Socialized Medicine - Bernie Style

GG

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His plan is finally out in public. But the scary part to me is that 15 Dem Senators co-sponsored. I imagine it's because none of them understand how to balance a bank account

They co-sponsored because they know it's DOA, so there's no chance they need to be held accountable for it. It's political pandering with zero risk.

It's a letter to Santa Claus.

Or, a gift from Santa Claus for Rs running in 2018.

I can't imagine the level of delusion required to believe that more than 25-27% of the country will look at single payer, after the Obamacare debacle, and say "more please". This is like telling 73-75% of the country "I don't care how badly we screwed you last time, this time we're gonna get it right". :lol: Who is actually going to believe that the government will get this right, never mind support them trying, after the amount of our $ they've already pissed away?

Answer 25-27%. It's always the same % in all sorts of polls: People who believe in unlimited abortion, that they were abducted by aliens, that 9/11 was an inside job, that we got into Iraq to steal oil, etc. So many polls expose that the far-left actually only represent about 25% of the country, and yet they seek to impose their will on the rest of us.

Actually, given the amount of red pilling that's happened in the last 3 months? I'd say that number is down to 20%.

And here is the bottom line: There is a false expectation that Trump should "unite the country". Trump, and the rest of us, are never going to "unite" with those people, nor should we. There is no common ground with crazy/stupid. There is only clearing defining them and what they actually believe, and then ignoring because common sense demands it. Instead, Trump should focus on driving up his numbers with the remaining 75%, because: 75-25 is a nice way to win an election. Duh, Democrats.

Or, a gift from Santa Claus for Rs running in 2018.

I can't imagine the level of delusion required to believe that more than 25-27% of the country will look at single payer, after the Obamacare debacle, and say "more please". This is like telling 73-75% of the country "I don't care how badly we screwed you last time, this time we're gonna get it right". :lol: Who is actually going to believe that the government will get this right, never mind support them trying, after the amount of our $ they've already pissed away?

Answer 25-27%. It's always the same % in all sorts of polls: People who believe in unlimited abortion, that they were abducted by aliens, that 9/11 was an inside job, that we got into Iraq to steal oil, etc. So many polls expose that the far-left actually only represent about 25% of the country, and yet they seek to impose their will on the rest of us.

Actually, given the amount of red pilling that's happened in the last 3 months? I'd say that number is down to 20%.

And here is the bottom line: There is a false expectation that Trump should "unite the country". Trump, and the rest of us, are never going to "unite" with those people, nor should we. There is no common ground with crazy/stupid. There is only clearing defining them and what they actually believe, and then ignoring because common sense demands it. Instead, Trump should focus on driving up his numbers with the remaining 75%, because: 75-25 is a nice way to win an election. Duh, Democrats.

The opposition to Obamacare was mostly generated by the right wing echo chamber and those most against it were/are just empty headed haters that were know nothings to begin with. Single payer is popular now http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/06/23/public-support-for-single-payer-health-coverage-grows-driven-by-democrats/but I imagine once the right wing propaganda machine heats up that number will come down and the lies will cloud the issue

A day in politics is an eternity, especially starting in October 2018.

Up here governments can dissolve by order of the top party and have an election well before the time frame of sanity.

I don't think it has ever worked, England was the last one under the same system to watch a sure thing fall apart in 3 days.

The opposition to Obamacare was mostly generated by the right wing echo chamber and those most against it were/are just empty headed haters that were know nothings to begin with. Single payer is popular now http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/06/23/public-support-for-single-payer-health-coverage-grows-driven-by-democrats/but I imagine once the right wing propaganda machine heats up that number will come down and the lies will cloud the issue

The above is the perfect example of the amount of delusion required to believe that single payer is a viable political policy to even raise, never mind to believe it's an election winner.

And, notice the cognitive dissonance: the above comes pre-packaged with an excuse for why it failed, when it does. It's not that the American people will refuse the Ds another chance to blatantly lie, then F up design and construction, then blame everybody but themselves("If you like your doctor...").

No, it's because the Republicans and their magical/mad scientist hypnosis machines will turn everybody against the D "heroes". :lol:

Tune in next week to see Tiberius and his faithful companions ButtPlug, and GenderBender fight evil supporters of individual rights!!! GO! Tiberius! GO!

