Bills' Bye Week News

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on what? Having bottom of the league passing stats for the entirety of his time as a starter? Or acting like a 7 year veteran still needs time to figure out that the WRs are there to throw to?

@ChrisTrapasso

Tyrod Taylor in games with his top two pass-catchers ('15-'16: Watkins/Woods) ('17: Matthews/Clay): 64% completion, 7.04 YPA, 32 TD, 7 INT

Duuuuuuuuude, stats and facts? That's all you can back up that point with? What about the eye test?

The eye test....its always about the damn eye test!

:P

2015 30th in completions 28th in passing yds

2016 32nd in completions 30th in passing yds

Where is that good?

OMG....someone pulled out the passing yards card again

The eye test....its always about the damn eye test!

:P

OMG....someone pulled out the passing yards card again

The other guy used comp%. If you are throwing safe passes that lead to nowhere drives abd punts, who cares

Should he have designed the offense to be pass heavy on his own despite the run 1st philosophy that the coaching staff implemented?

Do you think if our OC thought we had a capable qb we would still be a run heavy offense? I mean come on. I get you are insta tyrod defender on every single thing but even you must get this. We were a run heavy offense because we know we couldnt throw. You think if we had Arron Rogers we are running all the time? Be objective here

The other guy used comp%. If you are throwing safe passes that lead to nowhere drives abd punts, who cares

Do you think if our OC thought we had a capable qb we would still be a run heavy offense? I mean come on. I get you are insta tyrod defender on every single thing but even you must get this. We were a run heavy offense because we know we couldnt throw. You think if we had Arron Rogers we are running all the time? Be objective here

Your asking someone to be objective when your posting this drivel?

in 2015 he was 3rd in Air Yards per Attempt, 5th in Yards per Attempt, and 9th in ANY/A

You don't do that with 'safe passes that lead to nowhere drives abd punts'

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Wait??? Tyrod's not a franchise QB on the level of Aaron Rodgers? Who knew?!?

There is nothing in between the thing I said abd the thing you said...more then half of the qbs in the league would be trusted to throw more. We ran so much because we couldnt throw.

Of course. It had nothing to do with the ground and pound philosophy of the head coach and the OC in Greg Roman who's known for his run heavy design.

2015 30th in completions 28th in passing yds

2016 32nd in completions 30th in passing yds

Where is that good?

The Bills were also #1 in the league in rushing those 2 years. You can't lead the league in rushing yards and passing yards unless you are God or something. Simple fact. When you are very successful running the ball, you do not throw as much. Those stats would actually mean something if you compared the production to number of snaps. But of course you wouldn't want to go there, because completion percentage and yds per pass attempt are actually pretty good. Why be so one demensional?

Of course. It had nothing to do with the ground and pound philosophy of the head coach and the OC in Greg Roman who's known for his run heavy design.

Lynn took over after week 2 last year. Didnt really do anything different. This year we dont look much different. We dont pass more because our qb is not a good passer. The other defenses realize it. Not sure why its an issue that im pointing it out.

Lynn took over after week 2 last year. Didnt really do anything different. This year we dont look much different. We dont pass more because our qb is not a good passer. The other defenses realize it. Not sure why its an issue that im pointing it out.

It's a run 1st team designed to feature the run game with at the helm Tyrod having strengths and weaknesses like most NFL QBs. Again he's not a great QB. Who knew?!?