This is why Tyrod was benched

essential

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I love how plenty of people that weren't sold on him routinely through our hot start said how they were slowly warming up to him but now the narrative is that he was just bad all along from some of the same people. It's comical

what's comical is that one can watch TT and not understand the limitations of his game.

20 hours ago, Arkady Renko said:

What made Taylor dynamic -- his ability to throw the long ball and run for a first down -- has been diminished.  Not sure whether that was due to coaching, WR talent or defenses adjusting, but that is what is causing him to struggle this year in my opinion.  

Wish they could have brought Greg Roman back this year...

The problem is those are things you need a QB to do a couple times per game, they are not the core competencies of a playoff caliber QB.  Same way the stuffing and cranberries are not the building blocks of Thanksgiving dinner but the compliments to the turkey.

Most of what you need a QB to do is to understand where, when and how to deliver an accurate ball on 3th and 8 (and not to the guy who is 3 yards up field).

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

what's comical is that one can watch TT and not understand the limitations of his game.

Right. Or the fact that some can't grasp that one can totally see the limitations to his game yet give credit where its due. 

Believe it or not I wasn't sold on Taylor and actually wanted a qb drafted in 17 or in 18 early even if he had a solid year due to said limitations. Just becuz I don't agree with the benching(although i see thr reasoning and i get it) doesn't mean I think he's a great qb. Some people have a hard time understanding how that works though. 

Forgive me for thinking the 5th round rook isn't gonna be a huge upgrade if one at all. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

25 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I think his first statement is 100% off base. Taylor was playing nice efficient ball our first 7 games as a whole. I dunno how that can even be argued all that much. 

As for the benching....My Fanhood isn't tied to any one player on this team. I'm all in with Peterman if he's the starter. I'll hope for the best. Why is it that anyone that doesn't agree with the benching automatically was in love with Tyrod or doesn't like Peterman as a player?

I don't think it was off base at all.

love? I never said anything about love. more like clinging on to lost hope. taylor had his shot. I may of been watching a different taylor than you because as I saw it, he really wasn't getting it done. he struggled to read the defense, find the open receiver and did more with his feet than his arm. 

hopefully peterman has a good first start because I really would like to see the taylor discussion put to rest.

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Right. Or the fact that some can't grasp that one can totally see the limitations to his game yet give credit where its due. 

Believe it or not I wasn't sold on Taylor and actually wanted a qb drafted in 17 or in 18 early even if he had a solid year due to said limitations. Just becuz I don't agree with the benching doesn't mean I think he's a great qb. Some people have a hard time understanding how that works though. 

they did draft one, not early but did draft one.

he'll be the guy I'm pulling for today.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Believe it or not I wasn't sold on Taylor and actually wanted a qb drafted in 17 or in 18 early even if he had a solid year due to said limitations. Just becuz I don't agree with the benching(although i see thr reasoning and i get it) doesn't mean I think he's a great qb. Some people have a hard time understanding how that works though. 

Forgive me for thinking the 5th round rook isn't gonna be a huge upgrade if one at all. 

your posts seem to suggest more than what you are proffering here. they are worded quite strongly against those who may see things in a slightly different light than you.

no need to forgive you for thinking a 5th round rook can't do better than a 6th round 7 year vet who rode the pine his first 4 years in the league only to end up there yet again. your thought process is yours and again, no need to apologise for your perspective. just as i shouldn't have to apologise for believeing a cerebral 5th round QB who has displayed many good traits that successful QB's have will be better than what we have had of late.

Edited by Foxx

you can be the best athlete on the field,  and if u cant process the information,  all that athleticism means squat.    Successful QBs,  more than any other position,  need to be able to process the whole field,  pre, and post,  snap.

Bill Parcells once said that he would pass on the most physically gifted players everytime,  if they didnt have it between the ears.    Belicheck does the same thing.   Pats have the most college graduates on their roster by far compared to the rest of the league.

Edited by bigduke6

3 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

you can be the best athlete on the field,  and if u cant process the information,  all that athleticism means squat.    Successful QBs more than any other posistion,  need to be able to process the whole field,  pre, and post,  snap.

Bill Parcells once said that he would pass on the most physically gifted players everytime,  if they didnt have it between the ears.    Belicheck does the same thing.   Pats have the most college graduates on their roster by far compared to the rest of the league.

Basically Tyrod has a multi million dollar body and a .10 cent brain. 

21 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I don't have a very subjective view of taylor at all man.... that's what most of you don't get. you think anyone that doesn't agree with the benching or your view on taylor has a hard on for him. and theres some irony in that after what you just said. I don't think EVERYONE who likes the benching wanted to bills to lose so it would happen. in fact i'm willing to hear a solid argument about it. 

as for my thoughts on taylor.....I wanted the bills to draft a qb high last year or in 18 even if taylor had a solid year. taylor can win games with support. he's been efficient and makes the occasional big play. when the defense was playing well we saw how valuable his type of efficient mistake free football can be. a recipe for success when the defense and run game shows up. when it doesn't we lose becuz he's just not good enough to carry that burden. the problem I see is when those other breakdowns happen all of sudden taylor sucks and has the whole time and "I told you so" and blah blah blah "I was right you were wrong"  "he's been figured out" "he'll never win another game"....... meanwhile there are plenty of those people that weren't anywhere to be found 2 weeks ago.

...it's all about OPINIONS and respect from both sides is what makes this place work....wanting the Bills to lose makes about as much sense as hoping TT FAILS to live his lifelong NFL dream wherever that may be.....drafting a QB last year was not feasible in my OPINION with all of the other "repair work" necessary.......and the usual "wait 'til next year 'cause the class is much better" is the usual......I think repairing the defense post Train Wrecks was the focal point (hopefully back to Top 10 or better) and Taylor could be a serviceable game manager....hoping for the Bills to lose makes about as much sense for hoping TT fails in living his lifelong NFL dream, asinine and ignorant.....both are self serving "see I told you so" positions............

51 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I love how plenty of people that weren't sold on him routinely through our hot start said how they were slowly warming up to him but now the narrative is that he was just bad all along from some of the same people. It's comical

Why is that hard to believe? 

He was making some progress just not enough.  

I guess i was dumb enough to get sucked into a false reality.   

My bad ? 

Take a good long look around and you will see that a number of Taylor supporters have come to the same realization that his time has passed.  

Onto the next chapter which may change again or continue on.  

Nothing but ? for the Bills

I'm not sure I believe that the only reason this move was made was because of some sort of ultimatum from Dennison. But sources close to situation did say that Dennison has been lobbying for Peterman for weeks because of the belief he's outplayed Taylor in practice pretty much since training camp and the more natural fit for a west coast, timing based offense that relies on a true QB and not a gimmick one like Taylor.

Either way Dennison will be under the microscope now because if this offense does continue to struggle even with the QB change you have to believe he'll be one and done as the OC either way.

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Well this pretty much sums it up......ive turned the page already personally.....hope most others can do the same.....just hoping for the best moving forward.....