Peterman was historically bad on Sunday

LA Grant

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The porous OL against the very strong LAC pass rush and pass D didnt do Peterman any favors (any more than NO did the previous week).

The good news is KC's run D and pass D are down in the bottom third of the league - they're missing a bunch of their best D players - so it's possible our OL might cope.

Who saw Peterman (on the Bills) and said he was not worth starting?

I was under-impressed in pre-season, but it was possible he improved.

People unspoken with at various points in the early part of the season and about 3 weeks ago who saw him in practices...

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Justin Houston elite pass rusher might wreck havoc on our O-Line.  I just don't trust this O-Line with any team out there.. Looks very horrible. 

Oh, they're not good with Mills and Dawkins and Ducasse in there.  But Bosa's already in double digit sacks and Ingram is headed there on the Chargers.  Can't double everyone.

Houston is good, but Dee Ford (who was their terror last year) has been injured (for the 2nd time this season), missed the last 2 games, and will probably be hampered if he goes.

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

The reality is Tyrod got benched because apparently I perceived the same thing as our HC did which is Tyrod isn't good enough and won't be a Bill in 2018. 

You don't bench TT when the sixth spot for the playoffs is wide open. He received a lot of flak for it. Players around the league support TT. I think they know more than you.

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Jeff, can you go into this more?  Why are you so confident of that?

I was told this directly through someone who spoke to Taylor Sunday, if I have that right.   Basically, a trusted person knows someone who is important who spoke to Taylor Sunday and expressed it was 100% Dennison

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I was told this directly through someone who spoke to Taylor Sunday, if I have that right.   Basically, a trusted person knows someone who is important who spoke to Taylor Sunday and expressed it was 100% Dennison

Imagine that an OC wanted to bench his QB after he passed for 56 yards and hasn't shown improvements from the preseason when his OC asked him to trust guys to throw it downfield. But I know we can blame someone else besides Tyrod for our 4 losses up to that point of the season.

Edited by The Jokeman

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Imagine that an OC wanted to bench his QB after he passed for 56 yards and hasn't shown improvements from the preseason when his OC asked him to trust guys to throw it downfield. But I know we can blame someone else besides Tyrod for our 4 losses this season.

I've had employees that I would have cheerfully liked to stuff in a box and ship out of town.  But I had to work with them when I couldn't replace them with someone better.  I had to, you know, coach them up, figure out what they did best and focus on that, use them to best advantage to accomplish the needed tasks.  It would have been silly to give their assignments to someone green and incapable, just because they might not be here long-term.

Returning the conversation to Taylor, it has to be asked why he passed for just 56 yards.  This breakdown may be of interest in that regard.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So the initial source of the gouge is Taylor, did I extract that correctly?

Yes

35 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Imagine that an OC wanted to bench his QB after he passed for 56 yards and hasn't shown improvements from the preseason when his OC asked him to trust guys to throw it downfield. But I know we can blame someone else besides Tyrod for our 4 losses up to that point of the season.

If you gave me the option between Taylor and Peterman, I would take Taylor. If you gave me the option of Brian brohm or Peterman, I would take Brohm. If you gave me the option of EJ Manuel or Peterman, I would take manuel. And this is nothing against the kid, this is just what is being said about him he's not going to cut it

11 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Yes

If you gave me the option between Taylor and Peterman, I would take Taylor. If you gave me the option of Brian brohm or Peterman, I would take Brohm. If you gave me the option of EJ Manuel or Peterman, I would take manuel. And this is nothing against the kid, this is just what is being said about him he's not going to cut it

"I'd take Brohm" is a bad look.  He's the only QB I found who played ~as poorly as Peterman did (rating 17.9 vs Jets, same as Peterman) and he only threw 3 INTs in 3 Q.

WTF with Dennison wanting to start him then? 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

"I'd take Brohm" is a bad look.  He's the only QB I found who played ~as poorly as Peterman did (rating 17.9 vs Jets, same as Peterman) and he only threw 3 INTs in 3 Q.

WTF with Dennison wanting to start him then? 

With brohm you knew and know you're not going to get an NFL starter. With Peterman people actually believe a 5th rounder is going to turn it around for us

7 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

With brohm you knew and know you're not going to get an NFL starter. With Peterman people actually believe a 5th rounder is going to turn it around for us

By "people" do you mean Dennison?  Dennison believed that, even with (I assume) scout team parts of the practice he can't watch on tape?  Is McWrestler sincere when he's going on about how it won't define his career etc etc, saying he believes in him?

