Matthews: Blame Tyrod if you must.

JM2009

The crusading anti-Tyrod blindspot is quite revealing if the argument is advocating Holmes as any kind of legit deep threat. He's a journeyman who's best suited for ST contributions.

And yet i posted facts about that myth of no deep route runner.

Unlike your poor little call out posts. Stick to posting twitter links you offer nothing else

So in other words they are fine with it, they don't really like touchdowns like TT apparently doesn't, and won't make him throw deep when the play is there to be made. Right. That's believable.

Go chart TT performance on the road the past two years and tell me again how last week was any different.

People talk about Big Ben at home vs Road. Do the research you will see something very interesting and telling in TT road vs home performances.

Edited by MAJBobby

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike your poor little call out posts. Stick to posting twitter links you offer nothing else

You offer nothing beyond your crusade against Taylor. One trick pony. Holmes as a deep threat is just another tired and nakedly transparent shot at Taylor.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

You offer nothing beyond your crusade against Taylor. One trick pony. Holmes as a deep threat is just another tired and nakedly transparent shot at Taylor.

Stick to your twitter posts. They are at least informative.

Yeah sorry facts about the route tree of a certain WR offende some that love making excuses for poor play of some

Go chart TT performance on the road the past two years and tell me again how last week was any different.

People talk about Big Ben at home vs Road. Do the research you will see something very interesting and telling in TT road vs home performances.

The only fact is that this is a bad WR corp as is, and a lot of QBs would struggle with it. Clay is ok. Just talking about the WR corp. And it is not better than 2016.

The only fact is that this is a bad WR corp as is, and a lot of QBs would struggle with it. Clay is ok. Just talking about the WR corp. And it is not better than 2016.

Again yes it is. As a group is it better than 2016.

It is not better and is worse than the 2015 group.

Stick to your twitter posts. They are at least informative.

Yeah sorry facts about the route tree of a certain WR offende some that love making excuses for poor play of some

Who cares what routes he runs if he's not any good as a WR. Newsflash! He's not. Crusade on!

Your claim that the WR corps is improved from 2016 is in a word laughable. Talk about uninformed.

Bobby baby... you are arguing something that no one has argued. No one has contested that there are not players who will run deep patterns. No one. Ever. Not one. Zip zero zilch. Less than one. No one has claimed that.

What everyone arguing this point is claiming is that there is NO DEEP THREAT that other teams worry about. Everyone. All of them. Completely and utterly every single one. 100%. Each and every. Not one of them cares whatsoever or has ever intimated that our WR won't run a route he is asked to run. None. Zero. Ever. And yet you constantly argue this non existent point.

You should try living in the world the rest of us are living in. It's a blast.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

It's unfair that a millionaire who isn't good at his job is being blamed for being bad at his job? How awful.

He could always, you know...play better.

Tyrod sucked long before losing those receivers...

Tyrod sucked long before losing those receivers...

Watkins had a big year in 2015 with TT throwing the ball.

Bobby baby... you are arguing something that no one has argued. No one has contested that there are not players who will run deep patterns. No one. Ever. Not one. Zip zero zilch. Less than one. No one has claimed that.

What everyone arguing this point is claiming is that there is NO DEEP THREAT that other teams worry about. Everyone. All of them. Completely and utterly every single one. 100%. Each and every. Not one of them cares whatsoever or has ever intimated that our WR won't run a route he is asked to run. None. Zero. Ever. And yet you constantly argue this non existent point.

Running fast and being a good WR do not go hand in hand. He doesn't get this.

You know how you get teams to worry about your deep passing?

Actually pull the trigger on the deep routes. Not wait for them to be college open. Happens all over the league. But keep trying

Watkins had a big year in 2015 with TT throwing the ball.

Running fast and being a good WR do not go hand in hand. He doesn't get this.

So it is ok to keep brining up the 2015 season with Watkins because it helps pad the argument of TT being hung out to dry.

But cant pull up legacy route trees of current Bills WRs that show its a fallacy because it hurts your point. Got it.

So i am allowed to look at legacy info if it makes a certain player that i want to defend as all costs. But not allowed to look up legacy information that hurts my point. Thanks got it.

Who cares what routes he runs if he's not any good as a WR. Newsflash! He's not. Crusade on!

Your claim that the WR corps is improved from 2016 is in a word laughable. Talk about uninformed.

Uninformed hmmm ok guess i will read your twitter posts more

You know how you get teams to worry about your deep passing?

Actually pull the trigger on the deep routes. Not wait for them to be college open. Happens all over the league. But keep trying

So it is ok to keep brining up the 2015 season with Watkins because it helps pad the argument of TT being hung out to dry.

