Let’s just say: San Fran or Indy are on the clock..

McBean

4 hours ago, McBean said:

So I got to thinking and want to ask you guys.

Lets say Indy or San Fran ends up with the #1 overall pick. Very possible. We know they are NOT drafting a QB. So...

I have a few questions for the board.

1. If you’re Beane, do you make a swing to trade up to #1 overall and get your Franchise QB?

2. What do you guys think it would take in terms of picks to swing it if we finish say 8-8?

3. Would you do it? We have the ammo, but do you build around TT with drafting OL, LB, and DL?

This is a tough one for me. I can’t believe I’m saying this but going into the season I was so anti Tyrod. I wrote him off after Carolina loss. But I think he’s improved this season and feel like he’s good enough to get maybe get us a ring. 

1. YES

2. 2018 1st, 2018 2nd, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd, 2019 4th (using more 2019 picks in the package so i can keep my other 1st and 2nd. 

3. YES i would trade up

54 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

25 targets in 7 games (21 which that he caught). Is he supposed to pass to himself?  Are we going to crucify KB when he averages less than 4 targets a game as well as has weak stats?

I really never envisioned Matthews as a number #1 WR to begin with. He would be a top notch NFL #2 WR for our team. If we had to pay him Woods money to stay as our #2 WR next year I would have zero problem with that.

KB(1)-JMatt(2)-ZayDay(3) is a fantastic WR core. I'm pumped to see all 3 play 11/11.

He’s not a top notch #2!! You can’t be 4 on your previous depth chart and be a top notch number 2!!! He was behind Jeffrey, Smith and Agoholor. 

It’s not a fantastic group either. It’s not awful like it was but it isn’t fantastic. The Pats receiving group is fantastic. Zay is coming along but Matthews is garbage.

I think that the question needs to be asked differently. I think that we should paint the real picture. 

Would you trade 3 1sts and a 2nd for the first pick? For me, it’s a maybe (I know that’s a bs answer). If there is a guy that they love I’d be okay with it otherwise this team has too many holes. I wouldn’t do it just to do it.  Also, I’d deal Tyrod in that scenario to recoup some of the draft capital. If I’m trading 3 firsts and a 2nd that guy is playing on opening day.

32 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

49ers may not sign QB Jimmy Garoppolo to long-term deal

that may throw a monkey wrench into this.  

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21296578/san-francisco-49ers-not-sign-qb-jimmy-garoppolo-long-term-deal

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000871712/article/niners-want-jimmy-garoppolo-to-be-franchise-qb-not-17-savior

I think this link is on point. 

On 11/4/2017 at 12:57 PM, McBean said:

So I got to thinking and want to ask you guys.

Lets say Indy or San Fran ends up with the #1 overall pick. Very possible. We know they are NOT drafting a QB. So...

I have a few questions for the board.

1. If you’re Beane, do you make a swing to trade up to #1 overall and get your Franchise QB?

2. What do you guys think it would take in terms of picks to swing it if we finish say 8-8?

3. Would you do it? We have the ammo, but do you build around TT with drafting OL, LB, and DL?

This is a tough one for me. I can’t believe I’m saying this but going into the season I was so anti Tyrod. I wrote him off after Carolina loss. But I think he’s improved this season and feel like he’s good enough to get maybe get us a ring. 

Without knowing who's available, this is an exercise in wasting time.  Put a name and face to the #1 pick or give up this useless speculation.