If The Scheme Isn't Broke Why Change It ??

T master

If this defense is for real, then the offense of the last two seasons if kept the same, we would have been a playoff team this year.

The offense the last two years produced enough points.

I think they want a franchise qb in the next draft , so it takes a tank .

Roman got fired, than Lynn got a head coaching job so I hate to tell you but no matter who was brought in the scheme was going to change on offense. Really the only coach who didnt change much was Tomlin when Pittsburgh hired him. That however, was an extremely rare situation. Who take over a Superbowl team.

My problem with so many NFL coaches is their inability to be flexible. Most of us are required to be flexible workers. We can't go to work and do everything "our way". NFL coaches are often unwilling to adjust gameplans to what they have to work with. When we go to work, we work with what we are given. Why don't some NFL coaches do the same? Our game plan did nothing to play to strengths of TT. We may lack offensive weapons, but why not structure a game plan that fits the roster? Plus, how idiotic is it to use a fullback as the number two back?

I honestly don't think most coaches are capable of changing away from their systems and still coaching at a high level with confidence. It takes a guy like Wade Philips, Andy Reid or Bill Parcells with their vast experience to know enough about the game to be able to make major change away from their system in order to really adapt to the whatever player personnel they are handed. Few guys can do it. Most can't I bet.

In fact, I think a lot of these coaches are still trying to prove to themselves that their system is the best. But they often times cannot find out because they aren't coaching in one position long enough to get the entire personnel group they desire to operate their system to their satisfaction. There are very few "true masters" of the sport in coaching positions. If there were more - you would see more coaches adapt and adapt quickly and adapt effectively.

Last years offense sucked so whats the difference? Last years numbers on offense were misleading(ppg in particular). 19 ppg on the road. I didnt look up the 3rd down percentage last year because Im working but Im pretty sure it was garbage. Being number 1 in rushing does not win games in the nfl. Sick of hearing how the offense was so good last year. They were garbage, couldnt stay on the field and they are garbage and cant stay on the field this year.

Bottom line is the Bills have had the on-field talent over the draught to make the playoffs a handful of times. This team has been mismanaged by the front office and head scratching head coaching/GM hires. We've had really good offenses and bad defense, good D and bad O, but haven't been able to put it all together. Rex had the talent to be a playoff team but ruined the D with a scheme that didn't fit the players. It's shaping up to look like Rico is doing something very similar with the O. It blows my mind a coach would change the blocking scheme on a team that's had the #1 rushing offense 2 years in a row, but i ultimately blame the front offense for the hires as they knew this before hiring Rico.

Last years offense sucked so whats the difference? Last years numbers on offense were misleading(ppg in particular). 19 ppg on the road. I didnt look up the 3rd down percentage last year because Im working but Im pretty sure it was garbage. Being number 1 in rushing does not win games in the nfl. Sick of hearing how the offense was so good last year. They were garbage, couldnt stay on the field and they are garbage and cant stay on the field this year.

Your take sucks.

And so does your attitude. :thumbdown:

Your take sucks.

Okay keep believing last years offense was a playoff offense. They sucked thats all there is to it. As far as my attitude....you must be a savant being able to tell my attitude through a computer screen. Tough guy

Your take sucks.

Okay keep believing last years offense was a playoff offense. They sucked thats all there is to it. As far as my attitude....you must be a savant being able to tell my attitude through a computer screen. Tough guy

NFL coaches are not the workers, they are the COOs.

They should have a scheme foundation in place, a solid structure that every coach and player can understand. It should account for existing talent when it's All Pro level and retained on longer term contracts.

Gameplans change every week, but I don't think they'll ever go too far outside what is taught and coaches in mini camp and training camp.

I think schemes sometimes are too grand sometimes. "Establish the run", "play action to setup the pass", "zone read to stretch the defense". blah blah blah. How about 1) Acquire playmakers and 2) get them the ball? K.I.S.S.

I don't see coaches as COO's. I would give that title to the GM. Coaches should be more like managers. They should be willing to create systems that enable their workers (players) the ability to perform. That is what a good manager would do. I understand that these guys have "their system", but TT doesn't fit that system at all. Why force him to be something that he isn't? If he "doesn't fit" the system, it's time to play the guy they drafted.

