The time for change is now

This is a true turning point of the season. We had a solid start and are now trending towards our (all to familiar) spiral into elimination. DO NOT WAIT until the season is beyond salvaging. Make the necessary personnel changes now and try to reverse the trend here.

Take out:     

Alexander- way to slow and not a scheme fit. ST’s only 

Brown- way to slow to play MLB and just not good enough. Slide to SLB in obvious run situations

Ducasse- always been terrible

Taylor- completely figured out. Can’t make teams pay for selling out to stop the run. Once they stop McCoy, they stop us.

Lawson- not a scheme fit and has been completely ineffective. Sit him and try to motivate him going forward.

Put in:

Milano- Fast, instinctive, nose for the ball. Defense played better when he was in.

Groy- why did we bother keeping this guy if he wasn’t going to start? It’s not like our interior online is playing good enough to keep him on the bench.

Peterman- will get the ball out quick, will get the ball on time to play makes for a catch and run, perfect for West Coast offense. Will have no tape and may provide a spark.

Yarbarough- has played well when given a chance, all effort, hard worker, earned playing time.

Every decent year we have a point in the season where it starts to turn for the worst. Rather then be proactive and actually try and reverse our fortune, we always sit on our hands and ride the same trash to an elimination. Make the moves before its to late and see if we can’t get it right for a change. We are still in this. Go Bills!

Agree.

I have a good buddy whose a big Panthers fan.  I asked him how he thought McDermott would fare here in the summer.  He thought OK but his biggest issue with him as defensive coordinator with the Panthers was his teams usually tired defensively by the 4th quarter. 

It's mid way through the season now and these guys just look tired/defeated/jet legged, etc.  I'd be surprised if they win two more games this year at this pace.  I mean most of us didn't expect the playoffs this year.  I say start Peterman the rest of the way and prepare for next year. 

2 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Agree.

I have a good buddy whose a big Panthers fan.  I asked him how he thought McDermott would fare here in the summer.  He thought OK but his biggest issue with him as defensive coordinator with the Panthers was his teams usually tired defensively by the 4th quarter. 

It's mid way through the season now and these guys just look tired/defeated/jet legged, etc.  I'd be surprised if they win two more games this year at this pace.  I mean most of us didn't expect the playoffs this year.  I say start Peterman the rest of the way and prepare for next year. 

Our defense is really old.  We have thirty year olds all over the place.  His defense is a defense that needs fresh legs and the current roster doesn't have that

Edited by Buffalo30

7 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This is a true turning point of the season. We had a solid start and are now trending towards our (all to familiar) spiral into elimination. DO NOT WAIT until the season is beyond salvaging. Make the necessary personnel changes now and try to reverse the trend here.

Take out:     

Alexander- way to slow and not a scheme fit. ST’s only 

Brown- way to slow to play MLB and just not good enough. Slide to SLB in obvious run situations

Ducasse- always been terrible

Taylor- completely figured out. Can’t make teams pay for selling out to stop the run. Once they stop McCoy, they stop us.

Lawson- not a scheme fit and has been completely ineffective. Sit him and try to motivate him going forward.

Put in:

Milano- Fast, instinctive, nose for the ball. Defense played better when he was in.

Groy- why did we bother keeping this guy if he wasn’t going to start? It’s not like our interior online is playing good enough to keep him on the bench.

Peterman- will get the ball out quick, will get the ball on time to play makes for a catch and run, perfect for West Coast offense. Will have no tape and may provide a spark.

Yarbarough- has played well when given a chance, all effort, hard worker, earned playing time.

Every decent year we have a point in the season where it starts to turn for the worst. Rather then be proactive and actually try and reverse our fortune, we always sit on our hands and ride the same trash to an elimination. Make the moves before its to late and see if we can’t get it right for a change. We are still in this. Go Bills!

Missing a LBer

It stills boggles my mind that this coaching staff believes Tolbert is our best option at backup RB. He is on the field way too often on 3rd down especially 3rd and long. It’s concerning that both Dennison and to a larger extent McD don’t see why that’s such a horrible thing.

And Preston Brown is a fine enough MIKE that you can win with if the DTs do what they are supposed to do and keep him Clean.  That is why he struggled in the 3-4 had a hard time getting off blocks and not big enough to take them on.  However if your DTs are not keeping the LBer clean days like today will happen

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

It stills boggles my mind that this coaching staff believes Tolbert is our best option at backup RB. He is on the field way too often on 3rd down especially 3rd and long. It’s concerning that both Dennison and to a larger extent McD don’t see why that’s such a horrible thing.

What really is concerning to me is all these years all these coaching changes and the one that gave us a Modern NFL Offense was Chan Gailey.

Buffalo where they think Innovation is going back to the 70s

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ok schematically makes sense then, who gets the Mic?  you entrust Milano at Mike with the Defense as a Rookie?

Either Milano or Humber. Not Brown. He’s much to slow. I want the LBs that can move on the field as much as possible. And I want Brown and Lorax on the sidelines 

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And Preston Brown is a fine enough MIKE that you can win with if the DTs do what they are supposed to do and keep him Clean.  That is why he struggled in the 3-4 had a hard time getting off blocks and not big enough to take them on.  However if your DTs are not keeping the LBer clean days like today will happen

What really is concerning to me is all these years all these coaching changes and the one that gave us a Modern NFL Offense was Chan Gailey.

Buffalo where they think Innovation is going back to the 70s

Our offense would look modern Sunday if we played Peterman. He gets rid of the ball and actually looks at the defense and receivers