Glass Half Full / Half Empty / What's next

Jobot

56 minutes ago, rant_and_go_returns said:

He's not in shape. Needs at least 20 lbs. One hit, he's dead.

I've wondered about this.  It's a lot of fun to go out and sling the ball around, but sooner or later you're going to take a hard hit.

Some QBs look skinny, and many just look like normal sized guys.  I'm amazed that they last as long as they do.

When a QB stands in the pocket and makes a throw with somebody bearing down on him, I can't imagine what that must be like.

What's next ? ... Back to back road losses to the bland Chargers and strong Chiefs get us to 5-6 with 4 straight L's ... Two of the final 5 games will be against the leagues darlings patriots ... there's my glass half empty.

3 weeks ago after wasting the Raiders we were great ... there's my half full.

5 hours ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

Someone on some WGR show (can't remember which one) said it best. We aren't missing the Marcell from this year. He was trash. We are missing the Marcell from the past few years. The guy who would eat up double teams and take away the up the gut run game. Living off of flukey turnovers was fun, but now we are exposed as a really thin, easy to push around defense. Our ONLY hope is to have an O that doesn't surrender 3 and outs 4 times in a row. I believe we have a QB on the roster who could facilitate that but who knows if he ever sees the field while still alive this year.

That works two ways.  When people feel wanted or needed, they tend to give much better effort than if they feel unwanted and/or expendable.   Since stories began surfacing back in the spring about the Bills wanting to get rid of Dareus, it had to be obvious to him that he wasn't wanted.   I'm sure somewhere in McDermott's " study guide on "How to Be an NFL Head Coach" there's at least a paragraph or two about motivating players.  He might Google "self-fulfilling prophecy", too.

• Like (+1) 1

Glass Half Full: They still are in playoff position, the D up until the previous two games was doing quite well against the run and stopping teams in the redzone, and the offense I think still can improve with Benjamin here Clay healthy and more time to gel. Plus at points this season Tyrod has played better then I have seen yet.

Glass Half Empty: Run defense has been gnashed two straight weeks, tackling has went from being sound to a tire fire, they have lose two winnable games to Cincy/Jets that now give zero room for error, the offense has been out of sync badly the last two weeks, and in general the way they laid down against the Jets/Saints and showed no amount of fight and heart is incredibly concerning. Additionally Taylor against the Saints was a tire fire of epic levels that is hard to come back from.

Whats Next? Well this game is pretty much it for playoff chances. Win and things still look favorable with Colts and Phins at home and a late road date in Miami who shouldn't be playing for much. Most importantly it gives the team some confidence which it seems to have really lost since the Matthews fumble in that Jets game. Lose and the idea of going 6-10 looks quite ominous, makes you pause on how much progress really had been made this year, and conjures up every memory of the last 17 years with a soul killing slide out of playoff position.

Edited by corta765