Tyrod Played Vary Well Last Night

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

if, as an OC you don't dial up more passes it's not because you're stupid. It's because you see and coach these guys every day and know the skill level isn't there.

Where has there ever been the slightest evidence Taylor's skill or efficiency as a passer declines with more attempts? If you go back and compare his production with under-25 vs over-35 attempts, do you think they'll be some quantified drop off? Fair warning : People have looked for that difference before and hadn't found a trace.

I'm being repetitive, but who here isn't? Explain what you see when you look at these numbers :

New York - Week 1 : The running backs gain 154 yards at 4.47 yards a carry. Taylor throws for 224 yards, runs for 38 yards.
New York - Week 9 : The running backs gain 28 yards at 1.75 yards a carry. Taylor throws for 285 yards, runs for 35 yards

It's like a Rorschach Test. If you see Taylor as the problem here, you may have an issue - with some fancy psychology name no doubt......

I'd compare this game to the 2015 Bills/Jets games.

First game, Bills nickel and dimed them to death with the run game..........in many respects they did the same this year........that game was closer than people remember.

Next game........the Jets said we aren't going to let you beat us on the ground..........Tyrod will have to beat us in the air.

And in 2015 Tyrod did.

It was a slugfest in the trenches.....but that time Taylor had Sammy Watkins........who absolutely scorched Revis on long and intermediate throws all day long. Difference in the game.

This time........there was nobody in the WR corps to make the Jets pay for their aggression.

Does he have to make the blocks?

Unless the answer is "yes" his share of the blame is minimal. His guys all got their manhoods handed to them by their direct opponent. That is on players, not coaches.

They're his guys, playing his scheme. If they can't execute, they shouldn't be on the field. If one guy is having a bad night, well, that's on the player. If an entire unit is in disarray, that's coaching.

Yeah, Zay was really good last night. He looked like a good NFL WR. Deonte Thompson is underrated too.

Yea DT probably should be added to Tyrod and Hyde as came out reputation intact (with Zay the sole enhanced).... though I do feel like most of DT's plays were a little bit after the Jeta had called off the dogs. Whereas Zay was balling when they were still smashing us every play.

What did you want him to do with no blocking??

Honestly the Rico blaming is ridiculous. That is among the worst offensive line performances I have ever seen. Every time he called a pass there was someone on Tyrod as fast as the snap got there. He was trying to use their aggression against them with delayed runs that didn't work.... he called play action on 1st down three times by my count and the Jets were all over every one.

When your line blocks like that you could have Bill Walsh and Vince Lombardi as co-coordinators and your offense would suck.

I don't think the blame on Rico is ridiculous.

To your point about the line, the Bills got owned up front and wouldn't have won the game with a great gameplan.

But still....

I saw nothing to keep the Jets off balance. Why not more screens? Read options? Quick slant routes?

They basically tried to establish the run up the middle with tryod under centre.

That's mistake number 1. Bills run ALOT more effectively from shotgun with read options as that is basically inarguable. Just look at the stats the previous years.

They ran one read option and they got 18 yards from it. Then back to the running under centre for almost negative yards the whole game.

How can you not blame him for that?

Just because your o line sucks, it does not excuse the fact that the offensive coordinator can call a predictable, vanilla game plan.

Was he the reason they lost? Not the main one because to your point it was lost in the trenches.

But it doesn't change the fact that his play calling was awful

Yeah, Zay was really good last night. He looked like a good NFL WR. Deonte Thompson is underrated too.

They need to get Thompson on the field more and really work on that connection.

He's a journeyman but he's the best fit for Tyrod's strengths on the roster.

Not liking the idea of Matthews and Jones on the field at the same time........two guys with not much YAC ability means defense can creep up toward the LOS.

Yea DT probably should be added to Tyrod and Hyde as came out reputation intact (with Zay the sole enhanced).... though I do feel like most of DT's plays were a little bit after the Jeta had called off the dogs. Whereas Zay was balling when they were still smashing us every play.

I dont disagree. The point was just that Thompson is a pretty good, and underrated, football player.

They need to get Thompson on the field more and really work on that connection.

