Wallow In Misery If You Must, I’ll Tip My Hat to the Saints

K-9

Bills had it coming, and it was pumped up by people on here proclaiming a Super Bowl  in the most obnoxious pinhead fashion

but jeez, I can hope my gloating neighbour gets taken down a peg or two, but I don't want the commuter train to hit him at 90 mph and leave one of his legs half a mile away from the point of impact

1 hour ago, Bill_with_it said:

I asked if you thought that adter qatching any of the previous 8 games yesterday was indicativebof their performance? We lost yesterday because we couldnt stop the run. Did our teams past 8 game performance gave you an inclination that this was something that would pop its head up?

We lost yesterday for many reasons, one of which was our inability to stop the run. Considering the Jets ran all over us in the last game it was obviously something to look out for yesterday. Are you looking for a specific answer from me or something? Am I supposed to believe that this team is above getting run all over?

In my first post game post, I did credit the Saints for a good game, but one team playing a good game does not fully account for a contest as lopsided as we saw on Sunday.  That required extreme ineptitude on the part of the losing team.  I try to be level headed in my reaction to bad games and I don't try to tell coaches how to do their job, but at some point some significant changes have to take place if the Bills are to have any hope of breaking the playoff drought.  I'm not talking this year necessarily.  I'm talking about breaking the playoff drought ever.

47 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Why are you whining about the fans negative reaction after one of the worst quit-jobs in Bills history?   And the second consecutive embarrassingly awful effort at that.   Suck it up buttercup.:doh:

LOL! 

14 minutes ago, K-9 said:

LOL! 

Exactly!:lol:

Whining about whining.   Then telling people to tip THEIR hats..........is pretentiousness classy?:lol:

There was no real way to FORCEFULLY make the point you wanted because what you are choosing to do........overlook the Bills role in their humiliation and tip your hat to the opponent........is a personal decision.   And suspect at that........6 rushing TD's.......300 yards on the ground......24 straight run plays at one point.......nobody is anywhere near THAT good in the NFL.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Exactly!:lol:

Whining about whining.   Then telling people to tip THEIR hats..........is pretentiousness classy?:lol:

There was no real way to FORCEFULLY make the point you wanted because what you are choosing to do........overlook the Bills role in their humiliation and tip your hat to the opponent........is a personal decision.   And suspect at that........6 rushing TD's.......300 yards on the ground......24 straight run plays at one point.......nobody is anywhere near THAT good in the NFL.

Perhaps I was wrong to use the terms "whiney" and "wusses" and for that I apologize to forum readers whose sensitivities prevented the true intent of my post to sink in. 

I offer this only as free mental health advice, nothing more, as I wonder what the volume of cortisol released in WNY after a Bills loss amounts to. When you are so thoroughly outclassed on the football field or in any other field for that matter, I think it's beneath us as a species to forget to tip your hat to the other guy and instead harp on all the negative and often wasteful other reasons. And I'm not talking about the true "discussion" that happens, either; it's the incessant finger pointing about things totally out of our control and the inevitable sniping that occurs as a result. 

There is no litmus test for one's level of dedication as a fan nor can one's passion for their favorite team(s) be measured by vitriol towards the opponent(s). It's just better on the psyche to offer respect to the other guy, that's all. It isn't hard to do and is much easier on the mind. 

giphy.gif

The Saints yesterday showed they are exactly the type of team I hope the Bills can become someday under this McD/Beane era.   They can run the ball down your throat, smash-mouth O-line, and can certainly pass effectively anytime they want to.  In addition they play stout defense.  What's not to like?!?   I suspect the Saints are not quite as dominant and the Bills not quite as inept as we saw yesterday....but it was a far enough gap that even if Buffalo played their A game, we still would've lost by 17 easily.     I feel like the Bills got complacent knowing it was on their home field.  Like they just needed to show up and they'd play better.  WRONG.