Tyrod in Concussion protocol (update - Cleared 9/5)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you know he works best for the team? are you basing this off preseason? I'm not going to deny the kid looks pretty good but I'm not going to crown him or claim he's the best for the team short or long term just yet. tuel looked good too and if I remember correctly fans were calling for him to start as well.

if anything, peterman has worked hard and earned the back up position and he very well could be the long term back up for this team.

if taylor is not ready I will look forward to what he can do with a real game on the line and will pull for him to have some success but as it stands, he is the back up QB.

It has more to do with Taylor not appearing to be in Buffalo's long term future then anything and If thats the case evaluating Peterman serves more of a purpose IMO.

It has more to do with Taylor not appearing to be in Buffalo's long term future then anything and If thats the case evaluating Peterman serves more of a purpose IMO.

...TT will be your starter......break the season down to four game increments of assessment......1/2 pole is probably the first one where decisions and/or changes can be made......if the "tankers" win after 8 games, then you may want to consider starting Peterman at that point......give the damn kid some time...........

...TT will be your starter......break the season down to four game increments of assessment......1/2 pole is probably the first one where decisions and/or changes can be made......if the "tankers" win after 8 games, then you may want to consider starting Peterman at that point......give the damn kid some time...........

Is your keyboard broken or do you just have an abnormal obsession with punctuation?

N P is already running the new O better then T T,

TIme to do what?

Is your keyboard broken or do you just have an abnormal obsession with punctuation?

....if you don;t like it, use IGNORE and go do your homework sonny......get lost..........

TIme to do what?

...damn 'Fig, it is a real tough call......this kid sure as hell is showing he has "IT".........so do you take your lumps and let him develop at a reasonable pace (1st or 5th pick doesn't make much difference to me) or do you throw 'em to the wolves and let him get beat up mentally as well as physically?.....willing to bite my tongue, wait until the 8 game mark, see where we are going forward (lost cause, in the hunt, etc) and make a decision at that point.....sure as hell 17 years hurts, but jumping the gun to burn up a kid who so far has shown promising moxy and potential is a tough call...what say you?....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Right now Taylor hasn't participated in team activities at all (if I'm reading the protocol correctly that would include any mental prep). McD has refused, and correctly so, to answer any questions about Tyrod, so how far into next week can he go before making a decision on his starter that gives the team in the best possible chance to win. After watching the defense against both

Baltimore and Detroit I think we can do some damage this year if the offense is even just good enough. What's the reasonable deadline, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday? Can't believe he'd put him out there without any preparation.

Right now Taylor hasn't participated in team activities at all (if I'm reading the protocol correctly that would include any mental prep). McD has refused, and correctly so, to answer any questions about Tyrod, so how far into next week can he go before making a decision on his starter that gives the team in the best possible chance to win. After watching the defense against both

Baltimore and Detroit I think we can do some damage this year if the offense is even just good enough. What's the reasonable deadline, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday? Can't believe he'd put him out there without any preparation.

seems like they should have a good idea by weds? but they can take it all the way to game day, no?

seems like they should have a good idea by weds? but they can take it all the way to game day, no?

That's what McD said, but how do you game prep when the strengths of the two QBs are so vastly different. This is one of maybe four wins we should count on as doable. I don't know if you can install a winning offensive game plan in a day or two. I get it, you practice Nate with the 1s till Tyrod is allowed back, What if that doesn't happen till Thursday?

That's what McD said, but how do you game prep when the strengths of the two QBs are so vastly different. This is one of maybe four wins we should count on as doable. I don't know if you can install a winning offensive game plan in a day or two. I get it, you practice Nate with the 1s till Tyrod is allowed back, What if that doesn't happen till Thursday?

they have to be working with doctors as well to give any clearance timetable and as monday approaches, if he's still not cleared, you go in to the weeks practice knowing peterman starts and practice as if he were. I have a gut feeling, since you don't rush these deals anymore, taylor wont be starting game one. honestly, I think the game will be more interesting watching the rookie take his lumps and see how he does at game speed. taylor shouldn't rush a concussion.

don't want to see them open the season 0-1 and 0-1 in the division. although, lurking about are the tank fans so losing may not be so bad for some?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Quick someone get McDermott and Beane on the phone!

Way ahead of ya, 26...an email was sent last night. B-)

TIme to do what?

exactly, Figster...Peterman could be our Dak Prescott and save our season...we really have nothing to lose...because if he bombs, we draft a QB next year anyway...to me it is a win win.

....if you don;t like it, use IGNORE and go do your homework sonny......get lost..........

...damn 'Fig, it is a real tough call......this kid sure as hell is showing he has "IT".........so do you take your lumps and let him develop at a reasonable pace (1st or 5th pick doesn't make much difference to me) or do you throw 'em to the wolves and let him get beat up mentally as well as physically?.....willing to bite my tongue, wait until the 8 game mark, see where we are going forward (lost cause, in the hunt, etc) and make a decision at that point.....sure as hell 17 years hurts, but jumping the gun to burn up a kid who so far has shown promising moxy and potential is a tough call...what say you?....

I say the fact people are liking a 5th round draft choice well enough to become concerned with his development speaks volumes my friend.

Way ahead of ya, 26...an email was sent last night. B-)

exactly, Figster...Peterman could be our Dak Prescott and save our season...we really have nothing to lose...because if he bombs, we draft a QB next year anyway...to me it is a win win.

This is how I see it. Taylor's not getting another extension, so him playing is like spinning our wheels.

You find out if Peterman has the goods, if he does. We know and can plan accordingly.

If not, well, we get our guy in the upcoming draft. Win win.

they have to be working with doctors as well to give any clearance timetable and as monday approaches, if he's still not cleared, you go in to the weeks practice knowing peterman starts and practice as if he were. I have a gut feeling, since you don't rush these deals anymore, taylor wont be starting game one. honestly, I think the game will be more interesting watching the rookie take his lumps and see how he does at game speed. taylor shouldn't rush a concussion.

don't want to see them open the season 0-1 and 0-1 in the division. although, lurking about are the tank fans so losing may not be so bad for some?

This seems reasonable, and it could get real interesting if he handles it and they win. Not so much for the team (it would just bring a whole new set of variables) but this place would implode.

I'm sorry Fig, but as much as I don't think Taylor's in Buffalo's long term future, he's got a better chance at it than Peterman, who might see 10 or 12 games, at most, this season. And even if Taylor were benched and Peterman comes in and looks really good, you think Beane (who played no part in drafting Peterman) isn't going to do everything he can to go out and get his guy in the draft with his stockpile of draft picks?

Taylor and Peterman are both, at this point, longshots at being long term answers for this team at the position. But the reality is that Taylor has a more realistic shot at proving he can be this year than Peterman does.