November Movies: Thor, Justice League, Coco, & Murder

Mark Vader

I see.

You should check the others out. "Sleepy Hollow" is very entertaining, and I think "Ed Wood" is the best performance Depp has ever given.

It's fitting that the movies being mentioned here outside of the Pirates ones were from the 90s. There will be a movie that sneaks in here and there, but I feel like Depp has become a caricature over the last 15 or so years.

It's fitting that the movies being mentioned here outside of the Pirates ones were from the 90s. There will be a movie that sneaks in here and there, but I feel like Depp has become a caricature over the last 15 or so years.

I agree with you, and it's too bad that he has become that way because he is a good actor.

Although even before Pirates, I had seem him in some movies where he wasn't good at all.

Saw Thor Saturday with family.  To me it is Thor crossed with GotG humor and if you like that kind of thing you will love it. It was very improv according to interviews and I believe it. 

Most of the issues I have may be considered spoilers so I will leave it with this:

The Thor Trilogy guest staring Loki is over;' it is time for the Loki Trilogy guest starring Thor.

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Saw Thor Saturday with family.  To me it is Thor crossed with GotG humor and if you like that kind of thing you will love it. It was very improv according to interviews and I believe it. 

Most of the issues I have may be considered spoilers so I will leave it with this:

The Thor Trilogy guest staring Loki is over;' it is time for the Loki Trilogy guest starring Thor.

I wonder if they may move in this direction going forward. The next phase of the marvel universe is going to be much different and a lot of the main avenger characters won't be continuing forward. Iron man and captain America won't be the front runners anymore, hulk is getting his lead in this movie and the following avengers movies. I'm thinking Thor will be phased out also, and most of those characters will probably only be brought back on small parts of other movies lead by different characters. 

Thor was great.

Went to the theatre on a first date with a girl after a few drinks. The plan was get tickets, wall to bar next door. Drink. Go watch movie. It was sold out. We drank for 4 hours until 10 pm showing. I had 8 Jack and cokes and didn't even get buzzed. So disappointed. 

But what a fun movie. In IMAX 3D no less. 

Jeff goldbloom  in it was odd and funny. Didn't expect that.

Would love to see Loki have his own movie. 

The black panther movie looks awful. Just awful.

Saw Thor Ragnarok today. I don't know why, but Hubby and I just didn't find it that great. It was plain to see it was scads better than the first Thor (which was a bad movie, but mmmm Chris Hemsworth), but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as The Dark World. We both walked out and we were like "meh". Maybe we are just Marveled out?

Highlights:
Jeff Goldblum was fabulous. Not hot like he was 20 years ago (mmmm), but creepy-funny-strange-crazy.
Tom Hiddleston - goes without saying. He steals every scene he is in. Again.

32 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Saw Thor Ragnarok today. I don't know why, but Hubby and I just didn't find it that great. It was plain to see it was scads better than the first Thor (which was a bad movie, but mmmm Chris Hemsworth), but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as The Dark World. We both walked out and we were like "meh". Maybe we are just Marveled out?

Highlights:
Jeff Goldblum was fabulous. Not hot like he was 20 years ago (mmmm), but creepy-funny-strange-crazy.

You are the creepy one obsessing over these dudes. My gosh. Come on. Haha

I did like the inclusion of the migrant song. Made it fun. 

I saw it yesterday.   I think just like Guardians 2, they went way overboard with the comedy.  It worked in that one, even if it was a bit overboard (Guardians 1 had the perfect balance).  It didn't work in this one.  The tone was way too different than any movie other movie that included those three main characters up to this point.  It felt so forced to me.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

I saw it yesterday.   I think just like Guardians 2, they went way overboard with the comedy.  It worked in that one, even if it was a bit overboard (Guardians 1 had the perfect balance).  It didn't work in this one.  The tone was way too different than any movie other movie that included those three main characters up to this point.  It felt so forced to me.

I did read that they wanted to take this movie in a different direction then the first 2. 

On 11/8/2017 at 5:48 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

Highlights:

11 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

I did read that they wanted to take this movie in a different direction then the first 2. 

I can see why they wanted to take this series in a different direction.

Also, it's not like any of the other Thor movies are devoid of humor. Remember all of the fish-out-of-water comedy in the first Thor movie? Kat Dennings was very funny too. I missed her more than Natalie Portman.

No doubt that they were going for more laughs in this movie, but it still paid off. Like Guardians 2 they may have gone a bit overboard with it, but the movie is still enjoyable.

I don't think we will be getting so much humor when Infinity War comes around.

Edited by Mark Vader

7 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I can see why they wanted to take this series in a different direction.

Also, it's not like the any of the other Thor movies are devoid of humor. Remember all of the fish-out-of-water comedy in the first Thor movie? Kat Dennings was very funny too. I missed her more than Natalie Portman.

No doubt that they were going for more laughs in this movie, but it still paid off. Like Guardians 2 they may have gone a bit overboard with it, but the movie is still enjoyable.

I don't think we will be getting so much humor when Infinity War comes around.

I wouldn't be surprised to here that they made the choice to go a more comedic route with this movie because they intend to go more serious with Infinity War and others like Black Panther

I have read that Ragnorak and the next 2 Avengers (infinity War and whatever the other one will be called) were going to focus alot on the Hulk and be as close to Hulk movies as they can be since they aren't allowed to do a Hulk stand alone movie anymore