Is anyone here really a Tyrod fan?

Billsfan1972

6 hours ago, bmur66 said:

I like Tyrod but I like 300 yard passing games too. He can shake defenders like nobody. I'd like to keep him around and see someone legitimately beat him out for the starting job. He would be the ultimate backup QB.

I'm of the opinion we would be hard pressed to find a quarterback that can beat Tyrod in training camp. 1st round rookie or not.

49 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

when you play bad or have the inability to play better you should be criticized ......  He is what we think he is.   Not Good Enough  NGE

As to the Alternate Truth.   

I was "excited" to see what he kid could to.  I wasn't giddy and jumping for joy.   If you want to accuse me of something make sure you can get it in a quote. 

(that way I can't deny it) 

Uh huh. If you don't measure up, to the bench you go.

No excuses, to the bench.

Say you played well against the Bucs, Raiders, and Jets - then stank it up against New Orleans? No matter, to the bench you go.

Meanwhile :  LeSean McCoy has had a 9yd game (Panthers), 21yd game (Broncos), and 25yd game (Jets). I can't say I blame him, but apparently he had an "inability to play better". I don't think those games were his fault, but we're not taking excuses, are we? I know there's no one off the bench remotely as capable, but wouldn't it be "exciting" to waste a game learning the obvious? NEWSFLASH : Benching Taylor for Peterman was colossally stupid. Some combination of Coach / GM / OC thought their precious system would magically make NP the better quarterback, despite talent, experience, established record, and skill. Stupid, right?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

If Taylor goes to another team next year and looks like a different QB posting 300+ yard games regularly then I'll be more than happy to admit I was wrong and chalk it up to the Bills being terrible and not having the right coaching/players around him.

But in reality we all know that's not going to happen, a great QB would have had more than one lousy 300 yard game by now regardless of the coaching and talent. I don't even believe Fitzpatrick is a better QB than Taylor but even he had his bright spots and big days in Buffalo on some very bad teams.

I think best case for TT is to land on a team like Denver or Jax next year where he can truly play the Alex Smith role to perfection behind a great defense. But even then he'll simply be keeping the seat warm for a high draft pick QB or have a very short leash as a starter if another viable option is on the roster.

So is it easier to build a team like Denver or Jax with Taylor on the roster, or land a quarterback by throwing a dart on the board draft after draft?Taylor has never seen anything close to weapons like D Thomas, Sanders, Bennie Fowler Jr., he'd be a great fit there.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

2 minutes ago, grb said:

Uh huh. If you don't measure up, to the bench you go.

No excuses, to the bench.

Say you played well against the Bucs, Raiders, and Jets - then stank it up against New Orleans? No matter, to the bench you go.

Meanwhile :  LeSean McCoy has had a 9yd game (Panthers), 21yd game (Broncos), and 25yd game (Jets). I can't say I blame him, but apparently he had an "inability to play better". I don't think those games were his fault, but we're not taking excuses, are we? I know there's no one off the bench remotely as capable, but wouldn't it be "exciting" to waste a game learning the obvious? NEWSFLASH : Benching Taylor for Peterman was colossally stupid. Some combination of Coach / GM / OC thought their precious system would magically make NP the better quarterback, despite talent, experience, established record, and skill. Stupid, right?

Yeah, because Taylor and McCoy are veritable equals in terms of respective talent and NFL resume. GTFO

19 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

classy. good talk friend.... you never let me down.

Then stop while you are ahead!   

There are no more excuses. We have seen them all over and over and over again.   It's the people clinging to these misbeliefs that are muddying the waters here. 

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Do you agree with Tyrod when said that the reason for being  benched ( San Diego) is because he's black ? 

What does whether someone agrees with Taylor about what he thinks about his benching have to do with their being a fan of his or not?    We're talking normal fans of a football player, not groupies or stalkers here.

As for Taylor's belief that he was benched because he was black, I would like to categorically deny that but I can't.  There have been so many personnel moves made that, taken together, scream, "Taylor has been set up to fail".   The OC seems to have deliberately instituted an offensive system and drawn up game plans intended to minimize Taylor's strengths and maximize his shortcomings.  Then Dennison created a game plan for Peterman that was completely inappropriate for a rookie QB starting his first NFL game as if he were deliberately trying to show up Taylor.  Now, McDermott comes out and says, "well, Tyrod's starting against NE but after that 'no promises'".  Since it's unlikely that the Bills have lured Peyton Manning out of retirement, I have to wonder what Taylor did to po whomever on the Bills he po'd because somebody sure has it in for him.  Or somebodies.  

There is  something putrid about the Bills actions and attitude towards Taylor this year that wouldn't look good in the light of day, and that goes triple for benching him at SD.  I don't know what it might be, but it seems to be more than just incompetence on the part of McDermott, his coaches, and Beane.  Maybe it's the subtle kind of racism where some people think there are some jobs that blacks just can't do as well as whites or maybe it is simply holding black QBs to higher standards than white QBs.  All the posters constantly whining about how many times Taylor leaves plays on the field while conveniently ignoring that white QBs do the same thing are good examples of how that works. 

