Taylor has only thrown 12 passes of 10+ yards this season

SaviorPeterman

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's nothing more than Trent Edwards with mobility.

And just like with Edwards, some of the key metrics with Taylor are misleading because he doesn't take chances with the football and is quick to check down, wildly overthrown downfield attempts, etc. That's why his INT count has always been low.

Remember in 2010 when we benched Edwards after 2 games in which the offense was putrid and could move the ball? Fitzpatrick (who wasn't great either) came in and the offense looked completely different the rest of the season starting the very next week when he threw for 300+ against the Pats even in a loss.

Guarantee the same will happen when Peterman takes over for Taylor at some point because by default he's a better fit for this offense and a real NFL QB in terms of being able to throw with more precision and accuracy.

He was 5th in YPA in 2015 and is 11th since he became a starter. And, as has been pointed out by many on this board, that is with very few yards after catch (meaning it's mostly air yards).

The numbers he put up in 2015 were in the top tier in the NFL in many catagories. Tebow didn't do that.

If you still can't figure out that 2015 was the outlier due to team's not knowing what TT could do, then all hope is lost.

It's 2017 and he's shown nothing That makes anyone believe he'll achieve numbers like that again.

It was a fluke based on many factors like a high number of deep balls completed...jump balls that Sammy came down with short, easy sideline throws mixed in.

The anger shows. I just ruined your agenda that he sucks. with better players, and the right scheme, he doesn't suck. I think the one poster was right-he didn't sign an autograph for you, or something like that.

With better players and Greg Roman's scheme I believe a lot of QBs could put up similar numbers to Taylor, efficiency wise. That doesn't change the fact that overall he's a bad quarterback.

Saw this on the weekly Rochester D&C game preview.

On average his passes are traveling 4 yards in the air. These are putrid metrics regardless of the talent around him on offense.

I mean how do you expect to win football games with these type of numbers? Would a 5th round rookie truly be a downgrade?

Yes it's early but if this regime really believes in this guy we are in a lot of trouble and it brings into question what type of QB they might look for with a 1st round pick next year.

crusade-memes-time.jpg

Ah, the life of a backup QB in Buffalo. You're the most popular guy in town!

Tyrod is the guy for 2017, for better or worse.

Then drafting Peterman was a waste.

Yes it's no secret this was widely viewed as a transition/rebuild year in which we are about to reach 18 straight years of failure, but Taylor is not the answer and nobody cares about him playing well against other bottom feeder teams like the Jets the rest of the way.

Peterman starting would at least give the fans something to be at least remotely excited about this season

Yes it's no secret this was widely viewed as a transition/rebuild year in which we are about to reach 18 straight years of failure, but Taylor is not the answer and nobody cares about him playing well against other bottom feeder teams like the Jets the rest of the way.

Peterman starting would at least give the fans something to be at least remotely excited about this season

For about 2 drives maybe.

Peterman will get snaps this year. And yes this is a Transition year. So dont you think the new coachins staff also wants to see if the current Vet on the roster can execute the offense?

And there is alot to be excited about. Watch the defense will ya

Edited by MAJBobby

If you still can't figure out that 2015 was the outlier due to team's not knowing what TT could do, then all hope is lost.

It's 2017 and he's shown nothing That makes anyone believe he'll achieve numbers like that again.

It was a fluke based on many factors like a high number of deep balls completed...jump balls that Sammy came down with short, easy sideline throws mixed in.

Jump balls? lol keep trying. What did TT do to you? A good question I think. This year is a different offense with a bottom five WR group. Gonna root against him this week too, I suppose. SMH Peterman will probably get his chance, because this offense doesn't use TT strengths, and I hope he does well if he plays-Peterman. Whoever starts I hope they do well. That's what being a fan is. I don't know what you and a couple of others are. Really don't.

No, it's not. You don't count on 5th rounders to be starters out of the gate, especially a QB. He'll learn and develop plenty from the bench and in the filmroom. With time, maybe he's ready, but it won't be 2017. McDermott viewed Tyrod as "good enough" for 2017, that's all that matters.

Peterman is the white flag, and nobody is doing that in mid September on any team, even the J-E-T-S.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

With better players and Greg Roman's scheme I believe a lot of QBs could put up similar numbers to Taylor, efficiency wise. That doesn't change the fact that overall he's a bad quarterback.

mmm no. Of course you think that. This is what agendas and crusades are against a specific player.

No, it's not. You don't count on 5th rounders to be starters out of the gate, especially a QB. He'll learn and develop plenty from the bench and in the filmroom. With time, maybe he's ready, but it won't be 2017. McDermott viewed Tyrod as "good enough" for 2017, that's all that matters.

Peterman is the white flag, and nobody is doing that in mid September on any team, even the J-E-T-S.

If Taylor sucks again this week at home guarantee the boos at New Era will be deafening by halftime as the crowd starts chanting Peterman.

Whether the coaches act on it though is a different story.

If Taylor sucks again this week at home guarantee the boos at New Era will be deafening by halftime as the crowd starts chanting Peterman.

Whether the coaches act on it though is a different story.

They are not benching TT until at least the bye week (earliest and most logical time to do it). But the reality is likey not until Mid November

Sure when you get schooled you throw the good ole crusade remarks to try and get a Mod to do something. I have your posting figured out.

I kinda of think they have you, Crusher, old school, GoBills and a few others figured out. Your little group can't even give the guy credit for what he does well. Or say any QB could have done that in that scheme and players. Crusher said on the other ball that he could throw the ball deep to Watkins. It's that demented.