Major concerns loom large going forward

And by loom large, i mean LOOM LARGE:

- Bills are 3 and 7 in their last 10 division games. Obviously this needs to change in a hurry if this team ever wants to seriously contend for a division title, let alone a wildcard spot.

- Bills are 1-3 on the road this year including losses to two teams with a sub .500 record right now in the Jets and Bengals. If you can't beat teams like this on the road it's not a promising sign with games left @KC @ NE @ MIA & @LAC

- Not have a legit back up running back is one of the reasons i think this team might fade down the stretch. I've said all along I have no problem with Tolbert playing the role of grizzled veteran but we are wasting valuable carries on this guy including some at very questionable times in games where McCoy should be getting them.

- 2nd half schedule is very brutal and the Bills needed this one. Going to be interested to see how we respond against a Saints game that is likely going to be riding a 6 game winning streak when we play them next week. But unless major improvements are made 10 days to prepare won't matter.

- Defense, I've said all along that 1) we aren't going to get 3 turnovers every week and 2) smoke and mirrors, bend but don't break, etc will eventually catch up to this team. Both happened tonight and proved that this defense is not very good, especially when it comes to generating a pass rush.

In the end a game like this was coming, just like what happened with the Dolphins last week all teams have a bad loss at some point even if they are considered a contender. The question for the Bills though is what does this do psychologically because in 2011 after our last 5-2 start we also were dominated by the Jets and went on to lose 7 straight games. Not saying that is going to happen this time but the upcoming schedule is certainly not in our favor.

We will finish 7-9 IMO.

This OL needs so much help and the defense is a fluke.

Might happen sadly and once again I fell hook line and sinker for this teams facade.

Assuming we were going to win tonight I picked us to finish 10-6 with wins against the Jets, Saints, @KC, IND and @MIA. But after tonight we are definitely not winning another division game this year and I don't see another road win available for this team either.

So leading up to the games, everyone kept saying how the bengals game would be tough cause they are a good team, and peopme here have talked about the jets not being easy cause they have a really good d-line, then when the bills lose to them the talk goes to how the bills are so bad cause they couldn't beat such bad teams.

This was a bad game for them, parts of the team played horrible (online, defence) everyone fumbled, it was an all around bad game for a team that never looks good on prime time games. The real judge of this team will come next week when we will see if this team uses the loss as a learning experience and plays better or if they come out looking defeated and this game broke them.

Might happen sadly and once again I fell hook line and sinker for this teams facade.

Assuming we were going to win tonight I picked us to finish 10-6 with wins against the Jets, Saints, @KC, IND and @MIA. But after tonight we are definitely not winning another division game this year and I don't see another road win available for this team either.

yeah, no way they can beat the Dolphins, they only lost by 40 just last Thursday with their juggernaut offence, and unlike the bills, added a serious offensive weapon this week instead of giving up a talented offensive weapon....

And by loom large, i mean LOOM LARGE:

- Bills are 3 and 7 in their last 10 division games. Obviously this needs to change in a hurry if this team ever wants to seriously contend for a division title, let alone a wildcard spot.

- Bills are 1-3 on the road this year including losses to two teams with a sub .500 record right now in the Jets and Bengals. If you can't beat teams like this on the road it's not a promising sign with games left @KC @ NE @ MIA & @LAC

- Not have a legit back up running back is one of the reasons i think this team might fade down the stretch. I've said all along I have no problem with Tolbert playing the role of grizzled veteran but we are wasting valuable carries on this guy including some at very questionable times in games where McCoy should be getting them.

- 2nd half schedule is very brutal and the Bills needed this one. Going to be interested to see how we respond against a Saints game that is likely going to be riding a 6 game winning streak when we play them next week. But unless major improvements are made 10 days to prepare won't matter.

- Defense, I've said all along that 1) we aren't going to get 3 turnovers every week and 2) smoke and mirrors, bend but don't break, etc will eventually catch up to this team. Both happened tonight and proved that this defense is not very good, especially when it comes to generating a pass rush.

In the end a game like this was coming, just like what happened with the Dolphins last week all teams have a bad loss at some point even if they are considered a contender. The question for the Bills though is what does this do psychologically because in 2011 after our last 5-2 start we also were dominated by the Jets and went on to lose 7 straight games. Not saying that is going to happen this time but the upcoming schedule is certainly not in our favor.

The next draft looms large. A lot of holes to fill.

So leading up to the games, everyone kept saying how the bengals game would be tough cause they are a good team, and peopme here have talked about the jets not being easy cause they have a really good d-line, then when the bills lose to them the talk goes to how the bills are so bad cause they couldn't beat such bad teams.

This was a bad game for them, parts of the team played horrible (online, defence) everyone fumbled, it was an all around bad game for a team that never looks good on prime time games. The real judge of this team will come next week when we will see if this team uses the loss as a learning experience and plays better or if they come out looking defeated and this game broke them.

No matter what anybody thinks the season is on the line next week against the Saints. Because another loss and this team comes unhinged at 5-4 heading into 2 straight road games and then the Pats at home right after.

And even if we upset the Saints and get to 6-3 we could still very well lose the next 3 in a row.

This is why this game was absolutely critical to get to 6-2 and have a real cushion heading into the next month but sadly this team showed their true colors and played absolutely SMALL when they needed LARGE on the national stage.

It's not encouraging to see 340 lb Cordy Glenn, put on skates by a 240 lb linebacker.

The entire team played soft and that was only one ugly example.

Need a couple of fulll pads practices, but the CBA probably won't allow it.

yeah, no way they can beat the Dolphins, they only lost by 40 just last Thursday with their juggernaut offence, and unlike the bills, added a serious offensive weapon this week instead of giving up a talented offensive weapon....

We didn't get blown out 40-0 but it was essentially the same type of loss.

So I hope all the fans on here that have been telling me they suck and their season is over realize the same might be true about the Bills now as well.

Regardless I said all along playoff teams have these type of games and Dolphins were one last year. Not saying we are one but if we can't beat the Jets how on earth are we beating the Dolphins or Pats?

We didn't get blown out 40-0 but it was essentially the same type of loss.

So I hope all the fans on here that have been telling me they suck and their season is over realize the same might be true about the Bills now as well.

Regardless I said all along playoff teams have these type of games and Dolphins were one last year. Not saying we are one but if we can't beat the Jets how on earth are we beating the Dolphins or Pats?

again, the Dolphins failed to score a point and gave up 40 last Thursday, then gave away one of their offensive weapons while adding nothing else to fix their anemic offence, but the Bills are going to lose against them because they had a bad game against the Jets?

While it may sound easy to do to fans, maybe these things just can't be done on these short Thursday night games?? The entire game planning is dummied down, etc. Not trying to make excuses, but it is what it is with Thursdays. And it just effects the road team much more.

My concern is the zero half time adjustments............in fact, the 2nd half was even worse than the first, so what exactly did McD and his staff do at halftime?

I said it in another thread: we need to use these picks we have in 2018 to build an amazing OL and DL. We need to be able to dominate the LOS.

Ducasse is garbage.

Mills is garbage.

Incognito is great but hes turning 35.

Wood is average and not getting any younger.

We have at least 2 glaring holes in the OL.

We probably need a DT. Forget Dareus.

In sum we need at least 3 players to upgrade the LOS battle on both sides of the ball. Its not overwhelming, but it needs to be done.

My concern is the zero half time adjustments............in fact, the 2nd half was even worse than the first, so what exactly did McD and his staff do at halftime?

Tell me what adjustments have been in 2nd half in any game this year, specifics please