The Fire Bell In The Night

Tiberius

4 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Who the ***** are you to determine whether or not that package self-identifies as a bomb?!?

thank god for saying it.  back in the 90's i had a very hard time adjusting in school.  as a 120lbs laser guided AMRAM i could not find anyone that wanted to hang out with me.  at recess when we would play kickball i was the only one not allowed to play defense, apparently i was too offensive!  even at home my parents always kept me away from the fireplace when it was cold at night!

19 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

thank god for saying it.  back in the 90's i had a very hard time adjusting in school.  as a 120lbs laser guided AMRAM i could not find anyone that wanted to hang out with me.  at recess when we would play kickball i was the only one not allowed to play defense, apparently i was too offensive!  even at home my parents always kept me away from the fireplace when it was cold at night!

I feel your pain, my friend. Thank you for sharing it.

Just now, Koko78 said:

I feel your pain, my friend. Thank you for sharing it.

i just wanted to be identified as a little black Vietnamese veteran slap chop growing up and despite being a missile i was treated like a bomb

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The Dems are ***** if #blexit really happens. Sitting home would be bad enough, actually voting R instead of D? Yikes.

If the Dems don't get anything less than 90% of that demo, they're done. Not just this year, but as a party. 

Some more smatterings:

I don't follow Bill, but I've heard this statement from a few people I do trust. If it really goes down like this, a lot of people will be in for a rough ride in the next few months as they'll be forced to wake up from their programmed slumber:

Then this one is just for the giggles. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If the Dems don't get anything less than 90% of that demo, they're done. Not just this year, but as a party.

I don't follow Bill, but I've heard this statement from a few people I do trust. If it really goes down like this, a lot of people will be in for a rough ride in the next few months as they'll be forced to wake up from their programmed slumber:

I heard that about the Rs in 2008 (that they were done as a party). I didn't believe it then, I do not believe it about the Ds now.  As with all things, time will tell.

Neither party is good, never mind great. People are just super ticked off now, and I will say that right-leaning people vote to express displeasure, they do not riot.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I heard that about the Rs in 2008. I didn't believe it then, I do not believe it about the Ds now.  As with all things, time will tell.

Neither party is good, never mind great. People are just super ticked off now, and I will say that right-leaning people vote to express displeasure, they do not riot.

I hear you, but I'd float that the GOP of 2008 was destroyed - but wasn't buried officially until no-name left this Earth. 

Trump destroyed what was left of the establishment GOP in the primaries, more Reps than Ds are leaving Congress or not running again (forced out). The party kept its name, and its core platform - but cut the uniparty crossovers and agendas were gutted. 

I put it at less than 50/50 the Ds retake the House now. Even if they do take it, which they might, it'll be a slim majority not a Blue Wave. If it's a slim majority, so many of the people who would have won (who had to run closer to Trump than against him) have disavowed Pelosi that there'd be a real internal leadership fight for the new Speaker. I don't think Pelosi can get it without a Blue Wave, which means  a new leader of the House and the gutting of the old guard over the next cycle. 

That's the kind of change I am seeing coming. During that transition, the far left will take the lead which will only push more people to the middle/ind, making it impossible of the Ds to win in 2020, and likely in 2022. 

That might be enough time to clear out a lot of the worst actors and will fundamentally change the party as we knew it.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If it's a slim majority, so many of the people who would have won (who had to run closer to Trump than against him) have disavowed Pelosi that there'd be a real internal leadership fight for the new Speaker. I don't think Pelosi can get it without a Blue Wave, which means  a new leader of the House and the gutting of the old guard over the next cycle.

Rep. Crazy-eyes for Speaker!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

RealClearPolitics just flipped the Indiana senate seat Red in their predictions.

If the GOP solidifies their Senate majority while losing the House, the carnage will be absolutely glorious.

Losing the House or keeping it? The carnage will be far more fantastic if the Democrats ***** the minority from the jaws of victory in the House.