Syracuse Hoops 2017-2018

inkman

2 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Tough loss, but they showed a lot of talent and grit to make that a game down to the wire.

A really tight sweet 16 loss to a 2 seed is an extremely successful season. They overachieved with what they had out there, by a ton.

Im kinda bitter lol but I realized the flaws of the team and I'm very proud they got that far...

next year can be special If Battle returns 

I hate seeing Duke win regardless of who they're playing. Cuse played really good last night. They had some moments where they returned to regular season form, but they stuck it out all the way to the end. Hopefully they have the full roster next year along with the new recruits. Howard needs to step up his game. 

I am banking on Battle going pro. I have no idea why he has flown under the radar, but he looks like the best pro prospect we have had since Melo. Built for the NBA. I bet his stock goes through the roof after the NBA workouts. 

Even without him, we should be really good. I actually bet that Brissett will improve so much that he will be gone after next year. 

7 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I am banking on Battle going pro. I have no idea why he has flown under the radar, but he looks like the best pro prospect we have had since Melo. Built for the NBA. I bet his stock goes through the roof after the NBA workouts. 

Even without him, we should be really good. I actually bet that Brissett will improve so much that he will be gone after next year. 

Battle is definitely built for the NBA but he still needs to cleanup sloppy turnovers and he can be lax at times.

Boeheim says don't go unless your a lottery pick... he hated when Lydon let early... Battle can be a lottery pick next year but not this year

Honestly Dion Waiters was a freak and was even more built than Tyus... He came off the bench for 2 years only because Brandon Triche who I did like was getting token starts... 

Battle can go in the lottery like Waiters in 1 more year, it be smart

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Battle is definitely built for the NBA but he still needs to cleanup sloppy turnovers and he can be lax at times.

Boeheim says don't go unless your a lottery pick... he hated when Lydon let early... Battle can be a lottery pick next year but not this year

Honestly Dion Waiters was a freak and was even more built than Tyus... He came off the bench for 2 years only because Brandon Triche who I did like was getting token starts... 

Battle can go in the lottery like Waiters in 1 more year, it be smart

Great compairson to waiters. They are pretty much the same player. I hope you are right! 

By by the way, I totally forgot about Lydon. Just looked him up and he is averaging 12 PPG in the G League. Played exactly 2 minutes with the nuggets. No comment.

2 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Great compairson to waiters. They are pretty much the same player. I hope you are right! 

By by the way, I totally forgot about Lydon. Just looked him up and he is averaging 12 PPG in the G League. Played exactly 2 minutes with the nuggets. No comment.

And that's exactly what Boeheim told him would happen. He said Tyler come back and get picked top 12, you will make an NBA roster... you will get sent to the G league if your picked at 27...

amd Lydon said he will make the team, whoever drafts him lol coulda used him this year 

as for Battle, and Waiters... I think Waiters has a little more spring in his hop (why he went 4th) but Tyus is every bit his offensive equal... Tyus is so good at creating his own shot, and he has a legitimate hot spot at the top right corner of the 3 arc... 

I don't think we will have Brissett for too long either :(

On 3/24/2018 at 1:54 PM, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I think he could go pro, and would be picked late in the 1st round, but I don’t think he will leave.  He’s smart and comes from a good family.  Maybe not as eager as some to leave early for that payday.  I think he stays another year to work on that perimeter shot.  He doesn’t have the handle to play PG in the NBA, and his shot is not yet there to make a team as a SG, IMO.  He would likely end up in the D-League for a while anyway.  I think he stays one more year, but I have nothing to back my opinion, and have been wrong before plenty of times.

29 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I think he could go pro, and would be picked late in the 1st round, but I don’t think he will leave.  He’s smart and comes from a good family.  Maybe not as eager as some to leave early for that payday.  I think he stays another year to work on that perimeter shot.  He doesn’t have the handle to play PG in the NBA, and his shot is not yet there to make a team as a SG, IMO.  He would likely end up in the D-League for a while anyway.  I think he stays one more year, but I have nothing to back my opinion, and have been wrong before plenty of times.

I'm with you...he isn't desperate for $$, and he can improve his handles and perimeter shot

get drafted top 15

4 hours ago, The Poojer said:

He knew with Bazley coming in next year that he was going to be the 2nd SF off the bench. Great kid, but never panned out as the scorer he was reputed to be.  He’ll find a home somewhere.  Good luck, Matthew.

35 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Honestly, kind of lame of Moyer. Stick it out, improve, and go earn those minutes. He basically conceded that Dolezaj has beat him out. 

He’s redshirted and now he is sitting another year out? Better off staying.

One of my major criticisms of Boeheim is that he too sparingly plays the bench. You can see why players get frustrated when they don't get much playing time. If he would expand his rotation his starters would be fresher and the subs would not only get better but also feel like they are part of the team. 

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

One of my major criticisms of Boeheim is that he too sparingly plays the bench. You can see why players get frustrated when they don't get much playing time. If he would expand his rotation his starters would be fresher and the subs would not only get better but also feel like they are part of the team. 

Yeah....but Moyer proved early he could not shoot.  He played decent defense, was a good teammate, and could finish around the rim.  I will always have respect for him.  If you play SF in the ACC, you damned well better have a jumper.  Boeheim could not afford to have Moyer on the court.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yeah....but Moyer proved early he could not shoot.  He played decent defense, was a good teammate, and could finish around the rim.  I will always have respect for him.  If you play SF in the ACC, you damned well better have a jumper.  Boeheim could not afford to have Moyer on the court.

More and more you see players transferring from one program to another because of a lack of playing time. The lack of playing time has to frustrate a scholarship athlete. Even if Moyer wasn't a good shooter there still should be a role for him on the court. 

Very often a player will go to a big time program in which he simply isn't good enough especially in a program that yearly brings in top shelf talent. If a player such as Moyer went to Canisius or Niagra he would be getting a lot of playing time and more satisfaction from his college basketball experience.

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

More and more you see players transferring from one program to another because of a lack of playing time. The lack of playing time has to frustrate a scholarship athlete. Even if Moyer wasn't a good shooter there still should be a role for him on the court. 

Very often a player will go to a big time program in which he simply isn't good enough especially in a program that yearly brings in top shelf talent. If a player such as Moyer went to Canisius or Niagra he would be getting a lot of playing time and more satisfaction from his college basketball experience.

Well that's the thing... he didn't want to go to a Niagara or Canisius 

he was a consensus 4* recruit. He wants to play high major ball 

23 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

How do you get recruited to a D-1 school and can’t hit an open 17-footer? Guys like Moyer should be hitting that shot at a 60% clip. 

D1 is a completely different ball game and players lose their confidence which is everything 

he could make a 3 in HS and jump shoot ok... he lost his confidence 

look at Howard his first 2 years

Edited by Buffalo716