The path to the Playoffs

PrimeTime101

Playoff Bound?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Bills get to 9-7 and make it to the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes they make it to 9-7 but loose the tie breaker.

The path now is now more possible because of this win.

Beat Miami twice and Indy. Puts us at 9-7. Here is the key question. Does 9-7 make it to the playoffs this year? Can this team clean up Miami twice and beat Indy?

As silly as this sounds my thought is yes on both. Its been a long time that we have seen a clear possible path to playoffs.. do we get there? your thoughts

1 minute ago, Maine-iac said:

I can't even walk out on that ledge.  I don't trust them not to choke.  The recipe is play good defense, run the ball, find a couple scores.  I don't trust them.

17 years of history makes me want to agree with you. I think we make it to 9-7 but Ravens need to loose against Titans.

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

maybe we should have played the Chargers with all our starters

give it a rest. This is not a QB conversation. Please keep this about the current record and if we can get there. If you want to talk about the QB situation go back to one of the other 10 topics out there about our QB.

Kindly Thanks.

8 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

17 years of history makes me want to agree with you. I think we make it to 9-7 but Ravens need to loose against Titans.

give it a rest. This is not a QB conversation. Please keep this about the current record and if we can get there. If you want to talk about the QB situation go back to one of the other 10 topics out there about our QB.

Kindly Thanks.

more of a coach discussion, and how it affects our playoff chances

But I hope they can make it in spite of all that

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

Considering that 9 wins is usually the absolute minimum required for a post season berth, the Bills are not in bad shape. So they need only to go 3-2 the rest of the way to have a good chance. There aren't a lot of AFC teams with better records , so 9 wins is actually going to give a team such as the Bills a good shot. They have tiebreakers over KC, OAK, and mostly have just the Ravens to worry about. There is no head to head there, so it would come down to AFC record or something like that. 

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

more of a coach discussion, and how it affects our playoff chances

But I hope they can make it in spite of all that

If you've actually watched the Chargers play the last few weeks, you'd know that the Bills weren't winning that game with Taylor, who did little today. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Considering that 9 wins is usually the absolute minimum required for a post season berth, the Bills are not in bad shape. So they need only to go 3-2 the rest of the way to have a good chance. There aren't a lot of AFC teams with better records , so 9 wins is actually going to give a team such as the Bills a good shot. They have tiebreakers over KC, OAK, and mostly have just the Ravens to worry about. There is no head to head there, so it would come down to AFC record or something like that. 

Agreed

3 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I see 8 and 8. Lose to the Pats twice, beat Indi and split with Miami

Id say this is the most probable outcome. However, if the Bills can beat the Colts and Fins at New Era , it's hard to think of a more hospitable road environment in week 17 than at Miami. 

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I see 9-7. Split with N.E. and Miami and beat the Indy.

I see the Ravens also finishing 9-7 and I believe they would likely win the tiebreaker over us if that is the case.

I see 9-7 but I don't see the path being splitting over Miami and NE.

17 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

If you've actually watched the Chargers play the last few weeks, you'd know that the Bills weren't winning that game with Taylor, who did little today. 

sure I've watched the Chargers dude. If you've actually watched football the last few weeks you'd it's a pretty unpredictable sport, teams swing up and down.. I think the Chargers might have done something like that. But if losing is inevitable we might as well throw 5 picks while we do it.

• Haha (+1) 1