Stabbing at school in NYC

LeviF

The taunting began on the first day of high school and continued until Abel Cedeno couldn’t hold his rage another second.

The bullied student, armed with a $30 switchblade, stabbed one of his tormentors to death and savagely gashed a second teen as a Wednesday morning history class turned into a Bronx bloodbath, police said.

Horrified classmates howled in disbelief as Cedeno flew into a homicidal fury, plunging the serrated stainless steel blade into the chests of Matthew McCree, 15, and Ariane Laboy, 16.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/bronx/student-stabbed-death-fight-bronx-school-article-1.3524997

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not happy that someone died.

But I'm happy that this kid defended himself.

Bullying is a huge problem.

It all starts with crappy parenting. A-hole parents raise a-hole kids.

Sometimes, a-holes get what's coming to them and it needs to happen more.

I'm not happy that someone died.

But I'm happy that this kid defended himself.

Bullying is a huge problem.

It all starts with crappy parenting. A-hole parents raise a-hole kids.

Sometimes, a-holes get what's coming to them and it needs to happen more.

If someone had taught him to throw hands and ground fight a kid wouldn't be dead.

Can't say I'm sad about any of it except that this kid will have a felony conviction on his record for the rest of his life. Hopefully he gets a sweet deal from the DA.

If someone had taught him to throw hands and ground fight a kid wouldn't be dead.

Can't say I'm sad about any of it except that this kid will have a felony conviction on his record for the rest of his life. Hopefully he gets a sweet deal from the DA.

Agreed on both of your points - however, if someone had taught the dead kid to not be a dick, he wouldn't be dead.

Yikes! Reading the story, I can just imagine the social dynamics that may come into play here.

Agressive bully gets stabbed dead. The stabber is 18... Would have helped if he a juvenile.

Agreed on both of your points - however, if someone had taught the dead kid to not be a dick, he wouldn't be dead.

Yep. He flung a pencil at him. Then when stared down, the kid that got stabbed became more agressive and right up in his kitchen. From what I glean from reading the story.

I have mixed emotions about this.

Yes the bully's shouldn't have been stabbed but they also shouldn't have been f****** with the kid. Everyone has a breaking point, some can't control it once they've exploded. It should have been a fist fight. Even if the kid gets his ass whopped, he would be a little more respected and the bullying probably stops.

I also don't think that if this kid wasn't bullied today, this rage would have eventually have came out. I think it was just in him. It could have been a road rage incident, or overwhelmed at work, or relationship fight.....I just don't think someone without deep mental issues would get to a point where they can't control a murderous rage.

I've had moments where I "lost my mind" with someone but never had a thought where I literally wanted to kill them. Wanted to fight them but if you handed me a knife, I wouldn't even think of using it unless of course, he had one....or if someone breaks into my house. I've to a kid and wife to protect.

Simple. It's a rough area. He's carrying it for protection. I meant nothing deep by it.

I'm surprised that there wasn't metal detectors to catch the knife.

There's schools in Atlanta that kids have to walk through metal detectors every time they enter and also can't have solid back backs. Has to be clear or see through mesh so they can see what's inside the bag.

I'm surprised that there wasn't metal detectors to catch the knife.

There's schools in Atlanta that kids have to walk through metal detectors every time they enter and also can't have solid back backs. Has to be clear or see through mesh so they can see what's inside the bag.

Does the article need to say anymore, name of school:

"Urban Assembly School for Wildlife Conservation"

Ouch! Wow... I can run really "deep" with this one. But, like my pal Gugny, "discretion is a better part of valor." I am hanging it up! ;-)

http://abc7ny.com/what-we-know-about-school-stabbing-suspect-abel-cedeno/2464314/

But investigators said this was the first time Cedeno had trouble with these particular boys. He told detectives he had had problems before the start of school that day, but not with the two he allegedly stabbed during his third period class.

This man should go to jail for a long time. Stabs a child because some other children had picked on him earlier. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

Seriously? You're going with the "if the parents had taught him not to be a dick.." vs "if the kid had been taught you don't !@#$ing stab people??" WFT??

Seriously? You're going with the "if the parents had taught him not to be a dick.." vs "if the kid had been taught you don't !@#$ing stab people??" WFT??

As a parent of a child who'd been bullied for 5 years straight ... yes. I'm dead serious.

Kids are ass holes because their parents raise them to be ass holes.

No one should have to teach an 18 year old, or any child, to not stab people.

Incidentally, I've been teaching my son to not throw a punch unless he's either been hit, or feels that getting hit is imminent; and to ignore/walk away.

It doesn't work.

So now, I've told him the next kid to !@#$ with him, even if it's just words, to punch him in the face. And to keep punching him in the face until the other kid asks him to stop, or until someone pulls him off.