To everyone who was so adamant that the Bills start Peterman

Billsfan1972

On 11/19/2017 at 6:44 PM, aceman_16 said:

They both sucked.... that an option?

So the book is closed on Peterman after only half a game ?  I guess we better hold to Tyrod in case the rookie QB that we’re going to draft sucks after the first preseason game . 

On 11/19/2017 at 6:47 PM, JinxedBill1 said:

One doesn't do enough to ever win, the other is just plain not ready.  What's there to discuss?  

This ^^^   But someone had to puff his chest 

11 hours ago, JohnC said:

We are in accord. Getting those value pick nuggets via lower round selections not only help In staffing your special teams and backups but it helps your cap situation by lowering the average for the backside of your roster. In addition,  lower picks are usually the developmental players that in a couple of years could be ready to contribute. 

A fun question to put out there is who are some of our better low round picks. Right off the top of my head I would say Jason Peters who should be in consideration for the HOF. I'm not saying he is going to make it to the Hall but he should be considered. Going way back CB Robert James was another late round gem who had his career derailed due to injuries. 

....Howard "House" Ballard comes to mind in the 11th round..............

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They give up 4.9 ypc, last in the NFL. I said that their run defense isn’t good. It isn’t.

You know what?  I'm stupid.  For whatever reason when I read your post I took  "worst run defense"  as "their defense isn't well run."

You are right.  Their run defense is bad. That will probably mean Dennison will try to throw all over them hahah.

11 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

So I take it you are comfortable with Peterman being our starting QB next season?  A 5th round pick pretty much cant be a bust.  By that point most of the players are below average.  That doesn't mean he is any good.  He isn't.  He has hype.  He has a couple strong points.  Not enough strong points that will make me ever think he could be a franchise QB.  Of course that could change if he were to play again and knock our socks off.  It was only one half a football game but it was probably the worst half of football I have ever seen out of a QB.  That includes the likes of Geno Smith and Jeff Tuel.  Nobody thinks those guys are going to be any good ever.  Why is it people want to believe Peterman could be?  He was a 5th round pick for a reason and he showed why.

...c'mon, you're smarter that that.....how could I possibly be?.........what has he done to EARN it?....A start does NOT mean THE position is yours......it was a premature and failed experiment......do I expect him to be a part of camp competition next year?...yes, along with perhaps TT (?) or a UFA, and a camp body for a total of 4....can he or will he develop into some level of an NFL QB (starter, backup, journeyman) is a long, LONG way off IMO........

32 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You know what?  I'm stupid.  For whatever reason when I read your post I took  "worst run defense"  as "their defense isn't well run."

You are right.  Their run defense is bad. That will probably mean Dennison will try to throw all over them hahah.

Ha ha, that’s probably true. Their is a path to beating them though. If you can get out to the lead and run the ball you can hang around. If the Bills win the toss this is one of the rare exceptions where I would take the ball. You can’t get behind them early if you want a chance.

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Ha ha, that’s probably true. Their is a path to beating them though. If you can get out to the lead and run the ball you can hang around. If the Bills win the toss this is one of the rare exceptions where I would take the ball. You can’t get behind them early if you want a chance.

.....nor can you "play not to lose" if you get ahead of them early.........Belichick and Brady will adjust and serve you up on a platter......hoping for Dennison & Frazier to counter punch?.....MEH............

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....nor can you "play not to lose" if you get ahead of them early.........Belichick and Brady will adjust and serve you up on a platter......hoping for Dennison & Frazier to counter punch?.....MEH............

You still have to be aggressive but if you are going to have a chance in this game you have to take care of the ball and sustain drives. You have to limit Brady’s touches. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

You still have to be aggressive but if you are going to have a chance in this game you have to take care of the ball and sustain drives. You have to limit Brady’s touches. 

.....how 'bout you giving this as the locker room speech today?........"just win one for the Gipper.....er....The Kirby."........nice ring, right??.....:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Exactly this!!!!

sustain long offensive drives score points and most importantly keep the anointed off of the field.   

Playing Taylor and knowing the outcome if far worst then Playing Peterman and seeing what you have.   At best this team wins 9 and I am not positive they can beat the Dolphins Twice and the colts.  The way the afc is stacking up this will not be a 9 win and in year.  Then the question is what was gained this year expect your good players burning another year of their careers .