Florida fires Jim McElwain

YoloinOhio

Thank god he's gone. What a !@#$ing joke that guy is. Offensive guru my ass. Still trying to figure out why Zaire is sitting on the sideline while Franks continues to suck. Maybe that will change now and I can watch my team on Saturday for longer than a quarter and a half.

Thank god he's gone. What a !@#$ing joke that guy is. Offensive guru my ass. Still trying to figure out why Zaire is sitting on the sideline while Franks continues to suck. Maybe that will change now and I can watch my team on Saturday for longer than a quarter and a half.

who do you want to replace him? Hearing Dan Mullen and Charlie Strong as options

who do you want to replace him? Hearing Dan Mullen and Charlie Strong as options

Should've kept Strong to begin with. Dumbest thing I've ever seen. We would've kept all the recruiting power that Urban had built up (as evidenced by the amount of players from Florida that he brought to Louisville). Would he really come back to UF after that slight? Maybe, maybe not. He's done really well at my other college team (USF) so I'd really be happy with either. They need to find a guy who can leverage the program and bring in top tier players again.

Should've kept Strong to begin with. Dumbest thing I've ever seen. We would've kept all the recruiting power that Urban had built up (as evidenced by the amount of players from Florida that he brought to Louisville). Would he really come back to UF after that slight? Maybe, maybe not. He's done really well at my other college team (USF) so I'd really be happy with either. They need to find a guy who can leverage the program and bring in top tier players again.

Yep, I want Strong. They keep dancing around each other's availability though. Not sure Strong would leave USF though; why would he? Gators have proven to be a mess of an organization. USF has a lot of resources and Strong can probably stick around there as long as he wants.

I assume FL will pick whatever up and comer Offensive "guru" is the shiniest at the moment.

Any interest in Chip Kelly, Gator fans?

Not really, but that has more to do with me just not liking his personality. He'd probably do fine as a coach, so I wouldn't be upset with the hire, but I'm not rooting for him.

I just heard someone on ESPN say they should look at Kiffin. :sick: I don't care if he led them to NC, I wouldn't watch a game with him on the sideline!

Most common name I'm hearing is Frost from UCF. Don't know anything about him other than the W/L record, but he fits the optics of a Gator hire.

Not really, but that has more to do with me just not liking his personality. He'd probably do fine as a coach, so I wouldn't be upset with the hire, but I'm not rooting for him.

I just heard someone on ESPN say they should look at Kiffin. :sick: I don't care if he led them to NC, I wouldn't watch a game with him on the sideline!

Most common name I'm hearing is Frost from UCF. Don't know anything about him other than the W/L record, but he fits the optics of a Gator hire.

there is going to be a race to Frost between UF, Tennesee and Nebraska (he played there). I am sure the latter two are pissed that UF has a head start.

Kiffin is a punchline. Just say no.

there is going to be a race to Frost between UF, Tennesee and Nebraska (he played there). I am sure the latter two are pissed that UF has a head start.

Kiffin is a punchline. Just say no.

I looked a little more into Frost and while he sounds like a good coach, I really hope the Gators don't hire him. He's just too inexperienced with what is needed to run a bigger program and the Gators can't afford another strike out here. He may do great, but he's an unknown.

The more I think of it, the more I can get on board with Chip Kelly. He's an ass, but he's got experience in all the right areas. He turned a mediocre program into a winner; he knows how to get results from his players; he recruits very well; and he can certainly clean up the offensive mess in Gainesville. Also, his complete failure in the NFL likely means he'll stick around for a while.

Not to mention his name alone can probably save what was a really good recruiting class Dummy had going from turning into a complete mess.

I'd still prefer Strong, but I'd be surprised if he left USF after his experience leaving Louisville for Texas.

I looked a little more into Frost and while he sounds like a good coach, I really hope the Gators don't hire him. He's just too inexperienced with what is needed to run a bigger program and the Gators can't afford another strike out here. He may do great, but he's an unknown.

The more I think of it, the more I can get on board with Chip Kelly. He's an ass, but he's got experience in all the right areas. He turned a mediocre program into a winner; he knows how to get results from his players; he recruits very well; and he can certainly clean up the offensive mess in Gainesville. Also, his complete failure in the NFL likely means he'll stick around for a while.

Not to mention his name alone can probably save what was a really good recruiting class Dummy had going from turning into a complete mess.

I'd still prefer Strong, but I'd be surprised if he left USF after his experience leaving Louisville for Texas.

Chip would be fine IF he has a good defensive coordinator. Defense can not be treated like it was at Oregon.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.