Heading to Bills Nation

CowgirlsFan

Wish my damn work schedule would work out... I hate taking 12 hour days off and Sunday Premium. I got so much time off, but most home games are falling the wrong way this year. I gotta get to one home game! Even the week I come home to care for my father is breaking bad. Away game @ Jets.

October 22 for the Bucs seems doable though.

YEP!! But this is the third time up.

Today was a trip to Sodis Point to see their light house and I picked my first apple from an apple orchard.

Sodus Point/Bay/Huron, Ny, up to Little Sodus Bay/Fair Haven, know it well. When I started with the Corps of Engineers I was in hyrdographic survey... We would sound (take depth readings) of those harbors. Those harbors and harbors of refuge are maintained to various project depths (Rivers & Harbor Acts). The soundings we would record would determine what needed to be dredged and how much material removed. Gone are the days of mechanical survey, we use GPS and sound from the sky now. It used to take multiple survey crews, now takes a boat with a crew of two. Years ago, you may have noticed my handy work and station numbers along a baseline, now probably all faded away... :-(

Speaking of Lake Ontario, we just had two "Great Loopers" that came through the lock today. One was from Kingston, Ontario (other side of Lake Ontario) & the other, a couple from France that picked up their boat in Delaware. Both in catamarans. Both cats met on Lake Ontario and befriended each other, teamed up entering the Trent-Severn Waterway @ the Bay of Quinte on their way to Georgian Bay/Lake Huron and down to Chicago. Been hanging with each other ever since.

Here they are, a mini-convoy, tag-team of cats that met on Lake Ontario and were headed to the Caribbean:

They will shadow each other down the Illinois, Mississippi, up the Ohio, down the Tenn-Tom to Mobile, Alabama. Nice to have a friend to travel with! :-)

Enjoy your visit, NYS is so beautiful, especially in the fall!

If you can, visit Letchworth State Park. "Grand Canyon of the East"... Such a treat in the fall! My mother inlaw was born in Mt. Morris. That's not too far south, from where you are. About same distance south from Rochester as Sodus is east. Not too far of a hike.