To everyone who was so adamant that the Bills start Peterman

Billsfan1972

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This is all you get from him JohnC.  He hates Nate, almost with a passion. 

other than dozens of embedded tweets from twits. 

Is there a joke here 

Web Page Blocked

that I am missing? 

No one hates Peterman.  Heck 95% have no idea who he is (quick name the rookie qb the Giants selected 2 rounds ahead of Peterman)......  

What we do HATE is every thread and post explaining how much better he is and was the answer to the Bills offense.

We also hate the fact that he started vs. LAC and that the Bill braintrust thought he gave the Bills the best chance to win, which was pure bs and threw away a crucial game. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Been saying the same thing about him since preseason based on his play in college and now in nfl action.  He's a marginal talent at this level. 

I have never claimed that Peterman is a franchise qb. He was taken in the fifth round for a reason. Just because you have never liked him as a player that doesn't justify this tiresome crusade against him. The rookie was inserted into the starting lineup because the starting qb struggled and the offense was stuck. So the HC made a change to see if that would jolt the offense. It didn't work out. Yet your fanatical crusade continued while the season moved on. There are more than enough issues for you to fret over. This one is finished and relegated to the past. Get over it!

9 minutes ago, teef said:

nitpicking one play to make a point. seems appropriate.  as others have mentioned, if taylor hadn't been stanking up the joint, it would never have come to this.

Do we need to show the 5 Ints and fumble too to make you happy?

Actually there is a 16 page thread going on and on about a 15 yard completion for g#ds sake.......

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, teef said:

nitpicking one play to make a point. seems appropriate.  as others have mentioned, if taylor hadn't been stanking up the joint, it would never have come to this.

You are astute! You are asking the right question and focusing on the real issue.  Why did it come to starting a rookie? 

6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Do we need to show the 5 Ints and fumble too to make you happy?

Actually there is a 16 page thread going on and on about a 15 yard completion for g#ds sake.......

i'm not defending peterman at all.  he was bad in his debut.  i know that.  none of that excuses taylor from his poor play.  you consistently look for excuses as to why "your guys" aren't doing well.  the reality is that if the entrenched starter, (taylor) had been playing at even an average level, peterman would not have been put in.  this is coming from someone who likes taylor too.

21 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Brothers in disagreement. :D

The Peterman experiment didn't work out. Too many people are trying to exaggerate its importance by making it seem as if it was a catastrophe that sabotage the season. It simply wasn't. 

Well, best played games .....  it did however turn out to be a major catastrophe to some.  

The plan was to find better or try to motivate this team into playing lights out on Defense and have an offense that one day might flow fluidly.     

22 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No one hates Peterman.  Heck 95% have no idea who he is (quick name the rookie qb the Giants selected 2 rounds ahead of Peterman)......  

What we do HATE is every thread and post explaining how much better he is and was the answer to the Bills offense.

We also hate the fact that he started vs. LAC and that the Bill braintrust thought he gave the Bills the best chance to win, which was pure bs and threw away a crucial game. 

Ask 26CornerBlitz about Nate.   Say that you think he's got talent and potential.   You can get back to me on the outcome.  

How much better than whom?   Nate to TT or TT to Nate?   You Taylor Fans are missing the 10000 pound elephant in the room.  

Taylor got benched because McD wanted to see more production from him.   Does Taylor step up and become the Great QB that some his fans claim him to be?  

We all hope so. 

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Why did it come to starting a rookie? 

Because the offensive philosophy and blocking scheme is completely wrong for the personnel we have.  And somewhere between Dennison and McDermott the idea of starting Peterman was conceived to see if he could better run the offense that Dennison can't adequately call plays for, and IMO, does not fully grasp even though he's been immersed in it for years.

10 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Because the offensive philosophy and blocking scheme is completely wrong for the personnel we have.  And somewhere between Dennison and McDermott the idea of starting Peterman was conceived to see if he could better run the offense that Dennison can't adequately call plays for, and IMO, does not fully grasp even though he's been immersed in it for years.

