Grab TY Hilton

The juice

The Bills should do this. It's funny to see fans on here talking about contracts , as if they are shopping for the cheapest pack of hot dogs and have cents-off coupons. NFL players get paid, period. If you acquire a guy at the tail end of his rookie deal, guess what? You are going to have to resign the player. It won't be inexpensive. Dareus was traded largely because the team didn't want that player as their highest paid guy. It sends a bad message when a slacker with judgement problems etc is the big money guy. The Bills need a legit deep threat. Hilton would fit and they have draft capital. It's a good deal for a proven player that can help for a potential playoff run and beyond. The money isn't out of line in NFL reality.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills should do this. It's funny to see fans on here talking about contracts , as if they are shopping for the cheapest pack of hot dogs and have cents-off coupons. NFL players get paid, period. If you acquire a guy at the tail end of his rookie deal, guess what? You are going to have to resign the player. It won't be inexpensive. Dareus was traded largely because the team didn't want that player as their highest paid guy. It sends a bad message when a slacker with judgement problems etc is the big money guy. The Bills need a legit deep threat. Hilton would fit and they have draft capital. It's a good deal for a proven player that can help for a potential playoff run and beyond. The money isn't out of line in NFL reality.

Buffalo doesn't throw the ball enough to warrant grabbing a wide receiver paid over 10 mill a year. Plus, he has no chemistry with our QB. It just doesn't fit what we are trying to do here. There's a reason we are paying a RB 10 mill plus, we are a run first team. Don't waste that cap on a wide receiver, use it somewhere that will benefit the team more.

Hearing the Colts are asking for as much as a 2nd round pick for Hilton.

That's too much IMO and don't see Beane doing it assuming there is any interest in the first place

I'll repeat myself. TY Hilton has averaged 1200 yards and 6 TDs through the past 4 seasons.

He is on a contract in line with that performance and is in the prime of his career.

Why do you think you'd get him for some mid round pick, or even a 2nd?

I think this place VASTLY overrates the value of draft picks for proven players.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

I'll repeat myself. TY Hilton has averaged 1200 yards and 6 TDs through the past 4 seasons.

He is on a contract in line with that performance and is in the prime of his career.

I think this place VASTLY overrates the value of draft picks for proven players.

I hear you but he's almost 28 years old and NFL GM's value top draft picks vs veterans approaching 30 especially at positions like WR.

I just don't see Beane or any team out there willing to give up what the Colts probably want for him.

Buffalo doesn't throw the ball enough to warrant grabbing a wide receiver paid over 10 mill a year. Plus, he has no chemistry with our QB. It just doesn't fit what we are trying to do here. There's a reason we are paying a RB 10 mill plus, we are a run first team. Don't waste that cap on a wide receiver, use it somewhere that will benefit the team more.

They don't throw the ball more because they don't have that kind of receiver. TT can throw a nice deep ball. It's exactly what they need and where $$ should be spent. Not on rotational DTs.

I hear you but he's almost 28 years old and NFL GM's value top draft picks vs veterans approaching 30 especially at positions like WR.

I just don't see Beane or any team out there willing to give up what the Colts probably want for him.

There are just not enough skill position position buyers on the market. Always will be that way.

That doesn't mean you'll be able to slide in with some garbage draft pick and steal him away.

People will give up plenty of currency for a QB, LT or DE/OLB, but high price WR & RB deals are rare.

He's in his prime at 28, barring unforeseen injuries, he has many years of elite production left.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Trade deadline is today (obviously). What do you think will happen with Boldin since no one seems interested? Think he might want to play for the Bills? Or will he stay retired. I am not saying I want him to play, just wondering what others think since we need a receiver.

Trade deadline is today (obviously). What do you think will happen with Boldin since no one seems interested? Think he might want to play for the Bills? Or will he stay retired. I am not saying I want him to play, just wondering what others think since we need a receiver.

I don't think we would welcome back a quitter

This is so true. People want to trade Cordy Glenn for a 2nd round pick. He is an established LT, probably top 10 in the league, the probability of hitting on a top 10 LT in the 2nd round is probably pretty small (<30%?). I know there are cap considerations, but to build a team you can't do it with all cheap guys.

Similarly, a top 15 WR which I would consider TY Hilton - that's a first rounder for sure, probably a top 20 pick. He's making about the same money as Robert Woods. Who would you rather have? Consensus is that the Bills need to pick a WR in the first 2 rounds, if you could get a guy like Hilton for a 2nd or 3rd round pick, you take the guesswork/risk out of drafting.

Hilton is only 27 years old, he's coming into the prime years of his career.

Even if you trade a 2 or 3 you still have 5 picks in the top 95 and you've filled a need. And keep Glenn so you don't create another need. Move Dawkins to right side seems like everyone thinks RG and RT need upgrade plug in your 2017 draft pick.

Edited by jwhit34

This is so true. People want to trade Cordy Glenn for a 2nd round pick. He is an established LT, probably top 10 in the league, the probability of hitting on a top 10 LT in the 2nd round is probably pretty small (<30%?). I know there are cap considerations, but to build a team you can't do it with all cheap guys.

Similarly, a top 15 WR which I would consider TY Hilton - that's a first rounder for sure, probably a top 20 pick. He's making about the same money as Robert Woods. Who would you rather have? Consensus is that the Bills need to pick a WR in the first 2 rounds, if you could get a guy like Hilton for a 2nd or 3rd round pick, you take the guesswork/risk out of drafting.

Hilton is only 27 years old, he's coming into the prime years of his career.

Even if you trade a 2 or 3 you still have 5 picks in the top 95 and you've filled a need. And keep Glenn so you don't create another need. Move Dawkins to right side seems like everyone thinks RG and RT need upgrade plug in your 2017 draft pick.

If you move a player like Glen, or if the Colts move TY, it only makes sense if you re-invest into a different position you find more valuable.

Moving a proven WR, and then using that draft pick on an unproven one, is really silly.

There are just not enough skill position position buyers on the market. Always will be that way.

That doesn't mean you'll be able to slide in with some garbage draft pick and steal him away.

People will give up plenty of currency for a QB, LT or DE/OLB, but high price WR & RB deals are rare.

He's in his prime at 28, barring unforeseen injuries, he has many years of elite production.

I doubt there is a team that would give the Colts anything more than a 4th rounder for that player with that contract, especially the Buffalo Bills. No way this team is going to invest 40 million dollars into 800 yards and 6 TDs. It is not the way this team is built. Besides that, McD is not going to inherit a player who has been coached by the likes of Chuck Pagano mid season without knowing the person and having a chance to talk to him about culture and his team outlook. If you havent learned that McD and Beane are not only interested in numbers than I don't know what to say. This team is going with Jones, Matthews, Holmes, DT, Clay, and Oleary.