Remaining Schedule

SoCal Deek

Going into the 2017 Season so many on The Stadium Wall looked at the Bills schedule and assumed the team was doomed. Myself included.

As we head into the Bye Week the remaining schedule (at least on paper) looks much different. Only FOUR of the ELEVEN remaining games are against teams with a winning record and that includes at the Jets, at Kansas City, home and away with New England. The other SEVEN opponents are either 2-3 or 2-3 at this point.

Six Home games and five Road games left.

Go Bills! (Please)

Bang....I have to agree, but I've always said it's interesting to see how a season plays out. Three of the next four are Home games, and the over the next SIX the two road games are at the Jets and the Chargers. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. If the Bills can win those home games.......and beat the Jets....they'll be heading into Kansas City for what could be a big time national TV debut.

Going into the 2017 Season so many on The Stadium Wall looked at the Bills schedule and assumed the team was doomed. Myself included.

As we head into the Bye Week the remaining schedule (at least on paper) looks much different. Only FOUR of the ELEVEN remaining games are against teams with a winning record and that includes at the Jets, at Kansas City, home and away with New England. The other SEVEN opponents are either 2-3 or 2-3 at this point.

Six Home games and five Road games left.

Go Bills! (Please)

This loss needs to be kept in perspective. It was fugly, but the Bengals are pretty good and this was our second tough road game in two weeks. More importantly, we've got a pretty soft slate of games coming up after the bye (three of the next four at home), and should go into KC on Thanksgiving weekend no worse than 7-3.

So 2-3 then? ;)

I apologize...Miami and Tampa are both 2-2 due to the hurricane.

This loss needs to be kept in perspective. It was fugly, but the Bengals are pretty good and this was our second tough road game in two weeks. More importantly, we've got a pretty soft slate of games coming up after the bye (three of the next four at home), and should go into KC on Thanksgiving weekend no worse than 7-3.

See my quote above. Come on Bills, trust the process and string something together! Three of the next four are at Home for heaven's sake.

If we couldn't beat a 1-3 team on the road after the defense forced 3 TO's than no game is a gimme even at home.

Don't be surprised if this team finds a way to lose to the Bucs at home after the bye week too especially since we are likely going to be without a lot of guys to injury. In fact I still think Tampa is a real good team that is due to put it all together soon and the Bills would be the perfect opponent for that given this teams history in 'get healthy' games vs. teams needing a big win.

Raiders will have Carr back by the time we play then and likely be super desperate and all of a sudden the TNF game at the Jets looks daunting based on their current run.

Not even touching the 2nd half of the schedule yet but very likely we'll be no better than 4-4 if this team doesn't find a way to get immediate offensive help during the bye week.

Perspective is in short supply around here. It's like few around here has ever watched a full 16 game season. There are ups and downs. They happen to every team. Stack wins, and avoid losing streaks. They've done a decent job so far, over what may have been one of the toughest portions of the schedule.

Opponents Records are irrelevant with this seasons Buffalo Bills and I will tell you why.

The offense.

It has shown nothing to make me believe that will ever jump out Huge early or "pull away" from an opponent late.

The complete lack of this offense being able to score (6 TDs in 5 games) should always allow for the games to be close and any time you enter the 4th quarter within a few points...it's a 50/50 proposition

My August predictions were

@ Bengals - L

Buccaneers - L

Raiders - L

@ Jets - W

Saints - W

@ Chargers - L

@ Chiefs - L

Patriots - L

Colts - W

Dolphins - W

@ Patriots - L

@ Dolphins - L

As of today I would give the Bills now a SPLIT against Buccaneers and Raiders and WIN against Chargers

So 9-7 now from my original.

If we do lose against the Bucs (and my gut instinct tells me that's coming) things are going to unravel pretty quickly especially if Taylor continues to struggle and the coaches don't make a QB change.

Just goes to show how this is a truly a week to week loss and last weeks big win in Atlanta seems like years ago.

If we do lose against the Bucs (and my gut instinct tells me that's coming) things are going to unravel pretty quickly especially if Taylor continues to struggle and the coaches don't make a QB change.

Just goes to show how this is a truly a week to week loss and last weeks big win in Atlanta seems like years ago.

I know it's probably not the best thing to do but I just can't stop myself from allowing style of victory to play an impact and how I view a team if you were winning but your defense is scoring points or you were getting timely ref calls or an abundance of turnovers I don't really think that is a sustainable mode for winning over the long haul

Buffalo sitting on six touchdowns in five games in one of those touchdowns was a deflection often say Jones hands into another guy sounds like that's a fluke so you're basically five legit touchdowns in five games with really no sign of it suddenly for improving