Question about yesterday's game

buffalo2218

Hughes had a couple nice stunts and bull-power moves as well...the front 4 played well which helped generated a consistent pass rush.  At least one sack was a coverage sack.  So without going back and rewatching, seemed like a good mixture of looks (blitz and coverage) which kept them guessing and on their heels for most the game.

59 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

Hughes had a couple nice stunts and bull-power moves as well...the front 4 played well which helped generated a consistent pass rush.  At least one sack was a coverage sack.  So without going back and rewatching, seemed like a good mixture of looks (blitz and coverage) which kept them guessing and on their heels for most the game.

I would agree - good mix.  It also looked like the tactics and execution were better.  There is nothing worse than a slot corner blitz that gets "blocked" by the DE who gets in the way with his own pass rush.  This is one aspect of Pettine/Rex which was impressive.  They seemed to coach those techniques well.  Other areas (tackling), not so much!

The Bills did blitz a lot and the Chiefs didn't handle it. Smith was the reason -- he missed wide open safety valves, and he failed to see some wide open receivers in the areas our blitzers vacated.

This WILL NOT WORK against Brady.  At least not all the time.  If all we want to do is punish Brady but lose by 50 points, blitz away.  Could be worth it.

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

The Bills did blitz a lot and the Chiefs didn't handle it. Smith was the reason -- he missed wide open safety valves, and he failed to see some wide open receivers in the areas our blitzers vacated.

This WILL NOT WORK against Brady.  At least not all the time.  If all we want to do is punish Brady but lose by 50 points, blitz away.  Could be worth it.

On the other hand, the only think that does work with Brady is getting pressure. It's either that or dousing him with holy water. They say that works with vampires, so it may be worth a shot.....

1 hour ago, grb said:

On the other hand, the only think that does work with Brady is getting pressure. It's either that or dousing him with holy water. They say that works with vampires, so it may be worth a shot.....

the Dolphins put a lot of pressure on him...   bad thing is..  they rarely make a mistake and when you do they make you pay.   I think you have put the right amount of pressure on him...like he dont get back up kinda pressure.  

8 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

I wasn't able to watch the game, but I noticed in the game thread that we called some blitzes. Did we blitz in this game more than other games?

Yes they were coming after Smith especially early in the game...called some run blitzes that really worked out well too...

Edited by matter2003

5 hours ago, Utah John said:

When it comes to Brady, I submit we go with the "hurt him" defense.

I don't care if the field looks like a laundry basket with yellow fabric, we need to do the right thing for humanity. The world deserves to see the end of the great evidence destroyer.