The Best Damn Band in the Land performing at Bills v TB!

YoloinOhio

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish, no though

i just checked - it was Transient:

"A little 80's cross pollination of threads going out to TBD this morning with Foreigner's Zay You Will

Zay you will... Zay you won't! Please catch the ball next time.

Zay you do... Zay you don't want to be cryin'."

If you are going to Bills- Tampa game on 10/22 you will see The Ohio State marching band perform at New Era! Sometimes a better experience than the team itself... the band never lets us down!

https://tbdbitl.osu.edu

No one ever goes to a game just to see a marching band. It adds to the experience yes completely agree, but if they are such a draw they would sell out stadiums when they have college band competitions.(they don't)

Also highly unlikely anyone who is a football fan cares about a college band unless they are fans of, alumni, or go to that college.

Don't believe me? Try having the Ohio State Band play at halftime at Kinnick Stadium someday. The boos would rain allllllllll day.

No one ever goes to a game just to see a marching band. It adds to the experience yes completely agree, but if they are such a draw they would sell out stadiums when they have college band competitions.(they don't)

Also highly unlikely anyone who is a football fan cares about a college band unless they are fans of, alumni, or go to that college.

Don't believe me? Try having the Ohio State Band play at halftime at Kinnick Stadium someday. The boos would rain allllllllll day.

Nobody ever said a marching band would sell out a stadium. I believe OP was saying he's been to games where the marching band was great but the home team wasn't that day.

I guess I'm the highly unlikely anyone who is a Bills fan with zero ties to OSU that saw the video I linked to above and was impressed and cares enough to check out their performances on youtube.

The Kinnick Stadium comment was just silly.

they play at Kinnick on 11/4...

They play at every away stadium except Penn State. And are never booed. They play to the home crowd. It's fun.

Nobody ever said a marching band would sell out a stadium. I believe OP was saying he's been to games where the marching band was great but the home team wasn't that day.

I guess I'm the highly unlikely anyone who is a Bills fan with zero ties to OSU that saw the video I linked to above and was impressed and cares enough to check out their performances on youtube.

The Kinnick Stadium comment was just silly.

correct. Of course no one needs a band to sell out a college game. But sometimes .... no matter what happens in the game, the band is always worth it! Edited by YoloinOhio

they play at Kinnick on 11/4...

They play at every away stadium except Penn State. And are never booed. They play to the home crowd. It's fun.

correct. Of course no one needs a band to sell out a college game. But sometimes .... no matter what happens in the game, the band is always worth it!

Are you an OSU football fan? If so, read on.

My son just entered high school and is in the marching band. I had heard a few years ago that our marching band is head and shoulders above the others in the area. Our football team not so much.

So I go to the first game of the year to see my son play at half-time and this player on the other team (Lindenhurst) just wrecks the game, a man among boys. WR, LB and kicker. Unstoppable. The next morning I pick up the Sunday paper and he's front and center on the high school section...and he's committed to OSU as a tight end. Here's the story:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-school/football/ohio-state-football-commit-jeremy-ruckert-ready-for-a-big-senior-year-at-lindenhurst-1.14107369

And if you're interested in a high school marching band that doesn't suck:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H6dyzlWwoc

Marching bands are the only kind of entertainment I think appropriate, at a football game. And a really good band is a joy to watch. OSU, USC, and most of the big schools have good bands. I was always a fan of the traditionally black college bands, but I haven't seen too many examples, in recent years. Major exceptions are the bands from Florida Southern and Southern University and A&M College (the "Human Jukebox"). I also think Stanford's band is very fun to watch---and, let's face it, completely crazy at times.