Tyrod Played Vary Well Last Night

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

15 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Was it all on Tyrod? No, of course not. Is Tyrod the single most important piece of the offense and mostly accountable for its overall performance? Yes. Right Wrong or indifferent, the QB will get to much credit for the good days and to much blame for the bad. That’s life.  If the Jets feel fit to send blitz after blitz and stack the box, then it’s on the QB to make them pay for it. Change protections, check into a screen, find the hot route, hurt them on the outside down field, let them get false pressure and burn them with a screen to shady once the line gets up the field.

Tyrod is a very talented football player, but there is much more to playing QB in the NFL then throwing and running. You are the leader of this offense. If you see the same look is hurting you over and over, Get together with the OC and make the appropriate adjustments. That’s what the good QBs in this league can do. Even a guy like Mccown would make those checks. Go watch a guy like Rivers play. Watch what he does pre snap. Tyrod is in his 7th season, he’s not a rookie. You watch the truly good QBs in this league and how they orchestrate the entire show on offense....We aren’t even playing the same game here.

I like Tyrod but has he ever audibled out of a play?

16 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

It is so difficult to have debates/conversations with hard-heads on this topic.  I for one, was very upset that Tyrod was retained.  But as the year has gone on, he has proven me wrong and HAS improved.  There is definitely hope, based on what I'm seeing.  Those that are not seeing it are choosing to not see it.

I agree. I think Tyrod can suceed BUT I think it requires the perfect marriage between QB and OC. 

If Dennison can design plays that enhance Tyrods skill sets (and sticks to them), I think both QB and OC will flourish. If Dennison continues to f-up like last Thursday - BOTH will flounder.

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I like Tyrod but has he ever audibled out of a play?

I don't think he has.

Has he ever changed the blocking assignments pre snap either?

If he hasn't, why? I would assume he's capable, he's 7 years in, 3rd year starting. I have a hard time believing 3 OC and 3 HC would NOT allow him to do so.

23 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

It is so difficult to have debates/conversations with hard-heads on this topic.  I for one, was very upset that Tyrod was retained.  But as the year has gone on, he has proven me wrong and HAS improved.  There is definitely hope, based on what I'm seeing.  Those that are not seeing it are choosing to not see it.

I do agree to a certain degree with this....some here are portraying TT as an awful QB...he is not....but let me ask you this...is he good enough to bring us a Championship ?....IMO, he's not...that's why he's simply a bridge QB until we find our true QB.....

13 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Cower just said you saw the blue print on how to stop Tyrod Taylor. I should just send him the link to this thread so he can realize that Tyrod played well. Maybe cower didn’t notice it between the not scoring points or making the jets pay for showing the same look all game.

And Cower in other shows has called Taylor a good QB.  Why do people have to post what some guy on TV says as some definitive proof of something.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

And Cower in other shows has called Taylor a good QB.  Why do people have to post what some guy on TV says as some definitive proof of something.

Because it temporarily (faux) validates their opinion before they go back and call that same guy a know-nothing. People think these announcers, writers or pundits are idiots until they agree with one thing, think they're brilliant, and then go right back to thinking they're idiots. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Because it temporarily (faux) validates their opinion before they go back and call that same guy a know-nothing. People think these announcers, writers or pundits are idiots until they agree with one thing, think they're brilliant, and then go right back to thinking they're idiots. 

Pretty much exactly what happens.