Rex Ryan says he was told to bench Tyrod Taylor last year

3 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Sorry, but I don't have any issue with calling someone out twice when they state something so foolish. 

And who has time to read an entire thread that's 5 pages long.

Yup calling Rex a loser and assuming he caved to management is quite a stretch huh, very "foolish".  Apparently you didn't "have the time" to read a few posts down to see my initial response but incredibly  found some to redundantly "call me out" because you were so outraged? whatever 

On 11/29/2017 at 11:05 AM, Livinginthepast said:

Pretty obvious this was the case. Must be pretty embarrassing for Rex to admit. I would have ignored the order. He was a lame duck by that stage anyway, why not stand up for yourself and make the owners fire you then. The writing was on the wall anyway for Rex yet he caves? Makes him seem even more of a loser than I thought!

Huh?  What are you talking about...Rex didn't bench Tyrod.  Bills fired Rex after week 16, the decision to bench Tyrod came after that firing.  He did stand up for himself and made the owners fire him.  So not sure what you think happened, but what you said he "should" have done is exactly what he did do. 

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Huh?  What are you talking about...Rex didn't bench Tyrod.  Bills fired Rex after week 16, the decision to bench Tyrod came after that firing.  He did stand up for himself and made the owners fire him.  So not sure what you think happened, but what you said he "should" have done is exactly what he did do. 

please tell me your kidding ...LOL you are right?

On 11/29/2017 at 2:06 PM, Scott7975 said:

That could only come from Whaley or Pegula. I bet Whaley convinced Pegula to tell Ryan to bench him saying that EJ was the man. Well EJ had another **** game which probably what lead to Whaley getting fired. 

Agreed.  I remember hearing (from some unsubstatiated source) that Whaley was calling for EJ to start before the Bills were eliminated, which would've made EJ's performance in the Jets game even more damning.  

No hard feelings toward Rex, who seems like a pretty decent human being.  It's not his fault the Bills hired him.  Of course, I also blame this one on Whaley.  IMO, he was in the best position to talk the Pegulas out of such a bad hire.  Instead, he was talking about completing each other's sentences & likening finding Rex to finding the person you're going to marry.  But then again, I guess it's not Whaley's fault that the Bills hired him, either.

• Like (+1) 1

Tyrod is Rex's QB so we still get to talk about Rex/Tyrod vrs McD/Tyrod oh the joy of bringing back Tyrod and still living in the last failed staffs era. OBD asked for this kind of talk as soon as Tyrod was resigned. Maybe next year will be a truly new era and we can have new discussions this time of the year.

Just like with the last staff teams had Tyrod figured out, to make him be a QB. He was sat because of his injury clause and because he showed to be not good enough. I supported his benching then and I supported this staffs benching of him, I will also support his permanent benching when his days are done in Buffalo. Move on its time for something better.

IMO it sure would be nice to get Rex out of our headlines but keeping Tyrod will have him talking every season.

Edited by xRUSHx

It was a great decision whoever made it, pulled us up several spots in the draft order and allowed the KC trade down to happen.   I love when management can see past the next game in front of them and has the balls to make decisions that will actually benefit us down the road vs a meaningless win to make fans feel good for a few hours on a Sunday.

Play Peterman again this year if we are out of playoffs!

15 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Yup calling Rex a loser and assuming he caved to management is quite a stretch huh, very "foolish".  Apparently you didn't "have the time" to read a few posts down to see my initial response but incredibly  found some to redundantly "call me out" because you were so outraged? whatever 

The new website gives notifications when one of my posts  is quoted so it was no work at all to find your post.  All I am saying is I don't read through all of the pages of a thread to and then go back and respond to individual posters. That would be a waste of time. I respond as I read them. I'm sure many others here do the same.

At any rate, my apologies for being rude. Water under the bridge.