McDermott says McCoy may play "every snap" this season

BADOLBILZ

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I already said I understand the context.......but when you are accused of a level of carelessness with your roster......then you joke about having to play a guy every down......it opens you up for criticism.

So you believe that, if Shady gets hurt, the coaches WORDS were part of the cause and he should be criticized? o_O

Buffalo Bills Retweeted

LeSean McCoy not at practice right now due to stomach bug. #Bills

12 replies22 retweets40 likes
Retweet
Direct message

Looks like 26 beat me to it...

Didn't McCoy start camp with a stomach bug too?

Better to get it now than over the weekend!

Why resort to condescending snark?

1. Because I am tired of reading the same statements from certain posters in every thread regardless of the topic. It's tiresome.
  2. Because it's ridiculous to list every personnel move as a negative.
  3. because it's ridiculous to assume we are going to get blown out every game over a year from now.
  4. Because its ridiculous to start talk of firing a head coach before he has coached a single game.
  5. Because it's a terrible post.

So you believe that, if Shady gets hurt, the coaches WORDS were part of the cause and he should be criticized? o_O

I think it is more of a when Shady gets hurt. McBeane's words are what is generally referred to as hyperbole but reality says McCoy will not play every down and should he get dinged up, the O could go south in a hurry if it already hasn't.

1. Because I am tired of reading the same statements from certain posters in every thread regardless of the topic. It's tiresome.
  2. Because it's ridiculous to list every personnel move as a negative.
  3. because it's ridiculous to assume we are going to get blown out every game over a year from now.
  4. Because its ridiculous to start talk of firing a head coach before he has coached a single game.
  5. Because it's a terrible post.

This might come across as a leading question, but it's an honest one. Did you come here from BBMB?

Coach Tuesday has long been one of the best posters here.

Regardless, snark is a weak way to argue. It's non-substantive and simply comes across as an attempt to shut discussion down because most don't want to deal with insults.

Seriously, see what I wrote above about Bradley. Do these guys get 4 years? Or are they out after 2-3 if they don't succeed? It's an important question given the partial tear-down that just occurred.

Edited by dave mcbride

This might come across as a leading question, but it's an honest one. Did you come here from BBMB?

Regardless, snark is a weak way to argue. It's non-substantive and simply comes across as an attempt to shut discussion down because most don't want to deal with insults.

Seriously, see what I wrote above about Bradley. Do these guys get 4 years? Or are they out after 2-3 if they don't succeed? It's an important question given the partial tear-down that just occurred.

Thanks Dave. And yeah, my point was really about whether Terry will lose patience after a couple of years despite his assurances to McB that he'll stay the course and have patience.

I did not come from BBMB.

I don't know Coach Tuesday or anyone on this board, personally or professionally. I did notice Tuesday has like 10k posts which is very impressive and I am sure a large percentage of them are great. From what I have seen from his posts in my short time here is that he is very negative, especially towards the new regime.

I agree that snarkiness is a weak way to argue.

I would assume if the Bills remain terrible in 2018 and all of the personnel decisions go sideways, 2019 would be the last year. I can't imagine they get less than 3 years. I think the playoffs get them 5 years minimum. Hovering around .500 would be the toughest decision for Terry in my eyes based on the "soft rebuild".

I do believe if they were installing a Jets type rebuild they would have to get 5 years regardless. That's why I believe, and I think has been stated, Coach Bowles is out of a job next year.

Thanks Dave. And yeah, my point was really about whether Terry will lose patience after a couple of years despite his assurances to McB that he'll stay the course and have patience.

My bad Coach, it was an unnecessary response.

Seems the Ginger Hammer kept his word. He ran so much Shady got :sick:

with his reply I hope this will ease up on the BBMBers are crappy posters comments

LAMP I'm proud to say

• 0 warning points
Edited by ShadyBillsFan

http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/lesean-mccoy-misses-thursday-s-buffalo-bills-practice-9_7_17-

"McCoy was not present during Thursday's practice due to an illness, but the team did say he was in the facility in the morning. The running back's status will be updated after the practice when head coach Sean McDermott speaks with the media."

stomach bug. no need to panic but I'm sure many will.

I did not come from BBMB.

I don't know Coach Tuesday or anyone on this board, personally or professionally. I did notice Tuesday has like 10k posts which is very impressive and I am sure a large percentage of them are great. From what I have seen from his posts in my short time here is that he is very negative, especially towards the new regime.

I agree that snarkiness is a weak way to argue.

I would assume if the Bills remain terrible in 2018 and all of the personnel decisions go sideways, 2019 would be the last year. I can't imagine they get less than 3 years. I think the playoffs get them 5 years minimum. Hovering around .500 would be the toughest decision for Terry in my eyes based on the "soft rebuild".

I do believe if they were installing a Jets type rebuild they would have to get 5 years regardless. That's why I believe, and I think has been stated, Coach Bowles is out of a job next year.

Personally, I do think they'll get 4, but if they genuinely suck after 3 ... well, who knows. Bradley got that extra year and nothing got better. It wasn't really all him - he didn't draft Gabbert and Bortles. Those QBs killed him. The Jags' D was actually pretty good last year and looks loaded this season.

It's all good. WRT my recent posts - it's not that I'm down on the new regime so much as I'm down on the owner. I like Terry as a person - he and his wife seem like great humans. I haven't liked what they've done with their two sports franchises. In several instances now, they've over-empowered unqualified managers and then have lost patience for the plans they empowered. Empowerment is good, but it needs to be smart. I've always wanted Terry to hire a football/hockey "czar" of some kind, if not to have total control than at least to consult with him and serve as a sounding board for important decisions.

WRT to McBeane, I don't think it was a good idea to expel so much young talent, so early, without having a track record of prior success. Not that I don't think it will work in the long run - it may or may not - but because I don't believe that Terry ultimately will have the patience to see it through, especially if (i) the Bills are still struggling to win games by next fall, and (ii) the young players they got rid of are performing at a high level elsewhere. If that happens, ownership will be under tremendous pressure from fans who will be looking around the league and realizing that a roster of former Bills could whip the current Bills roster on Sundays. We'll be closer to an even 20 year drought. The CBA and stadium lease issues will be on the immediate horizon. Under all of those circumstances, and taking BADOL's point about McBeane (and other coaches/GMs in the past) confusing Terry's assent with his buy-in, I just wonder whether Terry will remain willing to stay the course. He has demonstrated time and again that he can change his mind QUICKLY. It shocks people - it shocked Rex, Wales and Murray, none of whom (I believe) saw their dismissals coming.

It shouldnt have shocked Rex.

He took over a team that was built to win if they could just get a little bit out of the offense and continue to play great defense.

The offense more than responded, and Rex completely !@#$ed the defense.

But that's not the point. He thought Terry was in his corner, I believe.

stomach bug. no need to panic but I'm sure many will.

LeSean McCoy actually was able to practice today, so he'll be listed as limited on the injury report, according to the #Bills.

Just asked Sean McDermott if there was any question if LeSean McCoy would play Sunday. "Not at this point,"... http://www.espn.com/espn/now?no