Trump was right

T-Bomb

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

So why are you here, on the Bills board then, "wasting your time"? 

Because I enjoy conversing with Bills fans about the state of the team.  Will do so as long as the team resides here.

I mean, this is more fun than watching the games right?

One of the problems with the internet is ppl use it as a safe space, finding a bubble where they fit, and where no one has a differing view.  Don't fall into that trap.

Edited by T-Bomb

Just now, blitzboy54 said:

If Trump was right it will be the first time he has ever been right about anything!!!!

Imagine that, the first time that clown is right it will be about the Bills being doomed. lol

He would have truly been a savior for this franchise and cleaned house. We might not be any better than we are right now but no way the likes of Russ Brandon would still have a job working for him.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Because I enjoy conversing with Bills fans about the state of the team.  Will do so as long as the team resides here.

I mean, this is more fun than watching the games right?

One of the problems with the internet is ppl use it as a safe space, finding a bubble where they fit, and where no one has a differing view.  Don't fall into that trap.

i think the internet is more of a place that people come on to say what they really feel.  most of the time, it's something they would never say face to face to someone else.  the last thing i think of when i think of the internet is a "safe place".

2 minutes ago, teef said:

no.  he's not a bad poster, but some times the take are so downer-ish.  i get what he's saying too, but anytime anyone states the bills/sabres should have moved, i question them as a fan.

and is it more than just a game to you?

Absolutely.  How is not having a team to root for better?  Whether the Bills/ Sabres win or lose it does nothing to affect my life.  I will always be a fan and hope for the best but there's no reason to take it that seriously.

25 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Until they completely 'drain the swamp' (to quote one of Trump's favorite lines) and rid themselves of the stench of the previous ownership nothing will change.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why Russ Brandon should still be employed by this organization. Don't want to hear he's just a marketing guy and has nothing to do with the team, he has everything to do with it and still very much pulling the strings behind the scenes from my understanding.

That's why the Pegulas need a true outsider as the leader of the organization. Just like they should have hired a real GM first and let him bring in his coach, not vice versa.

I totally agree, Russ Brandon is the reason this team hasn't and cannot win.  I can just tell all he cares about is finding that soft zone between selling tickets and not winning.  

Just now, DallasMac said:

Absolutely.  How is not having a team to root for better?  Whether the Bills/ Sabres win or lose it does nothing to affect my life.  I will always be a fan and hope for the best but there's no reason to take it that seriously.

thank you for being a normal member of society.  i'll always follow and hope, and someday, when something positive finally happens, we can enjoy it together.

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I totally agree, Russ Brandon is the reason this team hasn't and cannot win.  I can just tell all he cares about is finding that soft zone between selling tickets and not winning.  

He might be good at selling false hope in Buffalo every year but selling football to the city of Buffalo is like selling cigarettes to a pack a day smoker.

In other words it's probably not as hard of a job as most believe because as bad as things have got the last 17 years people seem to keep lining up for tickets and merchandise no matter what and still will next year.

1 minute ago, teef said:

i think the internet is more of a place that people come on to say what they really feel.  most of the time, it's something they would never say face to face to someone else.  the last thing i think of when i think of the internet is a "safe place".

Depends on where you go on the internet, Facebook and other social media create safe space bubbles, it's one of the contributing factors of why everything you say offends someone else these days.  Our culture was already pretty ****ty, social media has made it exponentially ****ty.

Just now, T-Bomb said:

Depends on where you go on the internet, Facebook and other social media create safe space bubbles, it's one of the contributing factors of why everything you say offends someone else these days.  Our culture was already pretty ****ty, social media has made it exponentially ****ty.

well, if you go to specific sites that support just your opinion.  this board if full of many different opinions, which is great.

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

This is harsh. You can blame McDermott and Beane collectively but you can't fault the Pegula family, they're good people and I think one day they'll be hosting a Lombardy trophy.

"Good people" has nothing to do with building a winning franchise, I think we are finding that out...

20 minutes ago, teef said:

the moaning on here today is outstanding.  

This place can be kind of terrible after a loss (and during one, too). All the negative posters crawl out of the woodwork (some who seem to hardly post when things are going good, which I find quite strange). 

The sky is falling... 

32 minutes ago, White Linen said:

My expectations are the organizations should absolutely be turned around within the year of new regimes.   This is ridiculous that they haven't been able to completely overhaul things to this point.  

Exactly. We were projected to be a bottom 3 team in the NFL and many of these same fans griping agreed with that assessment. They overachieved big time in the first weeks of the year and gave us an early glimpse of what this defense can look like when playing McDermott's scheme properly. But now their talent level has caught back up with them.

Instead of giving people hope for the future, it seems to have done the opposite. 

As I said before, we are not even in the building stage of the rebuild. They've stripped the team down and have yet to start building it up again. I'm going to hold my judgement until they actually add some talent. The new front office hasn't even had a draft yet. Beane hired what looks like a top of the line front office, personnel and scouting staff in order to build through the draft. Maybe we should, you know, give them a chance to actually do that before declaring them a total failure with no hopes of ever succeeding? 

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

This is harsh. You can blame McDermott and Beane collectively but you can't fault the Pegula family, they're good people and I think one day they'll be hosting a Lombardy trophy.

It's not like they want the teams to suck.  They are hiring ppl that were considered the right choice at the time. 

Just now, T-Bomb said:

"Good people" has nothing to do with building a winning franchise, I think we are finding that out...

Actually, good people do tend to be more successful in life. Blaming an owner for 17 years of dysfunction before he was even here is a moronic thing to do. He hasn't even been here for 5 years yet.

5 minutes ago, teef said:

well, if you go to specific sites that support just your opinion.  this board if full of many different opinions, which is great.

I agree, which is why you should not tell someone who disagrees with you to "just go away", so you can be with all your kool aid drinking buddies.

3 minutes ago, DallasMac said:

It's not like they want the teams to suck.  They are hiring ppl that were considered the right choice at the time. 

By who's metric, their own?  Russ Brandon's?  Don't you see the issue?

Edited by T-Bomb

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

This place can be kind of terrible after a loss (and during one, too). All the negative posters crawl out of the woodwork (some who seem to hardly post when things are going good, which I find quite strange). 

The sky is falling... 

and i get why.  what i don't get is why some people revel in it.  on this board and with the bbmb, there were poster who literally wouldn't show up until after a loss.  when they did show up, there was absolutely excitement in posting something as negative as they could. if the bills were able to string together a few wins, they were no where to be found.  i just never understood that.  (i'm not making this comment about the op).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

This franchise will never be a winner with Pegula.

He may have saved the WNY sports teams, but what the hell is the point of it all if they can't compete in their respective leagues?

McDermott has neutered himself and lost credibility with his players.

It's very clear that Peterman was not ready to start an NFL game, and if McBeane thought he was, the drought is not ending anytime soon.

It just may have been better for WNY'ers in the long run if both teams left the region.

Maybe it'd be better for the bills if you just quit being a fan?

• Like (+1) 1