For myself, I think benching Taylor might have been done simply to take the focus off how poorly the defense had been playing since the Dareus trade.  He's become the convenient scapegoat for all the troubles the Bills FO and coaching staff have brought upon the team by stripping it of most of its talent and insisting on using an offensive scheme that does not fit the personnel that they have, from the QB to the RBs to the OL to the WRs.

56 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

while I want better from the position i'm not letting the rest of the team off the hook. guy has a career winning record and the majority of that has been with bad coaching and inconsistent bad play from his defense. i'm way more annoyed with the teams inability to show up in other areas than I am with tyrod over the last 3 years. none of this will matter after this season though as he'll certainly be gone and we hopefully get a bright young talent.

I wont be surprised though when he goes to a more complete team like Denver or jax and wins quite a few games becuz of his undervalued ability to protect the football and be efficient. 

well my wife insisted on a color rush taylor jersey last year so i'd like to at least get a couple more games out of it before I have to buy her a different one. lol

There it is, he has a new jersey and wants to squeeze another year or 2 out of it.

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And you could tell that with that putrid playcalling?  

That's my issue, I just can't tell.

BadLandsMeanie made the same point, in his case backed up with careful film analysis. 

It's a well-known principle that once QB start regularly in the NFL, it can take them 2-4 years to reach their best potential (years on the bench not the same thing as live action)

With Tyrod, he may have taken a step forward, he may have taken a step back - behind this OL and with the plays being called, I can't tell!

3 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

IMO we've seen enough of Taylor despite the play calling, despite the OL play, despite the injuries,  yadda...

If Taylor was an elite QB, or even a very good QB, we'd have seen it by now, no more excuses please.

I think everyone agrees that Taylor is not, and is not likely to grow into, Tom Brady, or Rodgers, or Brees.  Wentz or Luck may be in that elite category.

The problem is that a number of other QB who look better, such as Dak Prescott or Derek Carr, are facilitated by excellent OL, a strong running game, elite WR/TE, scheme that utilizes their strengths, or all of the above.

Taylor looked much better at times last year when the OL was playing better and the run game was top-of-the-league.

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

ya. that's it. 

Occams razor - the simplest solution is ....

When the Taylor Fanatics rail on about great stats you are met with people that say he sucks.   Tit for Tat, rinse and repeat. 

Keep it honest and the truth and half of these ridiculous never ending arguments would end.   

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

12 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

oh no. games. as in this year..... that's all I expected to get out of it before the season even started. lol

It is hard to get a good jersey man most players do not last long here. I have a box full of players jerseys who once was. I love those color rush jerseys  maybe get a #1 fan as the name tag works for many years.lol

Edited by xRUSHx

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

BadLandsMeanie made the same point, in his case backed up with careful film analysis. 

It's a well-known principle that once QB start regularly in the NFL, it can take them 2-4 years to reach their best potential (years on the bench not the same thing as live action)

With Tyrod, he may have taken a step forward, he may have taken a step back - behind this OL and with the plays being called, I can't tell!

I think everyone agrees that Taylor is not, and is not likely to grow into, Tom Brady, or Rodgers, or Brees.  Wentz or Luck may be in that elite category.

The problem is that a number of other QB who look better, such as Dak Prescott or Derek Carr, are facilitated by excellent OL, a strong running game, elite WR/TE, scheme that utilizes their strengths, or all of the above.

Taylor looked much better at times last year when the OL was playing better and the run game was top-of-the-league.

Except it's not working for Dak this season...

I was fine with Taylor getting 3 years, he's gotten close enough to that for me...

The conundrum atm is, do we want a chance to back into the playoff's with Taylor as QB, or do we want to see what Peterman is before the draft?

I think the draft is way more important than ending the drought.  I sure as hell don't want them passing on a QB in the draft because they think they have something in Peterman that they don't.

I like Taylor as a person and we can surely do worse at the QB position, but there are things that he just doesn't do consistently to be more successful as a QB. He's a good dude, liked by his teammates, and a class act imo. He will due, but we have to keep looking. 

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Occams razor - the simplest solution is ....

When the Taylor Fanatics rail on about great stats you are met with people that say he sucks.   Tit for Tat, rinse and repeat. 

Keep it honest and the truth and half of these ridiculous never ending arguments would end.   

right. but I havnt. so don't lump me in there if that is in fact what you are doing here.

1 minute ago, xRUSHx said:

IMO if one lumps the other should be able to lump as well. JS

you 2 both have had some really strong opinions on taylor. unjust ones at that.... ive been ready to move on for a year now. but some of what you guys go on about him is just absurd.

my big question is what happens when a guy has solid stats and more wins than losses? what what point do the stats and the wins and losses start to hold a little water. come on guys. at some point some credit needs to be given. but instead people find other reasons why he sucks. its pathetic.

Edited by Stank_Nasty