"I'm offended by cotton"

Just Jack

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But you leftists keep trying to re-assign the 'snowflake' title to conservatives, mmmkay?

Can't we just appreciate the stupidity of a situation without making it all us & them-y?

These are some spectacularly hilarious idiots. But most left-leaning people are not nearly this extreme. Just like most conservatives aren't out there pushing conversion therapy.

Can't we just appreciate the stupidity of a situation without making it all us & them-y?

These are some spectacularly hilarious idiots. But most left-leaning people are not nearly this extreme. Just like most conservatives aren't out there pushing conversion therapy.

What makes it "us vs. them" is that these leftist idiots get indulged, whereas the conservative idiots are mocked for the idiots they are.

Nope. This little snowflake represents today's Democratic Party, because the party now stands proud and loud for the Soros-funded Antifa-bomb-throwing hysteria which claims that everything -- EVERYTHING -- about this country must be corrected or destroyed, and those who disagree must be silenced.

It USED to be the fringe. It's not any more. This absolutely IS the Democratic Party. Period.

Nope. This little snowflake represents today's Democratic Party, because the party now stands proud and loud for the Soros-funded Antifa-bomb-throwing hysteria which claims that everything -- EVERYTHING -- about this country must be corrected or destroyed, and those who disagree must be silenced.

It USED to be the fringe. It's not any more. This absolutely IS the Democratic Party. Period.

Ok, fair enough. I think you're exaggerating the phenomenon, but I'm certainly not going to defend the democratic party. At this point, I can't believe anyone who isn't actually holding political office would maintain loyalty to either party.

My naïve hope is that the general reaction over time to the current political chaos will be for people to tend more towards independent thought and somewhat walk away from their pre-packaged group-think ideals. I don't feel very confident about that though.

Ok, fair enough. I think you're exaggerating the phenomenon, but I'm certainly not going to defend the democratic party. At this point, I can't believe anyone who isn't actually holding political office would maintain loyalty to either party.

My naïve hope is that the general reaction over time to the current political chaos will be for people to tend more towards independent thought and somewhat walk away from their pre-packaged group-think ideals. I don't feel very confident about that though.

only way to keep power is to pander to those that have you it and hope enough of them remain to back you

You do have to make allowances for him being in California, where the extremism is more prevalent.

But even so, it's pretty prevalent nationwide. Far too many people told me "I cried all day" when DHS rescinded DACA...and none of them were immigrants.

And "independent thought" is what, exactly? Something reasonably close to the things you believe?

Because when people say "free thought" or "independent thought" that's exactly what they mean: "thoughts that are like my thoughts." Because using the phrases themselves as markers of status reveal insufferable pretension and the actual motivation: "I want everyone to think like me, because I'm better."

Are you talking about politics or your own posting strategy?

I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, benzedrine or a bottle of Jack Daniel's - The Chairman.

Edited by row_33

And "independent thought" is what, exactly? Something reasonably close to the things you believe?

Because when people say "free thought" or "independent thought" that's exactly what they mean: "thoughts that are like my thoughts." Because using the phrases themselves as markers of status reveal insufferable pretension and the actual motivation: "I want everyone to think like me, because I'm better."

No, that's not it.

There are people with positions different from mine that I respect.

I'm surprised to see such a hot response to me saying I value independent thinking. It's not a "marker of status" (I don't know where that comes from). I happen to like talking to people who think for themselves and don't just parrot the statements of some group that they belong to. That's all.

Edited by Cugalabanza

No, that's not it.

There are people with positions different from mine that I respect.

I'm surprised to see such a hot response to me saying I value independent thinking. It's not a "marker of status" (I don't know where that comes from). I happen to like talking to people who think for themselves and don't just parrot the statements of some group that they belong to. That's all.

And that will get you hated around here but many. Many of the posters (and most are right wing here) don't even comment on news until they have read right wing opinion pieces.

Keep posting please

I happen to like talking to people who think for themselves and don't just parrot the statements of some group that they belong to. That's all.

And how many people have you met that actually do that? And how did you verify this?