Top 10 scoring offense, and we did it with injuries all year at WR. I don't care who we played, we put up enough points to win 10 games and the defense flat out sucked. Now we have a new O coordinator coming in that is fitting a square peg into round hole scheme wise, just like Rex did.

Is that all you do is betch Jimmy two times two times? :lol:

I honestly don't think most coaches are capable of changing away from their systems and still coaching at a high level with confidence. It takes a guy like Wade Philips, Andy Reid or Bill Parcells with their vast experience to know enough about the game to be able to make major change away from their system in order to really adapt to the whatever player personnel they are handed. Few guys can do it. Most can't I bet.

In fact, I think a lot of these coaches are still trying to prove to themselves that their system is the best. But they often times cannot find out because they aren't coaching in one position long enough to get the entire personnel group they desire to operate their system to their satisfaction. There are very few "true masters" of the sport in coaching positions. If there were more - you would see more coaches adapt and adapt quickly and adapt effectively.

I agree, but I think there should be more "masters of the sport". These guys get paid millions, they should be masters. My high school coach could have put together the crap game plan that we saw from Denison on Sunday. Many great musicians can play multiple genres of music. They can do so because they understand music. Football coaches should understand football enough to be able to operate more than one system if necessary. John Fox was able to do so with Tim freaking Tebow in Denver. TT requires a specific style of play to succeed. Don't put him on the field if you are unwilling to change yours. I just came away very unimpressed with Dennison's joke of a game plan. More of that and he won't make it through the season.

I don't see coaches as COO's. I would give that title to the GM. Coaches should be more like managers. They should be willing to create systems that enable their workers (players) the ability to perform. That is what a good manager would do. I understand that these guys have "their system", but TT doesn't fit that system at all. Why force him to be something that he isn't? If he "doesn't fit" the system, it's time to play the guy they drafted.

GM & Coach structures differ based on the organization. Who has the final say on the 53 man roster, draft picks, contracts and trades? You can't compare what Andy Reid and Belichick have, compared to John Fox and Ryan Pace, who didn't even tell Fox he was drafting Trubisky until an hour before! I'd like to think both GMs and coaches are C-level guys.

Kubiak/Dennison's system is best ran by a mobile QB with great arm strength. Bootlegs, play action, moving pocket, zone blocking, quick screens (easy throws!). Not sure how Tyrod doesn't fit, especially given the chatter than he was pursued aggressively by Kubiak in Denver. Tyrod's just not a great QB, no scheme can cover that up.

Top 10 scoring offense, and we did it with injuries all year at WR. I don't care who we played, we put up enough points to win 10 games and the defense flat out sucked. Now we have a new O coordinator coming in that is fitting a square peg into round hole scheme wise, just like Rex did.

Exactly, if Denison doesn't adjust, this season will be brutal.

I agree, but I think there should be more "masters of the sport". These guys get paid millions, they should be masters. My high school coach could have put together the crap game plan that we saw from Denison on Sunday. Many great musicians can play multiple genres of music. They can do so because they understand music. Football coaches should understand football enough to be able to operate more than one system if necessary. John Fox was able to do so with Tim freaking Tebow in Denver. TT requires a specific style of play to succeed. Don't put him on the field if you are unwilling to change yours. I just came away very unimpressed with Dennison's joke of a game plan. More of that and he won't make it through the season.

I bet you that most of these schemes that these professional coaches develop - if executed to perfection - would work and work very well.

The problem is that coming up with a good scheme is the easy part I would think. Coming up with a scheme that the players can execute to perfection and getting them to execute it to perfection is the harder part I would think.

On paper, everybody with above average football knowledge and enough time on their hands (a.k.a. coaches) can devise a plan that should work. But how many of those plans work when put into practice? Few. Because of all the other variables.

The master chefs - can be handed an awkward bunch of ingredients - and still whip up a meal that will blow you away with how it tastes - because they fully understand the things that really matter when trying to prepare excellent food.

If this defense is for real, then the offense of the last two seasons if kept the same, we would have been a playoff team this year.

The offense the last two years produced enough points.