He's a journeyman but he's the best fit for Tyrod's strengths on the roster.

Not liking the idea of Matthews and Jones on the field at the same time........two guys with not much YAC ability means defense can creep up toward the LOS.

For me, Matthews is the guy that should see the snaps go down with KB here.

They're his guys, playing his scheme. If they can't execute, they shouldn't be on the field. If one guy is having a bad night, well, that's on the player. If an entire unit is in disarray, that's coaching.

Coaching I agree with. We have a mab as oline coach with a consistent recent history of terrible olines. I saw a display exactly like that from the Ravens oline last season. But I don't put it on scheme ans play calling IN GAME.

Doesn't matter what plays you call or what scheme you run... you need your quys to win 1 on 1 sometimes... or at least hold their own. Our guys all got absolutely smashed 1 v 1. Non-contest. That isn't on playcalling. It's on players.

I dont disagree. The point was just that Thompson is a pretty good, and underrated, football player.

He has talent. Bad first down awareness in Raider game. Bad penalty or two. Bad third down pattern once. But that is all surpassed by his playmaking ability on a team with only 1-2.

Between Benjamin, the good Zay, Matthews, DT, a healthy Clay, and OLeary we should be able to pass with any kind of protection.

He has talent. Bad first down awareness in Raider game. Bad penalty or two. Bad third down pattern once. But that is all surpassed by his playmaking ability on a team with only 1-2.

Between Benjamin, the good Zay, Matthews, DT, a healthy Clay, and OLeary we should be able to pass with any kind of protection.

Yep and I credit Beane there. He realized that our pass catching options were bad. He sniped DT from the Pats and then went and got Benjamin. They identified the issue and tried to fix it. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Coaching I agree with. We have a mab as oline coach with a consistent recent history of terrible olines. I saw a display exactly like that from the Ravens oline last season. But I don't put it on scheme ans play calling IN GAME.

Doesn't matter what plays you call or what scheme you run... you need your quys to win 1 on 1 sometimes... or at least hold their own. Our guys all got absolutely smashed 1 v 1. Non-contest. That isn't on playcalling. It's on players.

Don't get me started on Castillo. If he was a Dennison hire, that's another reason to replace him.

Coaching-wise, it was a good decision to keep Jones playing these last few games & keep targeting him. You can see he's gotten over whatever issues he had.

For me, Matthews is the guy that should see the snaps go down with KB here.

After last night.......gotta' agree.

Matthews had a rough night and Zay looked at least "more like" the guy they drafted.

But one way or another you can't have both an X and a Z that can't threaten a defense deep.

Even in two WR sets I think Thompson has to be out there a lot to at least get one of the safeties back.........and that's still probably a bit of wishful thinking on my part that teams will have fear of Thompson......but he's the best they've got for the task.

The good news is that not every opponent has the personnel investment on the DL that the Jets have so Tyrod should be able to get back to that "3+ seconds to throw" situation on most games.

And maybe Benjamin can become Tyrod's personal Plaxico.......

But I am afraid our boy McD has worked the personnel such that now we don't match up as well against the Jets and Miami as we did in recent seasons and those are teams we can't be losing to.

Call me crazy but this was Tyrods best game of the season. We should have been passing the ball all night.

I don't know if I think it was his best game (I think the Bucs game was), but man, it's like the wheels fell off for the entire team except Taylor.

Penalties galore.

A rookie WR who was previously struggling finally hits his stride then gets injured.

WRs dropping catchable balls.

WRs fumbling and turning the ball over right after making what appear to be critical 3rd downs.

An OL that gives up 7 sacks to a team that only got 11 in the previous 8 games.

A running game that had 6 carries for negative or no yardage.

A center who screws up a snap.

...and that's just on offense. Talk about missed tackles by the defense!!!

Taylor was 90% of Buffalo's offense yesterday. We averaged 8.6 yards to go on 3rd down.

No way was Taylor perfect. Probably 2 or 3 of those 7 sacks were on him.

But good God... I can't believe how much he's getting killed by some after being potentially the lone bright spot last night :doh: