Who's this EJ Gaines Guy?

reginald

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DKhHoYOXoAY9XJH.jpg

I bet if we end up paying Gaines after this year, his contract ultimately offers more value than the one Sammy Watkins gets. A shutdown secondary wins more games than a good WR.

I think people forget that trades can be mutually beneficial. The Bills needed a corner that better fit their system and the Rams needed a true number one receiver and were willing to part with a 2nd round pick and a corner to add a play maker to that offense. The Bills got a player that fit their system and added premium draft capital.

What I believe is they did their homework and specifically went after Gaines and that 2nd rounder. They believed Gaines could end up being a quality starting NFL DB within their scheme and so far they've been right.

i can't remember where I read it, but Gaines was going to be a FA target for 2018. They ended up getting him early. Actually I think this was inside info from a board member...

Beginning to love Gaines, a White, Hyde and Pryor in our defensive secondary

Best part is they're all youngins. This could literally solidify our secondary for 4 5 years ,we clearly targeted him so makes sense we extend him. Johnson hasn't been too shabby at Nickel either. this draft is going to be fun because we can go BPA with majority of our picks