Is this the new "normal" for Dareus

San-O

it's not the school man. it's today. alabama is a strong program. what a kid does with his mind after leaving, is on him. these kids today seem to have more issues then back in the day. although, back in the day wasn't in the spotlight either.

however, he will be gone this off season. I hold no grudges nor animosity to an nfl player who I have no control over, I don't sign his check. their agent and the buffalo bills hand out the contracts. some meet and exceed expectations, some don't. I know one thing, he had/has potential but I'm not going to gain anything by calling him names. I hope he can contribute what they ask of him this season and then it'll be fare well.

SEC schools recruit older kids. They peak in college while others peak with in the pros with coaches who actually know how to play football and have the resources they need. No distractions. No school. No family. No draft. No excuses.

They also overdraft and bench talent so other schools cannot pick them up. Get on the travel squad, life long dream is accomplished. Get passed over in the draft, you've got motivation and willing to do what it takes.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when he is gone after this season who will be the new player on the whipping post?

My guess would be Clay.

Contract stinks, but Whaley didn't write the contract, Overdorf did. The Bills will likely trade Dareus sometime before training camp next year unless he shapes up.

People can keep on blaming Overdorf but the GM is the guy that sets the value on the players/positions. Overdorf is the guy that draws up a contract based off that number and what the GM wants. He is that guy because he is a lawyer and the GM isn't.

Edited by Scott7975

Sigh..... it's pretty obvious that the DT's in this system are there to eat up space for the linebackers to make plays. You won't see a 10 sack season from Marcel in this system. people seem to think that two 4-3 defense are the same. Schwartz's system has penetrating DT's. Marcel was given that fat contract while under that system. People seem to want to blame that on Marcel. You should really be blaming ownership for changing coaches every 2 years.

Sigh..... it's pretty obvious that the DT's in this system are there to eat up space for the linebackers to make plays. You won't see a 10 sack season from Marcel in this system. people seem to think that two 4-3 defense are the same. Schwartz's system has penetrating DT's. Marcel was given that fat contract while under that system. People seem to want to blame that on Marcel. You should really be blaming ownership for changing coaches every 2 years.

Sam Adams, Pat Williams, Tony Siragusa, Marcel Dareus.

Spot the odd man out.

So wish we got JJ WATT instead. He has been banged up lately but guy was a 3x defensive player of the year and should have won NFL MVP. He seems to be back to his old self so far this year. Would have loved to see him next to Kyle all these years.

That would have been SWEET! .... but instead we get Goo-zilla ... oof

Perhaps some of the reason we got a lot of picks for next years draft. Will need to be drafting a DL decently early.

then why do we see K. Williams around tons of plays, while Big Darues is the Big Invisible.

Maybe they are thinking they can package Marcell up with some draft pics to move up for QB in 2018?

that'd be preferable to spending all the picks.

Albert Haynesworth 2.0. Just like Fat Al, hes collected his paycheck and now is trying his best to get released so he can get rewarded with another windfall. These injuries are reminiscent of Byrds various ailments.

When we were talking about extending him to a large contract, I voiced my worries about the possibility of Haynesworth 2.0. Wish I was wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong but these injuries seem to be easily faked. To me, he just doesnt want to be in Buffalo or does not want to play football anymore.