Fire Brandon Beane

Klaista2k

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Whose fault is it then?  He is the #2 back because Beane and McDermott want him to be.  Otherwise why have they done nothing but boomerang sign and release Joe freaking Banyard (a scrub) as competition? Because they want Tolbert on the field.  That's why.  

Definitely on the coaching staff - McDermott and Dennison.  Beane does not dictate game day roster and packages run; assuming Beane got Tolbert it is probably because the coaching staff wanted him.  Completely agree that there was a major failure on coaching/FO in picking up a legitimate RB2.

3 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

He didn't have to trade Dareus NOW. He could have traded him in off-season where we could have gotten a replacement either in draft of FA. As is, he took away the team's best run-stopper on a team that was relying on run-stopping to win games. THAT'S IDIOTIC.

He didn't buy into the system and when a leader on the defense doesn't buy into the system, you have the chance to lose a lot of other players that look up to him.  Making that move now, while it doesn't help this season, was the right move.  To them it is all about culture and chemistry.  Having a guy that is questioning everything on the team will not help you succeed, it will just be a distraction.  Plus more cap space.  The front office doesn't care how we do now...they are making moves for 3-4 years from now when they have replaced the majority if not all of the roster they inherited.  They are rebuilding...

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Definitely on the coaching staff - McDermott and Dennison.  Beane does not dictate game day roster and packages run; assuming Beane got Tolbert it is probably because the coaching staff wanted him.  Completely agree that there was a major failure on coaching/FO in picking up a legitimate RB2.

Nope.  It's on McDermott and Brandon Beane.  I don't believe for a second Dennison has not asked for an upgrade.  The Carolina two love what Tolbert "brings".  

I'm not advocating firing Beane or McDermott.  I am in this for the long haul.  But the Tolbert catastrophe is on them IMO.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Nope.  It's on McDermott and Brandon Beane.  I don't believe for a second Dennison has not asked for an upgrade.  The Carolina two love what Tolbert "brings".  

I'm not advocating firing Beane or McDermott.  I am in this for the long haul.  But the Tolbert catastrophe is on them IMO.

You could be completely correct.  But my point is Beane is not responsible for the game day roster and how the players are utilized.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Correct

4 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

He didn't buy into the system and when a leader on the defense doesn't buy into the system, you have the chance to lose a lot of other players that look up to him.  Making that move now, while it doesn't help this season, was the right move.  To them it is all about culture and chemistry.  Having a guy that is questioning everything on the team will not help you succeed, it will just be a distraction.  Plus more cap space.  The front office doesn't care how we do now...they are making moves for 3-4 years from now when they have replaced the majority if not all of the roster they inherited.  They are rebuilding...

The right move could have come in the off-season. That's what SMART front offices do. We still HAVE unused cap space this season. We didn't need to dump him NOW. We were 5-3, in the midst of a play-off race, which Beane admitted publicly. This was a HUGE miscalculation on his part. The RIGHT THING to do was off-season, when you have the ability to get a  REPLACEMENT. It's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS BY NOW. Only fools would be blind to it.

3 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

The right move could have come in the off-season. That's what SMART front offices do. We still HAVE unused cap space this season. We didn't need to dump him NOW. We were 5-3, in the midst of a play-off race, which Beane admitted publicly. This was a HUGE miscalculation on his part. The RIGHT THING to do was off-season, when you have the ability to get a  REPLACEMENT. It's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS BY NOW. Only fools would be blind to it.

They didn't even get a full offseason...he will be replaced this offseason.  Again, they bridge the gap with players from the last team until they fill the need.  We have a ton of needs that need to be filled and a ton that needed to be this offseason, it can't all be done in one offseason man...it takes time

HAHAHAHA. This team has been in a rebuild and has been overachieving to even get to the record they have now. You think the Bills expected to win now? No. They have been gutting the team since Day 1 and adding a bunch of nobodies to replace Pro-Bowl players. This team will not beat anyone good for the rest of the year, but this really shouldn't surprise anyone because this year was ALWAYS going to be a rebuild. 

11 hours ago, Klaista2k said:

Trading Dareus may have potentially cost us the season this year. The defense has turned into complete **** since we've traded him. Getting rid of him was just SO BAD that I don't know if Beane deserves to be back. 

Well... we did get some cap flexibility - especially in 2019 when we would've probably had to cut him.  Now we have no hit in 2019, whereas if we cut him it would've been around 10 mil.  

It was probably the worst contract in the NFL.  The fact that he barely played made it even worse, but that was a bad contract even if he was OK as a football player.  That's why we got rid of him.

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yeah fire Bean, i mean after all he has not delivered a winning product and hasn't assembled a bunch of draft picks and hasn't tremendously improved our salary cap position.

We need to follow the Cleveland Brown MO, fire HC and GM every other year, that is the key to success in the NFL.

If we fire him at 5-4, wouldn't he have delivered a winning product?

4 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

HAHAHAHA. This team has been in a rebuild and has been overachieving to even get to the record they have now. You think the Bills expected to win now? No. They have been gutting the team since Day 1 and adding a bunch of nobodies to replace Pro-Bowl players. This team will not beat anyone good for the rest of the year, but this really shouldn't surprise anyone because this year was ALWAYS going to be a rebuild. 

All true but for a second they teased us, had us fooled at 5-2.  Problem is we havent faced on single good (maybe Atlanta which we were incredibly lucky to beat)  team this year until yesterday and witness the results.

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Well... we did get some cap flexibility - especially in 2019 when we would've probably had to cut him.  Now we have no hit in 2019, whereas if we cut him it would've been around 10 mil.  

It was probably the worst contract in the NFL.  The fact that he barely played made it even worse, but that was a bad contract even if he was OK as a football player.  That's why we got rid of him.

If we fire him at 5-4, wouldn't he have delivered a winning product?

I was being sarcastic

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

All true but for a second they teased us, had us fooled at 5-2.  Problem is we havent faced on single good (maybe Atlanta which we were incredibly lucky to beat)  team this year until yesterday and witness the results.

I was being sarcastic

I know, so was i...

19 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

The contract has 0 value, and there is no market in the offseason.  People will likely just sign someone else.  If we waited to trade him until next year we also have dead money on the books for 2019... defeating the purpose of getting rid of him.