11-3: McDermott Presser at 1 PM ET

I was very disappointed watching the game last night. I knew this was not going to be an easy game to win on the road.

It helps a little NOT to have any expectations. Seriously. Too many years of letting myself be hurt because the Bills are who they are.

The Bills have exceeded my expectations, since I only expected them to show up for 16 games. Anything more than that is a bonus.

What else can THEY expect from a five decade fan?

That said, I will watch them for the whole season, and will be cheering for them.

@SalSports
McDermott said McCoy's touches weren't related to his workload the previous Sunday, but rather how the game was playing out.

Was he referring to Tolbert getting more touches? If so, that makes no sense. Our #1 RB isn't getting any yards, so let's go with the backup??

It was SO obvious what our players were doing. They were trying to punch the ball out instead of just tackling the ball carrier. All of the turnovers we had in the past never looked THIS forced.

In previous games, our players would be in position to either defend or tackle and then add in a punch WHILE tackling and sometimes the ball would pop out. This game was not the case. They went punch amd punch only. It's almost as if all they saw was the ball and not the body carrying it.

Yeah, that was painfully obvious all night. Takeaways are great, but the first priority is to make the tackle.

Edited by WhoTom

No argument here.

It as embarrassing how easily the lines where manhandled. Kyle was the only one doing anything, but he was getting doubled or ran away from and he can't do it alone.

The kids need to get back in the weight room.

Thursday Night ,on road was our biggest negative. Like McDermott said, there were so many aspects of that game that were uncharacteristic of the 17 Bills. In 7 prior games we never been manhandled,blown out , we were in 7/7 games until the last series(!) , and suddenly on a Thursday night we flop like that?

TNF is not indicative of a teams true ability imo, especially road teams. 3 days prep/healing is a joke! It's not healthy, it's pure greed behind it.

And we have a rookie HC that probably handled the ridiculous 3 days prep badly.

Point is, this team wins during the week, think the lack of prep killed this team, and I don't expect them to ever look this bad again.

Getting Clay/Benjamin/Gaines in there is huge too!

Still very optimistic, truly expect a bounce back

Remember, at 1-1 and 3-2 , this board was Hot Take central, let's relax and see how they respond and get to a respectable 6-3..

I think we all were uncharacteristic last night especially myself. I went on a cursing rampage in the game thread which normally I just keep my cool but I couldn't hold it in.

It was SO obvious what our players were doing. They were trying to punch the ball out instead of just tackling the ball carrier. All of the turnovers we had in the past never looked THIS forced.

In previous games, our players would be in position to either defend or tackle and then add in a punch WHILE tackling and sometimes the ball would pop out. This game was not the case. They went punch amd punch only. It's almost as if all they saw was the ball and not the body carrying it.

We got beat in every single phase of the game. The nerves were there pregame (for me at least). Normally I'm calm. But this game the nerves were on 100 for some reason. Maybe cuz I know how important a win would of been.

Now, the day after, it still hurts, but somewhere DEEP in my soul, I can acknowledge that we're 5-3 which is a great record to have after 8 games, but I think the WAY we lost and the WAY we played leaves me with more questions than answers which is the only reason why 5-3 doesn't look as good as it should.

A harder fought game, a close game til the end, a will to fight and a simple adjustment in playcalling (on offense) would have made the loss bearable.

But unfortunately it didn't play out that way and now we go against a future HOFer next Sunday. Only good thing is, we will be at home. A win next week is the only thing that will answer the questions.

This loss from last night will hurt a while for sure.

I know how you feel. This loss was painful to take. It would have been great to be 6-2, but that's not how it is.

Although, unlike other seasons before this, I've already moved on from it.

This is not the same Bills team as last year. The attitude and professionalism is completely different.

The Bills have come back after every loss with a win this season, and they can win next week as well.

I highly doubt that McDermott and his staff and the players are going to dwell on this loss. They will be ready for the Saints.

There is a lot of season to go, and I believe that the Bills will continue to win. I trust the process. GO BILLS!!!

I know how you feel. This loss was painful to take. It would have been great to be 6-2, but that's not how it is.

Although, unlike other seasons before this, I've already moved on from it.

This is not the same Bills team as last year. The attitude and professionalism is completely different.

The Bills have come back after every loss with a win this season, and they can win next week as well.

I highly doubt that McDermott and his staff and the players are going to dwell on this loss. They will be ready for the Saints.

There is a lot of season to go, and I believe that the Bills will continue to win. I trust the process. GO BILLS!!!

Im with you man... But I'll more than likely have my cup of Process on Wednesday or Thursday... It's gonna take a few days before I can digest process again... Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC

Losing is one thing. Losing the way the Bills did last night is another thing altogether.

Thus far, we have had a relatively easy strength of schedule (after last night, the 10th easiest in the league if I recall correctly). Our next group of games is very important. Will last night be just one loss or will it be the beginning of a slide as has happened in previous years?

We shall see. The next four games are going to tell the story.