2017 World Series Thread

Gugny

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Springer with one of the worst decisions I've ever seen an outfielder make. He had no chance to make that play.

He made a highlight reel catch when his LF was already settled under the ball a few games back (might have been against the Yanks).

Over aggressive on the ball tonight, either over aggressive or crowd noise on the earlier one.

He made a highlight reel catch when his LF was already settled under the ball a few games back (might have been against the Yanks).

Over aggressive on the ball tonight, either over aggressive or crowd noise on the earlier one.

It was vs NYY.

Close but no cigar!

Yes. Fast ball pitcher vs fastball hitting team and the ball really travels here.

Guess he gets to do it next inning.

Something must be up with the ball. There hasn't been this many home runs since players were juicing.

Edited by Greybeard

Yes. Fast ball pitcher vs fastball hitting team and the ball really travels here.

Something must be up with the ball. There hasn't been this many home runs since players were juicing.

Of course, he'll probably have a four run lead to work with....

LOL...of course the Dodgers answer! Love the fan throwing the HR back while his friend is trying to stop him.

Yeah, that guy and the blonde with him were way too excited for a Dodgers home run while wearing Astros gear. That guy who took it and threw it did the right thing!

But, a lot of people on twitter were saying what a jerk he was for doing it. They don't get it.

Nice call:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/10/29/world-series-baseballs-leather-justin-verlander-yu-darvish-ken-giles-kenley-jansen

Yeah, that guy and the blonde with him were way too excited for a Dodgers home run while wearing Astros gear. That guy who took it and threw it did the right thing!

But, a lot of people on twitter were saying what a jerk he was for doing it. They don't get it.

probably thought they hit the jackpot by catching a HR baseball in a WS game

During one of the pregame post-season shows, Pero Martinez said when he threw his curve he would jam one finger up against the seam at its narrowest point on ball. His next finger was right next to it and then there was a space between the second finger and the other seam. When he takes one of the current balls, he said look, there is no space, so he said the seams were closer together. I think he was also implying the ball was wound tighter.

I would have thought any Pro pitcher could instantly grab a ball and tell if it was bigger or small, heavier or lighter. It makes a big difference in your ability to be consistent and make the ball move. Even a bigger deal on the pitchers confidence level.

What wasn't mentioned in the article is a rougher ball will offer more resistance to the air, so in affect, it should move more than a slick ball. Take that and an umpire who seemed to miss more calls than I would believe, and the pitchers are in for a long game.

A bit off topic, but after watching more baseball this year than I have ever watched before, I think if it time to let the video systems make the ball and strike calls. It's a big difference when as a pitcher the third pitch brings you to 2 and 1 instead of 1 and 2. I admit the calls go both ways but it makes a big difference when they happen. It is not fair to either pitcher or batter if the calls are not correct. Put a buzzer in the umps hand and if it is a strike, buzz him. He can still make the call.