Edited by OCinBuffalo

single payer with the option to buy private if you wish.... that's the ticket...

and no you can't go back to what was doing just fine before Obama's folly....

That's literally what they have in England right now. So much for the NHS being the be-all end-all. In fact, check out these job listings: https://www.indeed.co.uk/Javascript-Developer-jobs-in-London

EVERY SINGLE ONE has PRIVATE INSURANCE listed as a benefit.

So, again, I ask, if single payer in other countries is so great, why does every single one of their IT jobs offer private insurance? Not convinced yet? How about this, a company that does business in Berlin, Kiev, and HANOI of all places: https://www.paymentwall.com/en/careers/kiev/junior-front-end-developer/297

OFFERS PRIVATE INSURANCE.

I could spend the next hour snagging jobs from Japan(you know, the country that spends the "least per capita on health care" :rolleyes: ...until you realize that's because "illegal side payments(bribing the ambulance driver) are condoned by the government") and they all have Private Insurance. Yeah, Japan has a great...Stalinist...single payer plan.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Obviously private insurance is a better option, available to those with jobs and/or the ability to pay the $$$

but if you don't have that option, and the federal government is keen to cover everyone from erection to Resurrection, then single payer is a good side situation.

The above is the perfect example of the amount of delusion required to believe that single payer is a viable political policy to even raise, never mind to believe it's an election winner.

And, notice the cognitive dissonance: the above comes pre-packaged with an excuse for why it failed, when it does. It's not that the American people will refuse the Ds another chance to blatantly lie, then F up design and construction, then blame everybody but themselves("If you like your doctor...").

No, it's because the Republicans and their magical/mad scientist hypnosis machines will turn everybody against the D "heroes". :lol:

Tune in next week to see Tiberius and his faithful companions ButtPlug, and GenderBender fight evil supporters of individual rights!!! GO! Tiberius! GO!

Actually, I think Sanders is doing something really wrong. Dems should, in my opinion, be fixated on updating and improving Obamacare not in trying to figure out a plan for moving hundreds of millions Americans off of employer health care plans (flawed as that system is) onto government plans. I think that would be politically stupid. It would not be an election winner and I hope Dems don't sell their souls on it

Hillary:

“As you might remember, during the campaign he introduced a single-payer bill every year he was in Congress—and when somebody finally read it, he couldn’t explain it and couldn’t really tell people how much it was going to cost,” she said, arguing that the tax increases would likely be an insurmountable obstacle and noting that a similar plan had failed in Vermont. She continued the criticism in an interview with Pod Save America, complaining that Sanders’s indefensible claims “filled up a lot of space” during the Democratic primary and that it was “challenging to have a straightforward argument” about health care. “Because he would say: ‘Oh, we’re going to do single-payer.’ And I’d say, ‘Well, how are you going to do it?’ And he wouldn’t know.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/09/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-single-payer

And it isn't coincidental that every Senator who is considering running for president signed on. You gotta pander to the base to win not unlike what the candidates in the GOP did as well.

The GOP under Reagan learned that lofty principles have no meaning when you have to run the shop, advantageous compromise is the key to success.

The current GOP has no direction or spine at all, still the better option when they do nothing to make it worse.

The GOP under Reagan learned that lofty principles have no meaning when you have to run the shop, advantageous compromise is the key to success.

The current GOP has no direction or spine at all, still the better option when they do nothing to make it worse.

The GOP is a very fragmented coalition of various belief structures with, at best, a few overlapping ideals.

They are not a monolith, and with the rise of various small government movements, are ideologically opposed to most of what is being proposed by the current administration. As an example, libertarians can never support the implementation of any new forms of government run healthcare. They also stand it stark opposition to conservatives who seek to use the power of government to advance their own moral agendas.

It's not that they don't have spine or direction; it's that you are expecting them to work together, when the reality is that they only stand together because of our broken two party system, which without they would have very little in common.

The GOP is a bunch of tired old elephants sitting in the comfy chairs of exclusive men's clubs. And why not if you can get away with it.

It has never been a party of substance for conservative values outside of Goldwater's disaster, Reagan and somewhat W.