should have won by a couple TDs at least.  I think the Championship probably comes down to Clemson and Oklahoma, but I'll be rooting the Bucks on for sure. 

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:
  1. Clemson
  2. Oklahoma
  3. Georgia
  4. ?????

It'll be the Buckeyes. I'd be stunned if otherwise. 

24 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:
  1. Clemson
  2. Oklahoma
  3. Georgia
  4. ?????

Alabama.

I don't care that Auburn lost in a bad way today. That should have no bearing on them being left out, and it was the only game they lost all season.

Ohio State has no business being in this discussion. When you give up 55 points to Iowa, you do not belong in the playoffs.

Edited by Mark Vader

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Alabama.

I don't care that Auburn lost in a bad way today. That should have no bearing on them being left out, and it was the only game they lost all season.

Ohio State has no business being in this discussion. When you give up 55 points to Iowa, you do not belong in the playoffs.

I agree with the Iowa part - and think that could very well keep them out. However, the committee uses criteria that Bama does not meet. If they don’t see the two teams as similar it won’t matter because they won’t need a tiebreaker. May just move #5 into the -#4 spot. If they do, going to be tough for Bama with lack of good wins and 3rd place in the SEC.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree with the Iowa part - and think that could very well keep them out. However, the committee uses criteria that Bama does not meet. If they don’t see the two teams as similar it won’t matter because they won’t need a tiebreaker. May just move #5 into the -#4 spot. If they do, going to be tough for Bama with lack of good wins and 3rd place in the SEC.

It's an ugly situation, no doubt about that.

In the end the committee will pick who gets better ratings.

If only the powers that be at college football had the wisdom to have more than just 4 teams in their playoff system.

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

It's an ugly situation, no doubt about that.

In the end the committee will pick who gets better ratings.

If only the powers that be at college football had the wisdom to have more than just 4 teams in their playoff system.

I think they should go with 6. give the top 2 byes. Take all Power 5 champs and 1 at-large/WC. Could be another power 5 team or a AAC or MAC team that goes undefeated (like Central Florida this year)

I’ll throw a wildcard out there for tomorrow at #4... how about usc? 

50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they should go with 6. give the top 2 byes. Take all Power 5 champs and 1 at-large/WC. Could be another power 5 team or a AAC or MAC team that goes undefeated (like Central Florida this year)

That would be shocking.

5 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

That would be shocking.

USC only has the one top 10 win, but their losses aren’t bad and they are conf champ. I think it will be tough to leave out two of the P5 conf champs to put in a second sec team who didn’t make it to conf champ game and has no top 10 wins. However looks like most analysts predicting Bama right now.

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Of course OSU deserves the 4th slot.  With a four team playoff, any team that fails to win its conference should be disqualified from consideration.  

I don't disagree, and yet we only have to look at last year.  

If the goal is to get the 4 best teams then Alabama goes. I'd give them 7 wins out of 10 against OSU on a neutral field. What hurts Alabama is the lack of a "signature" win in 2016.

Edited by Cripple Creek

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know this won't happen, but College Football needs to stop inching along and avoiding the inevitable.  They need to realign and create 8 conferences, 16 teams each, 8 per division.  Conference champions get in to an 8 team playoff.

There is no doubt IMO that this (or something very similar) will happen, it's just going to take 15 years and a whole lot of bitching, moaning, and baby steps along the way.  In the end, the money will win out and they'll just do what they should have done 20 friggin years ago.

11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Of course OSU deserves the 4th slot.  With a four team playoff, any team that fails to win its conference should be disqualified from consideration.  

Then why did non division winner Ohio State make the playoff last season over B1G champion Penn St?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.