Raiders second possession - showed Championship makeup

JerseyBills

Raiders come out, go on an 13 play drive, converting a 3rd n long and 4th n short. Go up 7-0.

Bills respond with 11 plays of their own , get a very bad opi call and end up punting.

So up 7 , heavy momentum, Oak has their 2nd drive and convert a 40 yard pass to Buffalo's 44. I'm 29, very optimistic, but even I'm thinking "great,the rout is on."

Boy was I wrong. Buffalo tightened up on D, forced a hold , got them to 3rd and 10 and force a punt!

Bills go 3 and out , but we also force Oak 3 and out.

Then we go on a 9 play TD drive, tie it up and just play dominant football on both ends..

Showed me this team is nothing like the lovable losers we've become accustomed to in recent years.

That 2nd Oak possession ,after a 40 yard pass got them in Buffalo territory, showed me they have potential championship qualities. After that play it was truly a dominant performance by Buffalo.

This Raiders team had extra rest, we're in a must win game and came off a huge win @KC.. couldn't be prouder of this team and that was one helluva performance after starting a bit rocky on O and D.. Things could have gotten ugly on that 2nd possession but this team refused to let that happen!

Edited by JerseyBills

Agree. This team is different. Last year we had big leads at half time over the Chiefs, Raiders and Seahawks (On National TV) and yet we fumbled and bumbled through the 2nd half to lose those games. This year we have been in every game to the last minute. The mistake we made in Cincinnati is that we did not take advantage of the turnovers, something that needed to be corrected.

OK, great way to get it together. Championship? A little hyperbole there? I love a glass half full, but maybe this one was half emptied of its tequila? :)

Lol.

Well I've been told that all year, as I had us as a10+ win team since TC.. I was told this when I predicted we beat ATL and Denver..

This team has an "it" factor I can't quite put my finger on. I think they have championship makeup..

I know it's a premature statement but with the lack of great teams, if we get in the dance,which I expect, I feel we have a great chance at a run.

Then again, it's 1 game and we can take a loss in any but I just believe in this teams makeup, I think they have several championship qualities

Agree. This team is different. Last year we had big leads at half time over the Chiefs, Raiders and Seahawks (On National TV) and yet we fumbled and bumbled through the 2nd half to lose those games. This year we have been in every game to the last minute. The mistake we made in Cincinnati is that we did not take advantage of the turnovers, something that needed to be corrected.

Yup! nothing flukey either about any win. We are beating these teams up. Punching em in the mouth and physically imposing our will.

With the run game looking like it has worked out the kinks post bye, we are going to be super tough to beat no matter the opponent

OK, great way to get it together. “Championship”? A little hyperbole there? I love a glass half full, but maybe this one was half emptied of it’s tequila? :)

Lol! Ya championship is a little premature.

Good step for sure, but lets not get too ahead of ourselves

Lol! Ya championship is a little premature.

Good step for sure, but lets not get too ahead of ourselves

It sure is, I guess my point was they are showing qualities that I believe many championship teams possess. I was just so impresed they were in such a tough position against a team that lit up KC. Scores their first possession, 40 yard pass,and then instead of letting things get out of hand,they absolutely shut Oakland down completely , leaving them scoreless for their next 7 possessions!!

It sure is, I guess my point was they are showing qualities that I believe many championship teams possess. I was just so impresed they were in such a tough position against a team that lit up KC. Scores their first possession, 40 yard pass,and then instead of letting things get out of hand,they absolutely shut Oakland down completely , leaving them scoreless for their next 7 possessions!!

I agree with you for sure

Did you see the number of spectacuar plays the Bills made? Both Holmes cathces were spectacualr. The hit/fumble/TD was amazing. These are the plays that win NFL games. If Zay makes that catch they are 6-1. Jauaron and McD are right. It is very hard to win in the NFL. Nearly every game and nearly every team requires spectacular plays and maybe even a bit of luck. A QB with the talent of Brady, Manning, Montana, can overcome this but those are the best of the best.

To win consistently the Bills will need to continue to make a few spectacular plays each week.

This week, Shady will get deep on a wheel route and score from 50+ out. TT will have a run over 20 yards. And the Bills will get a strip sack. Even with that it will be close, and Bills win by 9.

We've looked like we have figured that out in the last two games on how to capitalize on turnovers. At least better at doing it anyways.

Did you see the number of spectacuar plays the Bills made? Both Holmes cathces were spectacualr. The hit/fumble/TD was amazing. These are the plays that win NFL games. If Zay makes that catch they are 6-1. Jauaron and McD are right. It is very hard to win in the NFL. Nearly every game and nearly every team requires spectacular plays and maybe even a bit of luck. A QB with the talent of Brady, Manning, Montana, can overcome this but those are the best of the best.

To win consistently the Bills will need to continue to make a few spectacular plays each week.

This week, Shady will get deep on a wheel route and score from 50+ out. TT will have a run over 20 yards. And the Bills will get a strip sack. Even with that it will be close, and Bills win by 9.

Tate with a big conversion on 2nd and 20, finally getting this offense some YAC..

I could see all those scenarios playing out! Shady is going to have another monster game, he's a 1st down machine, love that he's such a huge part in pass game, maybe the best receiving RB. One play he only got 6-7 yards, but he plucked the ball with 1 hand and made it look easy, making it 3rd n short versus 3rd n long, it's the little things like that , that make a huge difference in a game

I sure did..

I'm on mobile so auto correct and me not re reading post often leads to grammar errors. I'll fix that though

Lol, I'm just messing with you...I know what you mean...my phone autocorrects real words and leaves mistyped ones alone...worst autocorrect I've ever seen

Somebody new needs to make a big play. Groy is lined up as a eligible receiver/blocker and he catches a pass and runs it in for a 20+ out of red zone TD and we have a big guy dance!