PFF names EJ Gaines top CB of preseason

YoloinOhio

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have anything productive to add or are you going to keep trying the same exact joke until:

A) the bottles are empty

or

B) you pass out?

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp :beer:

Speaking of worn out jokes.

Week comeback. I liked Sammy and Darby but they didn't preform. Bills are going in another direction. Hopefully the Bills made a good decision. Put your big boy pants on and come along for the ride!! It's going to be fun. Or go root for another team.

Silly season isn't over.

Week comeback. I liked Sammy and Darby but they didn't preform. Bills are going in another direction. Hopefully the Bills made a good decision. Put your big boy pants on and come along for the ride!! It's going to be fun. Or go root for another team.

Weak spelling. Oh, the support every decision or find another team silliness. Now that's WEAK. :lol: Next time preform a better response.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Apparently I've gotten under your skin. That's funny.

You're drunk. :lol:

I think I can speak for the board in saying that they all appreciate you just interjecting drunken ramblings trying to get under my skin rather than posting something to discuss.

If it keeps you from doing your usual work.......like attacking people who post good inside information.......I guess I can take one for the team. :thumbsup::lol:

I got you..........under my skin....... :beer:

Hope you can at least admit Sammy and Darby had disappointing seasons last year. Bills took the calculated risk to get rid of them now. Hope they were right and YOUR WRONG 😳

Weak spelling. Oh, the support every decision or find another team silliness. Now that's WEAK. :lol: Next time preform a better response.

No, it's all doom and gloom around here, remember?

Seriously though, instead of having an offense that puts up a lot of points and a defense that just can't hold on for the win (e.g. L37-31 to the Jets; L28-25 to Miami; Loss 31-25 to Seattle, and the list goes on), this year we should see a defense that dominates and an offense that does enough to win. I'm pretty sure we'll see several wins of the 17-3 and 14-10 variety, as well as the occasional game early in the season where we put up 24+ on bad teams (i.e. Jets in week 1). As this season progresses I see the offense getting more comfortable and consistently scoring 2 to 3 TDs and 2 to 3 FGs each week, while it will be rare to see the defense give up more than 21.

I'm not as sold on the defense as you are quite yet , remember there was really no game planning, once we face and we will some great QB's I'm not so sure will be able to hold them to 10 - 14 points as your suggesting, but I do believe that will be good against the run ,

PFF ranking cornerbacks is something that I seriously question and always have. The scheme for each cornerback with the style of play and the opponents that they cover are too variable to draw even comparisons. Although EJ Gaines does remind me of Josh Norman, who I thought was vastly overrated. Such as the case with Antonio Cromartie who was also overrated due to skiing. Cornerbacks can find the right scheme and do very well and be very successful EJ Gaines maybe one of those guys

Gaines, absolutely is a zone CB. Give him a steady diet of man coverage responsibility and he going to get toasted because he lacks the physical skill set. There are some receivers he simply will not match up well with in man coverage. Zone coverage is more mental than man coverage is. Gaines knows what to do. He's never out of position and always handles his responsibilities well.