all time worst season by a bills qb ever

Steve-O, I've been ignoring you for some time, since I often supported you when you were under attack, only to see you turn your particular brand of venom my way. Fool I was... :devil:

265878[/snapback]

I turned my "venom" your way because you are saying cats are better than dogs because dogs "maul" and attack.

That's just insane. That's like saying "I don't like ANY people because they MURDER other people".

I'm betting the number of dogs who have mauled a person to the total number of dogs owned is about the same as number of murderers to number of US citizens. And even if not, its not good to blanket all dogs because a few were mistreated and went bad.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I turned my "venom" your way because you are saying cats are better than dogs because dogs "maul" and attack.

That's just insane. That's like saying "I don't like ANY people because they MURDER other people".

I'm betting the number of dogs who have mauled a person to the total number of dogs owned is about the same as number of murderers to number of US citizens. And even if not, its not good to blanket all dogs because a few were mistreated and went bad.

265914[/snapback]

Well, after typing this, I read Darin's last post, and if his numbers are accurate, my example was even better that I thought. Stuckincincy, you REALLY need to start disliking humans - they are way worse than the dogs you fear so much . . .

There were over 3000 accidental drownings in the US in 2003.  There were fewer than 30 dog bite fatalities.  There are an estimated 52,000,000 dogs in the US.  Give me a break.  You planning on demonizing standing bodies of water later?

The majority of dog bites occur because children aren't taught basic safety for dogs by their overprotective parents.  Simple rules like never approaching a strange dog, staying off private property, turning sideways and not looking directly at a barking dog, etc.

Go cats.  :devil:

265879[/snapback]

Go back to Square One. This started out by a once-again immature pogram against felines. For reasons that escape me, folks seem to get some sort of lump in their pants by some sort of unwarrented "I hate Cats" thing. I subscribe it to those who have little ability of inate thought and slavishly buy into mob mentality, lest they not be "in" or some sort of mental tic.

Yes I fully understand training. But you must realize, the "first" bite of a rottweiler, doberman, bull etc can have catastrophic consequences. And in the last 3 months around here, that happened, and always, always, you hear the same excuses - "I had NO idea" or "it's a nice dog". I refuse to believe that folks who buy dangerous dogs do so because they are innocent and think what a nice companion they would be for the kiddies etc. A short search on the I-net for those who market such animals point out how powerful they are as a selling point, and then speak disclaimers such as "to the best on my knowledge, it is not a bad dog", "I have no prior knowledge of dangerous behavior" and so on.

The simple fact is that many, if not most people that own these breeds do not take proper care..they leave them in yards with four-foot fences, totally unattended, instead of 8 foot fences or covered cages. That's what you do, right? No giggling if people move to the other side of the street when you walk doggie, right? They walk them down streets with those flimsy 15-foot cable leashes. Don't tell me that they are all scum-of-the earth people - they are otherwise good citizens.

To me it comes down to this: Animals are what they are, animals. You can hope that they will always act well, but you can never be sure. I simply do not understand why someone would want to have something with such horrible potential.

I appreciate the goodness in dogs, but I'm certain for every reference you could provide for a saving operation, I could find dozens of horrific outcomes.

Let's say you and I are neighbors. Your doggie is behind the typical 4 or 6 foot fence. I sit on my porch, with a side-by side. But I'm a nice man. Will you trust me when I say that? Will you feel confident that I am well-trained? That I only do so because I am lover of the double-barreled shotgun, know what good the side-by-side has done, and being well-trained, will never take out-of-character action. Of course, I will get a pass if you provoke me, right? After all, it's about the love of my breed. :P

Go back to Square One. This started out by a once-again immature pogram against felines. For reasons that escape me, folks seem to get some sort of lump in their pants by some sort of unwarrented "I hate Cats" thing.  I subscribe it to those who have little ability of inate thought and slavishly buy into mob mentality, lest they not be "in" or some sort of mental tic.

Yes I fully understand training. But you must realize, the "first" bite of a rottweiler, doberman, bull etc can have catastrophic consequences. And in the last 3 months around here, that happened, and always, always, you hear the same excuses - "I had NO idea" or "it's a nice dog". I refuse to believe that folks who buy dangerous dogs do so because they are innocent and think what a nice companion they would be for the kiddies etc.  A short search on the I-net for those who market such animals point out how powerful they are as a selling point, and then speak disclaimers such as "to the best on my knowledge, it is not a bad dog", "I have no prior knowledge of dangerous behavior" and so on.

The simple fact is that many, if not most people that own these breeds do not take proper care..they leave them in yards with four-foot fences, totally unattended, instead of 8 foot fences or covered cages.  That's what you do, right? No giggling if people move to the other side of the street when you walk doggie, right? They walk them down streets with those flimsy 15-foot cable leashes. Don't tell me that they are all scum-of-the earth people - they are otherwise good citizens.

To me it comes down to this: Animals are what they are, animals.  You can hope that they will always act well, but you can never be sure. I  simply do not understand why someone would want to have something with such horrible potential.

I appreciate the goodness in dogs, but I'm certain for every reference you could provide for a saving operation, I could find dozens of horrific outcomes.

Let's say you and I are neighbors. Your doggie is behind the typical 4 or 6 foot fence. I sit on my porch, with a side-by side. But I'm a nice man. will you trust me when I say that? Will you feel confident that I am well-trained? That I only do so because I am lover of the double-barreled shotgun, know what good the side-by-side has done, and being well-trained, will never take out-of-character action. Of course, I will get a pass if you provoke me, right? After all, it's about the love of my breed. :devil:

265967[/snapback]

Gee, I thought I was supposed to be the paranoid delusional one at this here amusement park. Thanks for easily taking the title with just one shot. :P

Darin, Darin, Darin...attempts at a popular variation of reductio ad absurdum does not become you.

265979[/snapback]

I have no idea what a variation of reductio ad absurdum is, but it sounds like one of those things that does not foster a kinder, gentler TSW. :huh:

This thread is reaching threat level orange on the TBD-land security rating system...

let's settle down boys.

265992[/snapback]

Let me try to summarize

Marangi - sucks

Darragh - blows

Cats - litter

Dogs - Bite and Save

Armadillos- squish

Wyche - sat the bench

Darrin and Cincy - need to stop.

Yes I fully understand training. But you must realize, the "first" bite of a rottweiler, doberman, bull etc can have catastrophic consequences.

265967[/snapback]

I do think that says it all. Cats are inherently bad. The good news is they can't help it.

To me it comes down to this: Animals are what they are, animals.  You can hope that they will always act well, but you can never be sure. I  simply do not understand why someone would want to have something with such horrible potential.

265967[/snapback]

it's not even training...if you treat your dog with love, your dog isn't going to attack anyone...i have 2 dogs that would probably be completely useless if someone broke into my home and attacked me...granted, they're both beagles, but they're the biggest softasses ever...you couldn't get them to attack someone if you wanted to...alot of my female friends have rottweilers and german shepherds...i'm sure they were bought partially for protection, but they gush on nonstop about how cute the dogs are...they've been coddled so much that they're seriously the softest, squishiest and friendliest dogs you could ever meet...you'd have to beat the dog over the head a few times to get it angry enough to attack you

Dennis Shaw escapes this subject, only because of the efforts of the "Magician", Marlin Briscoe...I know a lot of posters didn't see Briscoe play.  What a great athlete.

265660[/snapback]

You are right on with that statement. Briscoe was absolutely amazing. So what did the Bills do, trade him to the Fins. I never did understand that.