James Franklin chases down his players

Buffalo Barbarian

I salute the coach. It's easy to be graceful when you win. Being graceful after you lose is much more challenging and is the right way to act. Sportsmanship is difficult to live up to after an emotional defeat. It's still the right thing to do. Franklin acted like a leader. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I salute the coach. It's easy to be graceful when you win. Being graceful after you lose is much more challenging and is the right way to act. Sportsmanship is difficult to live up to after an emotional defeat. It's still the right thing to do. Franklin acted like a leader. 

This

7 hours ago, JohnC said:

Very true and well said. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I liked the move. Show class in victory and defeat.

Agreed.  I have generally found Franklin to be annoying over the past few years, but he handled two very difficult weeks in a row with nothing but the type of class I would expect from a tradition-rich program.

Funny how a coach who has a history of classless acts and comments expects his players to act with respect. This is the dude who iced a kicker up 56-0, and said “Beating Pitt is like beating Akron”. Franklin did the right thing this time, it’s just a tad hypocritical to expect his team to show class when he doesn’t. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.