Cool that offense could have easily regressed way to much too. With Shady being another year older. More tape on TT. Etc. See how asnine you last yesr stuff is.

Well we should have kept Marrones Defense and addes the 90s offense right.

Reality

2015-2016 showed regession

But hey in your weak feable mind 2017 they would not have regressed again. Even with the trend showing regression.

But hey keep your Crusade and Agenda up against Dennison.

Edited by MAJBobby

I bet you that most of these schemes that these professional coaches develop - if executed to perfection - would work and work very well.

The problem is that coming up with a good scheme is the easy part I would think. Coming up with a scheme that the players can execute to perfection and getting them to execute it to perfection is the harder part I would think.

On paper, everybody with above average football knowledge and enough time on their hands (a.k.a. coaches) can devise a plan that should work. But how many of those plans work when put into practice? Few. Because of all the other variables.

The master chefs - can be handed an awkward bunch of ingredients - and still whip up a meal that will blow you away with how it tastes - because they fully understand the things that really matter when trying to prepare excellent food.

Agree, but you also need a scheme that plays to the strength of the players, and I don't think the zone blocking plays to the strength of our O line. We had a blueprint from the last few years on why we were able to run the ball so well. Richie is a helluva pulling guard! Why in the world someone would come in and completely change what's worked with the run game (#1 in league two straight years) just blows my mind.

Agree, but you also need a scheme that plays to the strength of the players, and I don't think the zone blocking plays to the strength of our O line. We had a blueprint from the last few years on why we were able to run the ball so well. Richie is a helluva pulling guard! Why in the world someone would come in and completely change what's worked with the run game (#1 in league two straight years) just blows my mind.

Yeah. I am thinking that way too.

One possibility nobody is talking about or expecting is this:

It is entirely possible that at some point this season, this offense is going to start clicking and they are going to start executing it at a high level.

I know that seems extremely unlikely after witnessing the Carolina game - nonetheless - stranger things have happened. It could be that Dennison's offense is taking too long to learn for the players - or that he way underestimated how long it would take them.

Time will tell.

Who knows - maybe they come out one game and lay down a beat down on offense that has everyone scratching their heads questioning themselves and their opinions on what they thought the real problem was. The Bills will start running a lot of shotgun with 4 and 5 wide - and the QB will start gaining yards in big chunks.

And it could even happen with Tyrod at QB. I know nobody expects that. Fingers crossed it happens this Sunday. Gotta hope right?

That would change a lot of people's opinions (including mine) about whether Dennison is any good or not at his job. Right now his offense looks washed up.

Yeah. I am thinking that way too.

One possibility nobody is talking about or expecting is this:

It is entirely possible that at some point this season, this offense is going to start clicking and they are going to start executing it at a high level.

I know that seems extremely unlikely after witnessing the Carolina game - nonetheless - stranger things have happened. It could be that Dennison's offense is taking too long to learn for the players - or that he way underestimated how long it would take them.

Time will tell.

Who knows - maybe they come out one game and lay down a beat down on offense that has everyone scratching their heads questioning themselves and their opinions on what they thought the real problem was. The Bills will start running a lot of shotgun with 4 and 5 wide - and the QB will start gaining yards in big chunks.

And it could even happen with Tyrod at QB. I know nobody expects that. Fingers crossed it happens this Sunday. Gotta hope right?

That would change a lot of people's opinions (including mine) about whether Dennison is any good or not at his job. Right now his offense looks washed up.

I hear ya, and hope we start clicking as well in the new scheme. However, it still doesn't excuse changing a scheme when you've been #1 in the league 2 straight years. Period! Now we're hoping something works opposed to something that was proven to be great. Just let that sink in. It's ludicrous! I wish someone in the media would ask McD or Rico what their thought process is to change up a huge strength of this team.

ego. every coach thinks they are the best and their system is the best. also they usually only know that 1 system and that's it. the decision makers bringing these coaches in are the ones that are goofing up by changing systems every 2-3 years. then you are stuck with the wrong personnel that don't know the playbook and you have to try and fit a square peg into a round hole.

I dunno if it's as simple as ego. I think you coach what you know. The best coaches know more and as such, can adapt their schemes more.