But cant pull up legacy route trees of current Bills WRs that show its a fallacy because it hurts your point. Got it.

So i am allowed to look at legacy info if it makes a certain player that i want to defend as all costs. But not allowed to look up legacy information that hurts my point. Thanks got it.

Uninformed hmmm ok guess i will read your twitter posts more

Is that the best you have? Doesn't refute your nonsensical posts about Andre the Great. Crusade on!

Is that the best you have? Doesn't refute your nonsensical posts about Andre the Great. Crusade on!

Target and Route Breakdown

I charted Holmes with 53 targets (including penalties). 20 came on first down, 13 on second down, 19 on third, and one on fourth. Holmes hauled in 25 passes -- 20 moved the chains -- for 431 yards and his first career touchdown. Of his 28 targets that weren't hauled in, I credited Holmes with three drops. Seven of Holmes' targets came in the red zone, and he was stopped at the one-yard line twice. He could have easily scored four-to-five more touchdowns.

On Holmes' 53 targets, I jotted down what kind of route he ran. He ran 11 "go" routes, seven "in" routes, six double-moves, five comebacks, four crossing routes, four hitches, three slants, three outs, three drags, two posts, two corner routes, two back-shoulder fades, and one sit-down route.

Holmes was asked to run a lot of routes of the intermediate-to-deep variety, which is obviously part of the reason he caught fewer than 50 percent of the passes that came his direction. Also working against Holmes was Terrelle Pryor and Matt McGloin's inability to get the ball to him in stride or at chest level. On one instance, Pryor overthrew Holmes on a deep ball when had a step or two on Ike Taylor that may have gone for a long touchdown. Pryor was 4-for-15 throwing to Holmes, while McGloin was 21-for-38. I noticed that Holmes was often McGloin's first read. He knew all he had to do was throw it up to the high-flying Holmes to have a chance at a big play.

There is is again. Just in case you want to see he does run deep routes and has been effective at them

I charted Holmes with 53 targets (including penalties). 20 came on first down, 13 on second down, 19 on third, and one on fourth. Holmes hauled in 25 passes -- 20 moved the chains -- for 431 yards and his first career touchdown. Of his 28 targets that weren't hauled in, I credited Holmes with three drops. Seven of Holmes' targets came in the red zone, and he was stopped at the one-yard line twice. He could have easily scored four-to-five more touchdowns.

On Holmes' 53 targets, I jotted down what kind of route he ran. He ran 11 "go" routes, seven "in" routes, six double-moves, five comebacks, four crossing routes, four hitches, three slants, three outs, three drags, two posts, two corner routes, two back-shoulder fades, and one sit-down route.

Holmes was asked to run a lot of routes of the intermediate-to-deep variety, which is obviously part of the reason he caught fewer than 50 percent of the passes that came his direction. Also working against Holmes was Terrelle Pryor and Matt McGloin's inability to get the ball to him in stride or at chest level. On one instance, Pryor overthrew Holmes on a deep ball when had a step or two on Ike Taylor that may have gone for a long touchdown. Pryor was 4-for-15 throwing to Holmes, while McGloin was 21-for-38. I noticed that Holmes was often McGloin's first read. He knew all he had to do was throw it up to the high-flying Holmes to have a chance at a big play.

There is is again. Just in case you want to see he does run deep routes and has been effective at them

Maybe Holmes gets us a second round pick in a trade. He's so good, good thing the Bills scooped him up when they did.

Are people forgetting our D played lights out and held the Panthers to three field goals?

Is it fair to blame our qb who couldn't get us in position to score more than a field goal?! Yes!!

With the D playing this well who else do you blame?!

It's like I'm living on mars or something!

Edited by likei've

Are people forgetting our D played lights out and held the Panthers to three field goals?

Is it fair to blame our qb who couldn't get is in position to score more than a field goal?! Yes!!

With the D playing this well who else do you blame?!

It's like I'm living on mars or something!

You didnt hear. This week it is the WRs and that there is no deep threat Edited by MAJBobby

Well I'm sure Derek Carr is crying every night with the Raiders' passing game suffering with Holmes gone. :lol: I'm surprised the Bills' haven't received any offers of Cooper or Crabtree to reacquire Andre the Great.

Well I'm sure Derek Carr is crying every night with the Raiders' passing game suffering with Holmes gone. :lol: I'm surprised the Bills' haven't received any offers of Cooper or Crabtree to reacquire Andre the Great.

He is on the field. Just 4 more games and he ties Sammy the greats availability