Aaron Rodgers injury and the GB WRs

YoloinOhio

Looks like Rodgers is out long enough that their season is probably over. They are currently paying Nelson and Cobb, and Davante Adams is a FA. I have to think that based on GB's track record they will not pay all 3. I can see them trading Randall Cobb and extending Adams. I think he would fit the McD profile. Thoughts on the player? How much would you give up?

Contract here:

He's 27 and signed through 2019

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/randall-cobb-7783/

Edited by YoloinOhio

Looks like Rodgers is out long enough that their season is probably over. They are currently paying Nelson and Cobb, and Davante Adams is a FA. I have to think that based on GB's track record they will not pay all 3. I can see them trading Randall Cobb and extending Adams. I think he would fit the McD profile. Thoughts on the player? How much would you give up?

Contract here:

I like Cobb, but don't love him. I believe the elite thrower has benefited his career. Good RAC leaves to many plays on the field.

Devonte is my favorite of that crowd.

I totally agree with this post Aaron Rodgers injury makes cobb even more expendable now. Is there anyway we could incorporate Cordy Glenn into a trade package?

they have a franchise LT who has been hurt this year... I think at this point with Rodgers out they just await his return without sense of urgency on replacement. I think GB would want a draft pick but jmo

I like Cobb, but don't love him. I believe the elite thrower has benefited his career. Good RAC leaves to many plays on the field.

Devonte is my favorite of that crowd.

Adams is the youngest with most upside but imo is not a good trade for Buffalo unless you are not giving up much. He is going to want huge FA money and would most certainly be a rental due to our QB situation. GB may be able to get a hometown discount because of their QB. Cobb did that a few years ago. Edited by YoloinOhio

Contract here:

He's 27 and signed through 2019http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/randall-cobb-7783/

I like it, which means it will never happen.

Contract here:

The only real problem with Cobb, is that you don't know where Aaron Rodgers ends and he begins....which is so much true about all the great QBs, but giving up too much without knowing what he can do outside of a HOF QB, is a little concerning. Bills just acquired serious Draft capital for 2018, so I would hate to see them give it up at this point. However, if it's for a 5th or Glenn and a 6th, etc. then I think it makes sense...

Go get Allen Robinson in the offseason.

the problem with trying to sign any decent WR in the offseason from the open FA market is that the Bills offense and QB situation is not an attractive spot for that position. I think the Bills would need to seriously overpay for anyone good. Imo the Bills will need to trade for one under contract if they want a vet, and address in draft. I just don't see a #1 type WR with options willingly choosing the Bills. Edited by YoloinOhio

With Mathews being day to day I would imagine there is zero possibility we make a move for a WR.

i don't necessarily see it as a move that would only be for this year. I think it would be a longer-term vision. Jmatt may only have 11 games left with this team even if he does play this week. Edited by YoloinOhio

i don't necessarily see it as a move that would only be for this year. I think it would be a longer-term vision. Jmatt may only have 11 games left with this team even if he does play this week.

I agree, that's why I've been such a proponent of making a trade for a WR. Not only do we urgently need one this season, it will also be a need heading into next season as well. JMatt is a slot receiver who has already shown difficulty staying healthy. Regardless of JMatt's future in Buffalo, we will need to add recievers to this roster.