WRT Brohm, you knew.  But I can recall loud clamoring from some segments of TBD and in the press, to start Brohm when Fitzpatrick was playing like crap mid-season after cracked ribs - 7 straight losses.  People were all "why doesn't Gailey start Brohm?" "He was a 2nd round draft pick" "See what he's got" "He could give us a spark"  So Gailey started him, and then everyone was "Oh okay.  That's why."  He never played another down in the NFL (he played for the USFL and CFL and is now a coach at Purdue, if anyone wondered).

What boggles my mind is that even after watching that game, people are still "Oh, it's one game, we need to evaluate him, see what he's got, let him play through his mistakes" with Peterman.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

By "people" do you mean Dennison?  Dennison believed that, even with (I assume) scout team parts of the practice he can't watch on tape?

WRT Brohm, you knew.  But I can recall loud clamoring from some segments of TBD and in the press, to start Brohm when Fitzpatrick was playing like crap mid-season after cracked ribs - 7 straight losses.  People were all "why doesn't Gailey start Brohm?" "He was a 2nd round draft pick" "See what he's got" "He could give us a spark"  So Gailey started him, and then everyone was "Oh okay.  That's why."  He never played another down in the NFL (he played for the USFL and CFL and is now a coach at Purdue, if anyone wondered).

What boggles my mind is that even after watching that game, people are still "Oh, it's one game, we need to evaluate him, see what he's got, let him play through his mistakes" with Peterman.

First, what exactly is boggling the Mind? Daneen bottling the mind? Duh

And evidently Dennis and thought enough of Peterman and as little of Taylor to believe as he did. And anyone who thought brohm was a legit starter is a moron

4 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

So he can only improve right? I know we're all upset at how bad he performed but what do we have to lose now if we start him again? My only concern is about McDermott "losing the locker room". Yet I'm not sure if our current core leaders will be along much longer as I can't see Kyle staying around longer and Lorax looks like age finally caught up with him leaving us a chance to pursue more McDermott guys like Star Lotulelei who's set to be an UFA this offseason. 

It’s always darkest before dawn.

35 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

First, what exactly is boggling the Mind? Daneen bottling the mind? Duh

And evidently Dennis and thought enough of Peterman and as little of Taylor to believe as he did. And anyone who thought brohm was a legit starter is a moron

I think your autocorrect may be running amok.  What is boggling my mind, is the fans still being all "still need to evaluate Peterman and play him".  It's all over TBD.  Poll with 30% of respondents wanting him to start.

I have no idea what Daneen bottling the mind should parse to.

I get it Dennison thought enough of Peterman, the question is why and what was he seeing? 

And what did McWrestler see that he signed off on it, if your gouge is straight that it was Dennison's call?

4 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

This point simply defies logic. He's going to be a starter for a while. He's easily been in the top 15-20 QBs, or higher depending who you talk to, every year with a less than stellar supporting cast.

McDermott can try whatever he wants, but all he did Sunday was demonstrate all the deficiencies on O that Tyrod helps mask.

He may very well be a starter for a while... but it wont be here

9 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

He faced the 3rd most average yards to go on 3rd down in the league and was still 9th in conversion rate. People love to see what they want though.

And before we get the captain checkdown canned response

The message truly is 3rd and long 

A possible solution Pass the ball 5 yards or more beyond the LOS on 1st or 2nd.   

8 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Noone said Nate would.  Some of us would like to see him succeed just like we wanted TT succeed in becoming a real NFL QB.   

Some people are convinced Nate's a failure after 1/2 half of a very bad game where it is documented the OLine never blocked Bosa!

We've given TT 2 1/2 years to prove it.   Hypocritical to say give TT a chance and noone else.  (Why do I sound like an EJ homer)

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think your autocorrect may be running amok.  What is boggling my mind, is the fans still being all "still need to evaluate Peterman and play him".  It's all over TBD.  Poll with 30% of respondents wanting him to start.

I get it Dennison thought enough of Peterman, the question is why and what was he seeing? 

And what did McWrestler see that he signed off on it, if your gouge is straight that it was Dennison's call?

I'm getting irritated with my auto correct.  I have to  grammar check every freaking post I make. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I wasdrained. But mind bottling is a TBDism.