The heart of the matter is that there is a talent deficit on both sides of the ball. The Bills are rebuilding and the coaches are working with what they have. If you put things in perspective for the most part this is a hard working and earnest team. The Bills are either overachieving or in the vicinity where they should be. Why be so down with what has been accomplished. There is still much more to be done. 

42 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I have never claimed that Peterman is a franchise qb. He was taken in the fifth round for a reason. Just because you have never liked him as a player that doesn't justify this tiresome crusade against him. The rookie was inserted into the starting lineup because the starting qb struggled and the offense was stuck. So the HC made a change to see if that would jolt the offense. It didn't work out. Yet your fanatical crusade continued while the season moved on. There are more than enough issues for you to fret over. This one is finished and relegated to the past. Get over it!

Crusade? Give me a break.  A crusade is when someone harps on only one particular issue and that I certainly do not do.  I'll continue to post about him wherever and whenever I decide to. Who are you to tell me?  No one told you to interject yourself into the fray. Now bug off!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The heart of the matter is that there is a talent deficit on both sides of the ball. The Bills are rebuilding and the coaches are working with what they have. If you put things in perspective for the most part this is a hard working and earnest team. The Bills are either overachieving or in the vicinity where they should be. Why be so down with what has been accomplished. There is still much more to be done. 

Look I don't fully understand defenses or the nuances involved.  I am a football fan.

Offense though is easy to follow.  When I know 80% of the Bills playcalling in advance of the snap it is a problem.  

We see slow play calling and no urgency in the offense.  Movement is minimal, just told that Taylor in week 12 was finally allowed to audible, formations that are vanilla, bad first down calls, second half prevent offense, McCoy's #'s down and no chance to succeed......

This I place on the OC.

13 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Oh, I totally agree that this is a team in transition that has worked hard and overachieved.  All the pieces are not in place yet and the team is not where McDermott wants it to be; he's said as much several times.

But I don't think the OC is adequately using what he has on offense; we largely have the same personnel as last year, with comparable receivers, and the offensive is vastly under-performing.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What does TT have to do with this play where Peterman had a totally clean pocket despite your claim to the contrary?  This play should have exemplified his purported strength as an accurate pocket passer. 

Except, he's not very accurate. He's borderline flat out inaccurate.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What does TT have to do with this play where Peterman had a totally clean pocket despite your claim to the contrary?  This play should have exemplified his purported strength as an accurate pocket passer. 

Except, he's not very accurate. He's borderline flat out inaccurate.

Just now, jmc12290 said:

Of course they would've.  Peterman missed him too.

But he didn't. At all. The play was obviously designed to go right as coverage dictated. He even had the quick (weak) fake left because he was always going to throw right. There is no blame whatsoever on Peterman missing Clay on this play who only became open and looked well after Peterman was looking right. 

I still think we are going to see NP play again this season as soon as the 2nd half in this weeks game if TT insists on playing the way he always does.

And as bad as his debut was people still need to consider it was his first NFL start, on the road against a team that now looks like one of the best in the NFL.

Also Casey Hayward (who picked off NP several times) is now graded out as the #1 DB in the entire NFL by PFF.

I still believe NP could be the answer but time will tell.

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

But he didn't. At all. The play was obviously designed to go right as coverage dictated. He even had the quick (weak) fake left because he was always going to throw right. There is no blame whatsoever on Peterman missing Clay on this play who only became open and looked well after Peterman was looking right. 

Oh, so now you know the play design?

When Peterman looked towards Clay, he sees the LB dropping in clear hook zone coverage with Clay running straight past him.  No DB is anywhere close to make a play on a led pass and the S was cheating towards the opposite side of the field.

In the NFL, sometimes players don't become "wide open" until the ball is thrown.  It was clear Clay was going to get WIDE OPEN when Peterman was looking at him, and thus, he missed him.

Edited by jmc12290