Corner Back help needed

I am curious to see what they do with the Corner Back position. Gaines is fighting out there and so is Wright but neither is healthy. Mabin isn't the answer if we have to replace Gaines long term. I think we should bring in a starter like Nolan Carroll or I even wonder about Sam Shields. I get they are unemployed for some reason but we can't be depending on two healthy CBs the rest of the season with one of them being a rookie.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curious to see what they do with the Corner Back position. Gaines is fighting out there and so is Wright but neither is healthy. Mabin isn't the answer if we have to replace Gaines long term. I think we should bring in a starter like Nolan Carroll or I even wonder about Sam Shields. I get they are unemployed for some reason but we can't be depending on two healthy CBs the rest of the season with one of them being a rookie.

Hopefully Gaines recovers from the hamstring injury, but he gets hurt in every game it seems. Mabin is a 49er: http://www.nfl.com/player/gregmabin/2558971/profile

That Rookie saved our bacon big time yesterday. I'd gladly take two more just like him.

Hopefully Gaines recovers from the hamstring injury, but he gets hurt in every game it seems. Mabin is a 49er: http://www.nfl.com/player/gregmabin/2558971/profile

He is only practice squad and can be claimed

That Rookie saved our bacon big time yesterday. I'd gladly take two more just like him.

Agreed but I am worried about the rookie wall

Don't expect the cavalry to come in until next year. Depth wise it will be a patchwork group until we address it in next years draft and FA.

This.

The team is way overachieving but holes like DB, WR, RB, QB, G will take a year or two to plug.

The debacle of the Whaley years cant be overstated. This team is a patchwork group. What Beane and McDermott are managing to do with this group is amazeballs

This.

The team is way overachieving but holes like DB, WR, RB, QB, G will take a year or two to plug.

The debacle of the Whaley years cant be overstated. This team is a patchwork group. What Beane and McDermott are managing to do with this group is amazeballs

The team is ahead of schedule from where I expected them to be. The goals that I had for them were modest which was mainly to clean up their penalty issues, play good disciplined football and improve as the year went on. There are plenty of talent deficiencies on the team but what they have is discipline, character and fight within them. Next year with all those high draft picks and cap room I expect the team from a talent perspective will be considerably better than this year. I think they will pick up some key DB's, WR or two, RB and Guards. Possibly QB as well.

Don't expect the cavalry to come in until next year. Depth wise it will be a patchwork group until we address it in next years draft and FA.

More than likely they will have to address cornerback depth with something other than Mabin or Seamster. Modest upgrade at this point would be ok but there are some decent options that are currently without a job.

More than likely they will have to address cornerback depth with something other than Mabin or Seamster. Modest upgrade at this point would be ok but there are some decent options that are currently without a job.

RB is easy to address. Grab one off the heap or use a 3rd rounder. Need to start thinking about the post-Shady era.

WR will take a high pick or sign, but also shouldn't be too hard.

G should be easy with all the picks.

CB will take a high pick, or can find a decent one in FA. Probably won't have to overpay.

QB...that's the really tough one. I really like Tyrod. Plays with tremendous heart. Can do things other can't. He's a way better Flutie and a better Fitz. But he's not the long term future at the most important position. In the next 2 years, they need to start bringing in guys they think will be here for the next decade.

We very well may need to make a move because this pass defense is all of a sudden a huge concern going forward.

In fact the net 378 yards given up yesterday to Winston was the most the Bills have allowed since 2011 and even worst than Rex's defense the last few years.

We very well may need to make a move because this pass defense is all of a sudden a huge concern going forward.

In fact the net 378 yards given up yesterday to Winston was the most the Bills have allowed since 2011 and even worst than Rex's defense the last few years.

I think your numbers are off. The Bills allowed 460 to Brady in 2015 and I think Fitz's 374 last year is essentially the same.

So true...we are vastly overachiever this year and I'm afraid Gaines will continue to have injury issues like he did with the Rams. Tre will be a shutdown corner very soon. Believe in the process and this April's draft will bring some of those reinforcements.