Brady dons the stripes

4merper4mer

i saw a little of the Pats* game and was watching when this happened.

If you ask me, it is BS. This is because the situation is either:

1. The referee admitted in full view of everyone that Tom Brady knew the rules better than he did or

2. He made a bad judgement call and reversed it after talking to Brady.

It simply can't be #1. It is the job of the officials to know the rules. "Oh yeah Tom I forgot" doesn't reflect well on the ref. I can be pretty sure he does not want to go into a weekly review stating that he learned a new rule that Tom Brady taught him.

I looked up the rule which says:

Note 4: There can be no pass interference at or behind the line of scrimmage, but defensive actions such as tackling a receiver can still result in a 5-yard penalty for defensive holding, if accepted.

Nowhere does it say "close enough" to the line of scrimmage like the article implies. That sounds an awful lot like "just give it to 'em" or in this case, Brady going to the official and saying "just give it to me". The ref has given a tacit admission of an error in judgement on a judgement call. Judgement calls happen all the time and are rarely reversed. Moreover, in this case, the film clearly shows the pick happening not at the line of scrimmage, but a full yard + downfield. So the ref's initial judgement was correct and Brady talked him out of it.

Can anyone honestly say that Tyrod would have gotten the same treatment? How many QBS? 3 or 4? Only stars? Only guys dating movie stars or married to supermodels? IMO stuff like this is a very bad look for the league. Rules are rules. It is completely unfair.

Edited by 4merper4mer

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was correctly picked up after the Ref huddle. Does it violate any of these????

Actions that constitute offensive pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Blocking downfield by an offensive player prior to the ball being touched.

(b) Initiating contact with a defender by shoving or pushing off thus creating a separation in an attempt to catch a pass.

(c ) Driving through a defender who has established a position on the field.

Edited by MAJBobby

It was correctly picked up after the Ref huddle. Does it violate any of these????

Actions that constitute offensive pass interference include but are not limited to:

(b) Initiating contact with a defender by shoving or pushing off thus creating a separation in an attempt to catch a pass.

Pick plays are illegal one yard past the line of scrimmage, this was past one yard and thus illegal

Pick plays are illegal one yard past the line of scrimmage, this was past one yard and thus illegal

Just posted the Rule for Offensive Pass interference, but keep on the refs.

the LOS was inside the 13. The pick occurred at the 12, so again where is the rule violation?

Edited by MAJBobby

Just posted the Rule for Offensive Pass interference, but keep on the refs.

the LOS was inside the 13. The pick occurred at the 12, so again where is the rule violation?

Here is the rule directly from the rule book

ARTICLE 4. OTHER PROHIBITED ACTS BY THE OFFENSE

Blocking more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage by an offensive player prior to a pass being thrown is offensive pass interference. See 8-3-1 for exception for an ineligible offensive player.

The pick (block) occurred more than one yard past the line, the refs ruled it was within one, not reviewable, end of story.

If you want to claim no pick, that is not what the refs ruled.

B a receiver shoved the defender.

Here is the rule directly from the rule book

ARTICLE 4. OTHER PROHIBITED ACTS BY THE OFFENSE

Blocking more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage by an offensive player prior to a pass being thrown is offensive pass interference. See 8-3-1 for exception for an ineligible offensive player.

The pick (block) occurred more than one yard past the line, the refs ruled it was within one, not reviewable, end of story.

If you want to claim no pick, that is not what the refs ruled.

It was Jesus. the LOS was inside the 13, the pick occurred at the 12. In all worlds that is within 1 yard

B a receiver shoved the defender.

Wrong again, it was a legal pick play within 1 yard of the LOS, Brady correctly points that out, the Refs correctly huddle, the refs correctly pick up the flag

It was Jesus. the LOS was inside the 13, the pick occurred at the 12. In all worlds that is within 1 yard

Wrong again, it was a legal pick play within 1 yard of the LOS, Brady correctly points that out, the Refs correctly huddle, the refs correctly pick up the flag

I think it is clearly past a yard, you do not. Agree to disagree on that one.

Think we would all agree no one wins that argument whether right or wrong unless its Brady :lol:

I think it is clearly past a yard, you do not. Agree to disagree on that one.

Think we would all agree no one wins that argument whether right or wrong unless its Brady :lol:

Where is the LOS, clearly identified by the line. Inside the 13 is it not. The pick was ran at the 12 was it not?

It was the proper call. there is no preferential treatment here.

Where is the LOS, clearly identified by the line. Inside the 13 is it not. The pick was ran at the 12 was it not?

It was the proper call. there is no preferential treatment here.

I see the tip of the ball at snap at the 13 1/2 or so, the pick at the 11. Close, i agree. Close enough I am shocked they reversed it, and was when it happened live.

BTW, much like the yellow not 100%, i am not using the blue line, but the placement of the ball

Edited by plenzmd1

I see the tip of the ball at snap at the 13 1/2 or so, the pick at the 11. Close, i agree. Close enough I am shocked they reversed it, and was when it happened live.

BTW, much like the yellow not 100%, i am not using the blue line, but the placement of the ball

Hard to tell where the LOS are because Centers routinely move the ball closer to themselves on shotgun snaps. To me the yard marker is clearly inside the 13. Contact startered at the 12.

But neither here or there tie is always going to the offense in a passing league. But at the end of the day it doesnt matter.

NEWSFLASH to those that want to complain Superstars get calls. Happens all over the League.